By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

SegaHeart said:

It's a extremely bad Idea if I join a club nintendo or Xbox Empire because I'd boost them 20 fold, Which I don't want to do because it'll mean I'll go back to being shieldful which got Gamepass to explode and the rest of Microsoft to explode because I loved saying random things in that thread but since i've been less active in Xbox Empire and less active in Club Nintendo which boosted the love for Cruis'n blast and Pokemon snap etc. Switch keeps on trucking and excelling in sales without any slowdowns and Club Nintendo made me feel appreciative too much caressed me in a way I left Club Nintendo beating everybody including Steam Deck.

I'm happy you finally found your home here at Playstation.  Please don't venture out to those other places, this is the place to be.  Looking forward to the increase of thread activity.  Keep up the good work!

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

Droidknight aren't you from Xbox Empire? Don't you guys miss me from 10 posts per day in Xbox Empire? Kept on mentioning how to get the right people to bring Halo back to it's glory days, and Psychonauts 2 story being amazing since Tim Schafer is unlike many developers? His work in Grim Fandango was art at 94 Metacritic.

I'm the PlayStation Nation DroidKnight, the Xbox Empire Droidknight isn't welcome here.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

SegaHeart said:

K, I barely see you here anyway? TBH, I don't like that that Xbox series S is the way it is because there's more of those Series S while supply shortage continue to hamper PS5 Physical and Digital also Series X models, I want a series s equivalent to PS5 to so that it would stop Series systems from getting closer and PS5 going back to 2 to 1 like PS4 did to Xbox One , I still see Xbox Series S consoles in walmart and noone picks them up but it outsells Series X, a PS5 version of Series S would mostly almost be empty in all retails It's a better brand than Microsoft Xbox consoles I even want that.

I don't think Playstation needs to go chasing the market for a supply issue that will be over before they could bring a new product to market.  Their focus should still be on games first for the PS5 and VR2 and everything will fall into place.  I don't think Sony is at all worried about how many Xbox's are sold, that's just a fanboy's worry.  

SegaHeart said:

Theres a reason why Sony didn't pull the trigger to buy capcom when they were 150 million back then it would trigger Microsoft to buy activision sooner and EA and many western developers in 7th generation. then it be in 9th generation. There too big but didn't have the idea until 9th generation at Microsoft. Sony would of been stronger if they hadn't said somethig about replacing the computer I think that's what they said cant remember which triggered Microsoft to enter in console war in 6th generation? Someone correct me it was a SOny quote about replacing computers and better than Dreamcast? Which alot of Dreamcast games ran better than PS2. Dreamcast sometimes ran ports better than Xbox Original.

It's more about the position Sony was in more than a decade ago rather than what Microsoft would do. Sony went from the dominant player in electronics, to bleeding billions every year with piling debt and potential bankruptcy, to turning themselves around by focusing on their entertainment pillars, resulting in tripling their market cap since the launch of the PS4, with growing profit margins that helped them greatly reduce their debt. Capcom was never a feasible option for the version of Sony that dominated electronics, not just in company priorities, but also in terms of capital expenditure.

Current Sony is a different story. They're one of the biggest entertainment companies in the world, they're the market leader in image sensors, and have regained control of their insurance arm, while generating 8 - 10B in profit for a few years now, with potential growth vectors in mobile, PC, anime, and EV. A publisher acquisition is a lot more palatable with how the company is trending. The Sony that dominated electronics would've never entertained a massive acquisition of FOX, yet alone pull the trigger on billion dollar acquisitions like EMI publishing or Bungie. Financially, despite a bit of debt, Sony has never been in a stronger position. 

In a way, Sony got lucky that Microsoft didn't really start to open up the bank until the ninth generation. Just imagine if Microsoft acquired Zenimax at the start of the eighth generation when Sony was under massive restructuring and the PS4 was pivotal to the company's turnaround. 

Blood_Tears said:
Otter said:

Sony has never expressed an interested in buying publishers. Any massive takeover at this point is in response to Microsoft. Bungie (the biggest yet) is still just a single developer

After leaving the Activision contract in 2019, Bungie became it's own publisher for its games. 

self-publishing and being a major publisher are different stuff.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

@PotentHerbs Can you search Deviation studios and see which developers where key developers in the older Call of Duty games etc like the famous Modern Warfare 2? Would be great if there are a few programmers within the space that worked on Modern Warfare 1 and 2 including Black Ops?

Single player Story modes are a plus the writer, Director Level Design, Dialogue etc.

Unfortunately, I'm not the right person to ask for that sort of extensive research lol. I do know Jason Blundell, who was a former producer and game director at Treyarch, worked on Call of Duty Black Ops and Black Ops 2 as well as the zombies mode, is the founder of Deviation Games. 

I'm still shocked that Returnal won the best game at BAFTA Awards.

Well deserved Housemarque!!

twintail said:
kazuyamishima said:

I'm still shocked that Returnal won the best game at BAFTA Awards.

Well deserved Housemarque!!

This is selling Returnal/ Housemarque a bit short:

Best Game,

Audio Achievement,

Music,

Leading Role Performer.

And Ratchet pulling in for Best Animation.

Big winner at the BAFTA for sure, hope the addition to PSnow+ PS plus service will increase the player numbers and the interest in the company as a whole (they are already well known as an excellent studio).

SegaHeart said:

Whoever said anything of Sony getting a big AAA studio this week, you got me excited for no reason, I'll give it few hours till tommorow, I forgot who brought up rumors? I'm not giving up.

Are you talking about the rumors from Jeff Grubb and Greg Miller about Sony making a big acquisition? If true, I would expect Sony to announce it around the time their financial report comes out, similar to how they handled Bungie. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony make a play for Epic Games in the future.