By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Runa216 said:
hinch said:

Should really try more Souls like games (have Nioh 1+2 and BB) but get distracted by so many other games and lack the patience to endure lol.

Playing MK 11 Ultimate rn that I got recently for the PS5, in anticipation for the movie and loving it so far. Tbh not really played much MK games in a long time and only watched a few animated movies and series so I'm not up to date with the latest goings, and a lot has moved on a lot since (think it was maybe MK3). Though I'm really liking the story and single player aspect so far. The gameplay is also very satisfying as are the combos and the roster is pretty nice. not sure who to main yet xP But yeah fighting games have been lacking good SP content for a while and WB has done a great job here.

Situations like this actually sound like you need a coop partner. I know it's not a 'pure' way to enjoy the game, but I helped a couple friends through the games (Dark Souls III and Bloodborne), and they ended up loving it. solo? Hated it. coop? Loved it. 

Sometimes you just gotta find your own way to tackle the games. for some it's bashing your head against a wall 'til you see it start to chip away. for others, it involves jolly cooperation. both are equally valid, you just gotta play the game in a way that makes you happy! 

Yeah might give it another shot, been mainly playing on PC so haven't really looked into it. I'll probably research before starting each game and go the most OP class and spec, then cheese them lol.

Around the Network

Just looking back on some old stuff of mine and don't think I've ever really shared this before. Think it's the only thing I've ever actually uploaded to YT. Maybe that'll change soon.

So, I confess: I only just played Undertale for the first time this month. Uh. yeah that hurt my soul.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Bristow9091 said:
hinch said:

Yeah might give it another shot, been mainly playing on PC so haven't really looked into it. I'll probably research before starting each game and go the most OP class and spec, then cheese them lol.

How to become OP in each Dark Souls game - a TL;DR guide:

DS1 - Get a Black Knight weapon, preferably Halberd (Can kill the Black Knight for it within five minutes of starting the game)
DS2 - Get 20 INT and FTH, unlock Hexes, spam Dark Orb and Dark Hail (Takes a bit more time but magic is just super duper OP here)
DS3 - Get the Sellsword Twinblades, imbue with Sharp and pump up DEX (Can start with the weapons as Mercenary)

Just checked my library and have DS on Steam. Been collecting games on PC and not playing most of them lol.

Think its time.. thanks btw!

BraLoD said:
Runa216 said:

So, I confess: I only just played Undertale for the first time this month. Uh. yeah that hurt my soul.

In which way?

Undertale is pretty good, the soundtrack is amazing.

Fortunately I'm a nice girl and I don't kill anyone so I got the pacifist ending (not TRUE pacifist, but 0 EXP without befriending everyone), and that final stretch to the final boss just wrecked me and I don't know why. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Runa216 said:

Fortunately I'm a nice girl and I don't kill anyone so I got the pacifist ending (not TRUE pacifist, but 0 EXP without befriending everyone), and that final stretch to the final boss just wrecked me and I don't know why. 

I also try not to kill anyone because when I played it I already knew it would be real sad if I did.

But I ended up killing Toriel because I thought it was mandaroty after trying not to kill her for like 7 turns, lol, so I also didn't get true pacifist.

Will you try genocide? Sans fight looks pretty hard, never tried it tho, too sad to kill those virtual chars, lol.

I did that, too...but I hated it so much I started over with a guide to un-kill Toriel. It's sort of unfair that it tricks you; I was deliberately trying to get her down to 10-20% health before sparing her and it was just like 'ooops, killed her in one hit!'. NOT FAIR. Mean game. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

BraLoD said:

Why is GoW5 not winning the pool by a landslide, btw?
Only GotG contender announced up until now.

We have a lot of FF fans here. I'd be surprised it if was the most anticipated PS exclusive on VGC.

I'm was kinda in the middle.. For once we might actually have a decent mainline FF, which is what I'm excited for (no puns intended). On the other, GoW (2018) was outstanding and the next title will be too. I'm a fan of both..though slightly leaning towards GoW side myself as its one of my favorite series, and it falls in the 'consistently good' line of games. Its just release dates I'm sketchy about.

RIp PS4 communities

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Idd.. everything from FFXII onward was more miss than hit. I'd say the quality droped quite considerably from 9, since the merger with Enix. And I think the series lost a bit of its magic since Hironobu Sakaguchi left (or most likey fired) tbh. Maybe FFXVI will bring that back with a good old fashioned story, more mature setting and new gameplay. Mixed with the usual FF familiarity we're accustomed to - like its orchestral score, reoccurring characters etc.

Saying that, SE have made great strides lately on the FF side of things, this gen, starting with FFVIIR. And 16 is looking quite promising with the FFXIV director Hiroshi Takai at the helm it should be good.

But yeah Santa Monica Studios has been on fire and has been getting better and better. Outside of GoW: Ascension which was more of a filler piece the revamped GoW (4) absolutely smashed it. I still think we have more FF fans on here but like you said we've seen a trailer for 16 and not for GoW so that could also be a factor. I'm hyped for both though I'm not expecting them anytime soon lol. Hopefully they will show Ragnarok in July at E3 or Sony's own event.

An early prediction but I'm gonna say; GoW:Ragnarok will be a graphics powerhouse, and will look a gen above anything we've seen thus far.

Last edited by hinch - on 14 March 2021

PS5 and Switch in the UK are up considerably last month (Feb) on GamesIndustry.

"Over 200,000 games consoles were sold in the UK during February.

The latest data from GfK shows it was a bumper month for the console market, driven by an influx of new PS5 stock and a boost in Switch sales driven by the launch of the new Mario game: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury."

"It's been a bumper year already for console sales, with 373,426 devices sold so far this year (unweighted figures). Based on GfK's retail panel, console game sales are up 184.4% in units so far this year, and up a massive 310.4% in revenue. Of course, this is partially driven by the launch of the new Xbox and Playstation consoles, but Nintendo Switch is also enjoying a stronger start to the year. Nintendo Switch console sales are up 81% year-to-date. "

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-03-15-ps5-and-switch-sales-spike-in-february-uk-monthly-boxed-charts

There are murmurs of a considerable stock incoming to Amazon UK this month too. Get your trigger fingers ready if you're on the old blighty and haven't got one yet.