By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

the-pi-guy said:
twintail said:

This is exciting. I'm not sure if this means that they've moved on from VR (I hope not), but it's good to see studios continually being able to make the things they want to make.

The article mentions they have moved on from VR. 

Feeling a tad worried about PSVR2 support. 

Sure, but the title of that headline is not backed up by anything in the article or even the original interview that is being sourced. There's no real way of knowing if London Studios is no longer doing VR games because they didn't say so in the SIE blog interview.

That said, I'm not worried bout PSVR2 support myself. Only 2 of their 4 PS4 games were VR, one of which was a very experimental mini-game collection. While I'm sure we all expected them to follow through with more VR ventures, I don't think it's a major loss by any means. If Insomniac and FireSprite are both also not doing VR, then I think there would be cause for concern. 

But I also think it depends entirely on the hybrid approach that was rumoured to be what Sony were pursuing. If that works out, there'll be more VR compatible games on PS5 then there ever was on PS4.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
twintail said:

This is exciting. I'm not sure if this means that they've moved on from VR (I hope not), but it's good to see studios continually being able to make the things they want to make.

The article mentions they have moved on from VR. 

Feeling a tad worried about PSVR2 support. 

They probably mixed this game not being VR with they not doing VR game anymore.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Who is running PlayStation's website??? You go to the "PlayStation games on PC" tab and you see the Uncharted Collection and Sackboy are still listed as Coming Soon and provide options to "pre-purchase"

gtotheunit91 said:

Who is running PlayStation's website??? You go to the "PlayStation games on PC" tab and you see the Uncharted Collection and Sackboy are still listed as Coming Soon and provide options to "pre-purchase"

a ps fanboy that pretends these games will never launch on pc

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Get Sonic Origins on PSN, It's 26.99$ offer ends in 2 days

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-PPSA05324_00-SONICORIGINSDX00

Around the Network

Parkour looks very cool. I wonder how hard Sony pushes this closer to launch, especially with FF16 coming in the same year (and maybe FF7R-2).

But their partnership with SE is working for them I feel. 

Last edited by twintail - on 30 October 2022

twintail said:

Parkour looks very cool. I wonder how hard Sony pushes this closer to launch, especially with FF16 coming in the same year (and maybe FF7R-2).

But their partnership with SE is working for them I feel. 

It reminds me of a blend of Final Fantasy world and aesthetic with Spider-Man's traversal system. I approve of all of the above. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

So I just finished The Witch's House MV (on Steam, but it was recently ported to Playstation) and now I'm in shambles. It's a unique short experience (2 hours~) but I don't know if I'd recommend it.

I didn't realize it was a Japanese game until I got the true ending and thought "This has got to be Japanese... for all the good, bad, and fucked up reasons" lol.

Just finished Stray (The kitty game) and I don't know what to think. If I was just playing it and enjoying it on its own I might have liked it more. Sadly I was going for the trophies and...that ruined it for me.

When a trophy guide says there are no missable trophies due to 'level select' or 'chapter select', they might as well be saying every trophy is missable. Because if I'm playing a level, and then it locks me out of an area thus forcing me to replay it, it's missable. It's easier to go back and try again if there's level select, but it's still missable. Like 2/3 of the trophies and collectibles fall under this category. I don't like that and had to strictly follow a guide so I didn't end up having to cycle through every level twice - once for the experience and one for the collectibles.

And there was a speedrun trophy. Those should be outright banned. a 2-hour speedrun resulted in 4-5 hours of stress for me because I had to: 1 - watch the 1.5+-hour stream of it so I knew what I was doing and where I was going. 2 - Had to emulate those 1.5+ Hours on my own play through. and 3 - another 1-2 hours on save scumming in case I fucked up and lost time to death or getting lost.

So if at the end of a 20-minute chapter I messed something up and lost precious minutes to a literal hoard of enemies you can't kill....better re-load the save from the cloud!

Speedrunning is impressive. I absolutely loathe it. but my OCPD and NEED to fill in blanks and clear things has meant that missing one trophy just wouldn't do. couldn't have that, so I HAD to do it.

Good game though. I just wish the collectibles were a bit easier to find/collect and I wish it didn't have a speedrun trophy. I only ever did one speedrun trophy before (Kaze and the Wild masks) and I actually really liked that one which was why I thought I'd give this one a shot. yeah, never again. I kinda wish trophies didn't exist. I miss the days where I could define my own completion criteria and move on when I was satisfied, not when the game told me I did all my chores.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

Just finished Stray (The kitty game) and I don't know what to think. If I was just playing it and enjoying it on its own I might have liked it more. Sadly I was going for the trophies and...that ruined it for me.

When a trophy guide says there are no missable trophies due to 'level select' or 'chapter select', they might as well be saying every trophy is missable. Because if I'm playing a level, and then it locks me out of an area thus forcing me to replay it, it's missable. It's easier to go back and try again if there's level select, but it's still missable. Like 2/3 of the trophies and collectibles fall under this category. I don't like that and had to strictly follow a guide so I didn't end up having to cycle through every level twice - once for the experience and one for the collectibles.

And there was a speedrun trophy. Those should be outright banned. a 2-hour speedrun resulted in 4-5 hours of stress for me because I had to: 1 - watch the 1.5+-hour stream of it so I knew what I was doing and where I was going. 2 - Had to emulate those 1.5+ Hours on my own play through. and 3 - another 1-2 hours on save scumming in case I fucked up and lost time to death or getting lost.

So if at the end of a 20-minute chapter I messed something up and lost precious minutes to a literal hoard of enemies you can't kill....better re-load the save from the cloud!

Speedrunning is impressive. I absolutely loathe it. but my OCPD and NEED to fill in blanks and clear things has meant that missing one trophy just wouldn't do. couldn't have that, so I HAD to do it.

Good game though. I just wish the collectibles were a bit easier to find/collect and I wish it didn't have a speedrun trophy. I only ever did one speedrun trophy before (Kaze and the Wild masks) and I actually really liked that one which was why I thought I'd give this one a shot. yeah, never again. I kinda wish trophies didn't exist. I miss the days where I could define my own completion criteria and move on when I was satisfied, not when the game told me I did all my chores.

Just started this the other night. On Chapter 4 atm.

As for the speed run trophy, why not just do it chapter by chapter over the period of like a week? That's what I'm going to do.