By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Bristow9091 said:

Wow, nice to see this thread has still been chugging on in my absence, thanks to everyone for contributing and keeping it alive, really appreciate it!

Glad to know you are still alive.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Clan Elysium just went back-to-back-to-back Raid world's first wins in Destiny 2! Took them almost exactly 5 hours to beat it. You get a pretty sick wrestling belt with your clan name and gamer tags inscribed on it!

I'm disappointed to find out my Horizon bundle was a digital copy of the game, damn. I should have bought the clean version instead of the bundled one, yeah I'm dumb as hell

Everything here is taking forever to download... as expected. I'm shocked with how big some PS4 saves are (my FF XV save has over 1 GB) and seems like I cannot do anything else when my saves are downloading (which is a bit annoying)

I'm considered going with my PS5 to college tomorrow and downloading all my games there, but I'm not sure if I have access to a room with a TV, I'll find out.

Bristow9091 said:

Wow, nice to see this thread has still been chugging on in my absence, thanks to everyone for contributing and keeping it alive, really appreciate it!

Great to see you back!

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Playing Demon souls on PS5, such as fantastic game. 5 hours played currently.

I've tested Wanderer, Temple Knight and Royalty. All 3 played very differently and I guess Wanderer is more my style, although I must choose Royalty in the end as I want to try a magic build

The PS5 system boots really fast, as so are the leading times. The game is GORGEOUS, the lighting and colors are vibrant and controls are fluid. 10/10 experience so far

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

I've tested Wanderer, Temple Knight and Royalty. All 3 played very differently and I guess Wanderer is more my style, although I must choose Royalty in the end as I want to try a magic build

The PS5 system boots really fast, as so are the leading times. The game is GORGEOUS, the lighting and colors are vibrant and controls are fluid. 10/10 experience so far

Definitely the most primitive Souls game, and definitely the one that felt like it needed an upgrade the most, but still special as hell. Absolutely loved that game. 

Don't get me wrong, I DO feel that there's a lot of gameplay mechanics that absolutely needed to go (world and character Tendency were weird as hell and the events linked to those elements were just way too obtuse for my liking), but it was a clear progenitor to a lot of what I liked in later games. Now if they could do something similar with Bloodborne, I'd be ecstatic! also, Royalty is hands-down the best class. Ruins EVERYTHING in that game except ONE boss. 

I'm curious what you think about all the haptic feedback and dualsense features? The handful of games that utilize them are all pretty awesome if you ask me. Ratchet & Clank is really good, too; as is Returnal. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

The trophy group that I take part in on Facebook just posted this pic on their page. It's from a Walmart in New Mexico. They were amazed at PS5's actually being in a store so I thought I would share. It seems stock is definitely improving all over. 

Blood_Tears said:

The trophy group that I take part in on Facebook just posted this pic on their page. It's from a Walmart in New Mexico. They were amazed at PS5's actually being in a store so I thought I would share. It seems stock is definitely improving all over. 

Oh man that looks so nice! I got mine so I don't feel bad, but I hope they all find lovely homes! (As opposed to scalpers)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Definitely the most primitive Souls game, and definitely the one that felt like it needed an upgrade the most, but still special as hell. Absolutely loved that game. 

Don't get me wrong, I DO feel that there's a lot of gameplay mechanics that absolutely needed to go (world and character Tendency were weird as hell and the events linked to those elements were just way too obtuse for my liking), but it was a clear progenitor to a lot of what I liked in later games. Now if they could do something similar with Bloodborne, I'd be ecstatic! also, Royalty is hands-down the best class. Ruins EVERYTHING in that game except ONE boss. 

I'm curious what you think about all the haptic feedback and dualsense features? The handful of games that utilize them are all pretty awesome if you ask me. Ratchet & Clank is really good, too; as is Returnal. 

Haptic feedback is fantastic, remember me Switch joycons just some levels better and with better ergonomy. I've tried the motion controls in Astro's Playroom and my verdict is: I FUCKING HATE MOTION CONTROS! PLEASE STOP USING MOTION CONTROLS IN GAMING FOR GODS SAKE!

I love how imersive are the sounds that comes from dualsense, but there is something that I haven't tested yet, which is connecting it to my headphones, I think it will miss some backgrounds sounds. It give an extra layer of depth and immersion just feeling the controller vibrations, something that that I was used playing on Swith and used to miss on my PS4 

Overall it's by far their best controller, perfectly comfortable, ergonomic and responsive, like an Xbox controller just better 

I'm download Horizon now only to see the graphics as I have no time to play videogames for the next 4 months (I've started my master degree's classes this week, and I'm playing only on weekends). Besides of this and Demon's Soul I have to play:

- GOT Directors Cut (bought it and never removed it from boxes) 

- FF 7 remake intergade (currently downloading PS5 version, I might play the whole game again before the DLC)

- Resident Evil Village (again, never went out of the box)

- Crash 4

I also got Yakuza and A Plague Tale upgrades, but they are secondary in my priority list. I also want to test PS5 version of RE 2 to see the impact of Ray Tracing on graphics)

Plus a couple of PS4 games that I need to beat (Nier Replicant, Nier Automata, Persona 5 strikers, The Last Guardian)

So I appreciate your recommendations, but I have no plans to buy any game for at least 6 months

Bristow9091 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I mean, there's no "must", since all those classes do are determine your starting stats and gear, you could pick Wanderer or Temple Knight and still play through the game with a magic build, after a couple of hours those starting stats mean nothing and you could have two classes with identical stats and gear by that time lol.

That being said, Royalty is easily the best starting class, especially if you go to 4-1 and pick up the Crescent Falchion asap, it basically turns the game into easy mode lol

I like to play exactly like the starters classes is designed, seems the canonical way to me

I beat the 1-2 with my Wanderer and started 2-1. It has been a breeze to kill anything in front of me with a typical dexterity build.

My Royalty character is struggling to pass trough the dragons fire in 1-2 because his healthy bar is short and I didn't upgrade it enough, I will need some grinding with him and 2-1 seems to provide awfully small number of souls. I will check 4-1 as you advised 

I'm not liking the Temple Knight build. His miracle is not dependable as his MP bar is low and unlike my Royalty he has not MP regen ring. Besides, seems like healing herbs are common in this game like they are in Bloodborne, do I'm seeing no real benefits, it's essentially a bulk and slow knight. I will try the the vanilla Knight for a strength build (my favorite in DS3)