By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

BasilZero said:

I'm loving Ratchet Deadlocked.

5 hours in and I think I'm almost done with the game considering there's only two more planets and two tournaments left.

I dont like the platforming aspect of the series so the focus on shooting and just pure fighting is great.

Enjoying it much better than the other three PS2 games and moreso than the PSP games I played.

Underrated gem right there. Then again, even the worst/least fun Ratchet & Clank games are better than most games out there. I remember way back when Up Your Arsenal came out in 2004, it very briefly had higher review scores than Halo 2! And nowadays, the smaller games like the game based on the movie based on the game (in 2016) is an absolute blast and I feel it absolutely deserves its place on the PS+ collection. Even All 4 One is actually a tonne of fun, even if it's probably the weakest game in the franchise. 

Can't go wrong with Insomniac/Ratchet! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

I finished it.

The PSP games and the first game were rough.

But ya I enjoyed Deadlocked.

I started on Future Tools of Destruction last night after I beat Deadlocked - wow talk about day and night in terms of changes lmao.

In terms of scoring between all the games I played so far in the series...

Ratchet and Clank HD (PS3): 78
Ratchet and Clank 2 Going Commando HD (PS3): 86
Ratchet and Clank 3 Up Your Arsenal HD (PS3): 90
Ratchet Deadlocked (PS3): 85
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PSP): 70
Ratchet and Clank All 4 One (PS3): 83
Secret Agent Clank (PSP): 78

I don't disagree that the first one and Size Matters were probably the weakest of the mainline/basic games (you know, simple traditional games.) The first one was more of a platformer and hadn't really found itself or the shooting mechanics just yet, so I totally get that. Size Matters was hampered by its placement on the PSP. No second analog and only two shoulder buttons. 

For me, though, I can't think of a single game I put below a 9/10 other than All 4 One and Size Matters, which were still like 8.5 or something. The sheer fun factor of the R&C games makes up for any setbacks in terms of value or refinement. 

Ratchet & Clank - 9.2

Going Commando - 9.5

Up Your Arsenal - 9.6

Deadlocked - 9.0

Tools of Destruction - 9.4

A Crack in Time - 9.6

2016 Remake - 9.4

Rift Apart - 9.6

Size Matters - 8.5

All 4 One - 8.6

Quest for Booty - 9.2

Full Frontal Assault - 9.0

Into the Nexus - 9.3

I REALLY like this game series. There's a reason it's just outside my top 10 list. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Was looking to see if used PS5s were available. Mercari seems to have some at reasonable prices, but looks kind of sketchy. Was looking through listings till I came to this one...

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m71896001704/?gclsrc=aw.ds&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=17230940812&utm_content=t0&adgroup=136569877563&network=g&device=c&merchant_id=126358573&product_id=m71896001704&product_id=826422589622&gclid=CjwKCAjwtcCVBhA0EiwAT1fY734yge7zICibNpFWEfEQx6nKwFAtdpLZvaNW7iVjnSzV3KUqdVoM8xoCOz8QAvD_BwE

The name here is Marcus Andrews, while the account name is Aaron Holt. The date posted is 6/03 but the paper says 5/28 XD. If people on this site don't even feel the need to hide their sketchiness, I think I will not patronize them.

JWeinCom said:

Was looking to see if used PS5s were available. Mercari seems to have some at reasonable prices, but looks kind of sketchy. Was looking through listings till I came to this one...

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m71896001704/?gclsrc=aw.ds&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=17230940812&utm_content=t0&adgroup=136569877563&network=g&device=c&merchant_id=126358573&product_id=m71896001704&product_id=826422589622&gclid=CjwKCAjwtcCVBhA0EiwAT1fY734yge7zICibNpFWEfEQx6nKwFAtdpLZvaNW7iVjnSzV3KUqdVoM8xoCOz8QAvD_BwE

The name here is Marcus Andrews, while the account name is Aaron Holt. The date posted is 6/03 but the paper says 5/28 XD. If people on this site don't even feel the need to hide their sketchiness, I think I will not patronize them.

Dunno if it is available in your country (it wasn't here), but in some places you can register your e-mail with Sony and wait on their list to be called to buy (some users in VGC were able to buy this way). What is available and work fine in brazil is the waiting lists of the stores plus some whatsapp group that notify when inventory is available.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

BasilZero said:

Really liking Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction

But man, those early PS3 games lol

Still plays and looks great - only downside is no trophies :(

Literally the only reason I didn't go back to re-beat it leading up to Rift Apart. not that I didn't love it (I did), it just lacked the replay value of the others since I think it's the only game in the series that never got trophy support. the original trilogy and deadlocked all did with the rerelease and everything after that did as well. Might have to double check and see if Quest for Booty did too.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network

Sony showcase of new hardware announcements, next week on the 28th.

These will be new monitors, headsets and possibly a new Pro controller from Sony, with a new brand INZONE supposedly.

Last edited by hinch - on 22 June 2022

I know they make tv's and used to make pc's, but have they ever made pc monitors before?

TallSilhouette said:

I know they make tv's and used to make pc's, but have they ever made pc monitors before?

Maybe a bit before your time but they made a lot of CRT monitors back in the 90's.

They essentially stopped making consumer grade monitors when flat panels (or LCDs) took over. And the last monitor they released was a PlayStation branded 3DTV in 2012 https://www.eurogamer.net/df-hardware-playstation-3d-display-review

DonFerrari said:
JWeinCom said:

Dunno if it is available in your country (it wasn't here), but in some places you can register your e-mail with Sony and wait on their list to be called to buy (some users in VGC were able to buy this way). What is available and work fine in brazil is the waiting lists of the stores plus some whatsapp group that notify when inventory is available.

I registered through Sony and Bestbuy. Honestly, I don't really need it right now. I bought an XBox One Series X a month ago, and really haven't found it a worthwhile upgrade, and don't think the PS5 will be worth it yet. But, I'll want one eventually for FFVII RERERERE and Kingdom Hearts IV, plus I have disposable income atm, and tbh I've been feeling a little down, so if I could find one at a reasonable price, I'd impulse buy it. If I have to wait a year or so, not a big deal though. 

New PS Plus service live in UK and in Europe, it seems. Downloading GoT and Returnal...

Which one to play first? :P