By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

DonFerrari said:
SegaHeart said:

Yes, wonderboy collection!

How evil from them =p how many exclusives will MS account this one as?

Never played wonder boy, is it worth a try?

Yes. ^^

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

Great to see confirmation that Final Fantasy 16 and SpiderMan 2 are PS5 exclusive.

FF16 is exclusive for 6 months I think.

Spider-Man 2 being exclusive on PS5 is a no brainer since Sony is the publisher and one of its devs are making it.

PlayStation in 2023: Highlights – PlayStation.Blog

Looking over this small highlights package for 2023, I feel like Sony aren't going to be making any major announcements next year for release in 2023.

Hardware:

PSVR 2, Dualsense Pro. Rumours of an external PS5 disc drive, and the possibility (albeit slim) of a slim PS5. 

Software: 

Spiderman 2, Convallaria, and Stellar Blade are all announced for 2023. A new MLB is obviously coming and I think we can all expect Helldivers 2 as well. I fully expect Directors Cut releases for TLoU2 and Horizon ZD (and not a remake like the rumour suggests), and another smaller live service title (Twisted Metal?) to release. 

And of course, this doesn't even take into account that Forspoken, FF16 and GBF Relink are all PS exclusive next year (including some indies), and that Sony has marketing for big titles such as Hogwarts and RE4 (and I suspect anything Silent Hill related). 

I'm not really sure Sony needs to push out anything else for 2023 (as much as I would want them too). The 3 big outstanding potentials for 2023 are Death Stranding 2 and the exclusive Silent Hill 2 Remake (because I don't think either needs a long announcement to release timeline) and Factions (which ideally would be ready this year). if either of these 3 make 2023 then that's just a bonus. If all 3 do then 100% Sony won't announce anything else for 2023 imho.

Not sure what you guys think, but I feel there's enough hardware/ software related releases to tide Sony over to 2024 (but hopefully they have more stuff for 2023 nonetheless)

BasilZero said:
PotentHerbs said:

Great to see confirmation that Final Fantasy 16 and SpiderMan 2 are PS5 exclusive.

FF16 is exclusive for 6 months I think.

Spider-Man 2 being exclusive on PS5 is a no brainer since Sony is the publisher and one of its devs are making it.

I think Sony had said something about GoW:R being the last crossgen title, and the HFW DLC being PS5 exclusive is pretty much indication of that.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Guerrilla is growing hard.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Guerrilla is growing hard.

DLC, VR and GAAS (which ties with Sony strategy of 10+ GAAS until 2025 or something like that).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

zero129 said:

Indeed they are console exclusive was the any reason for you to think otherwise even more so with spiderman 2?.. Both will go to PC at some point and thats when ill buy both when they are on sale .

I was referring to current generation architecture. Anyways, have fun waiting for the PC release lol. 

PotentHerbs said:
zero129 said:

Indeed they are console exclusive was the any reason for you to think otherwise even more so with spiderman 2?.. Both will go to PC at some point and thats when ill buy both when they are on sale .

I was referring to current generation architecture. Anyways, have fun waiting for the PC release lol. 

Wont be like its long lol .

DonFerrari said:

I think Sony had said something about GoW:R being the last crossgen title, and the HFW DLC being PS5 exclusive is pretty much indication of that.

Oooh right, exclusive like actual hardware platform - I was thinking ecosystem wise.

BasilZero said:
DonFerrari said:

Oooh right, exclusive like actual hardware platform - I was thinking ecosystem wise.

yeah, took me a second to realize what he was saying at first. 

But I'm also pretty sure FFXVI is coming to PC eventually, as is Spider-Man 2. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android