By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Bristow9091 said:

A Rift Apart is a sequel to Nexus (Into The Nexus), and NOT the reboot... right? If so then I REALLY need to catch up before I play it, lol. I've not played A Crack In Time or Nexus yet.. I don't even own the latter, and buying a copy may end up being expensive :o

Yes. For all intents and purposes the reboot is a self-contained side game. I really liked it and it was a lot of fun but you can avoid/ignore it if you're iun any way caring about continuity. 

I'd recommend, if you're looking to prepare yourself: Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, A Crack in Time, Into the Nexus. Two full games, two side games. The story there is pretty consistent and fun throughout with a lot of carrying-over story beats and characters. the original trilogy/deadlocked is kind of its own thing, the future series is its own thing, and everything else is side content. I HOPE this creates a new trilogy or series on PS5, because after seeing how fun A Crack in Time is/was...well hot damn. imagine how good looking and feeling Rift Apart will be! 

I personally liked Q-force/Full FRontal Assault as well as All 4 One and the PSP games (Size Matters/Secret Agent Clank), but you can skip all of them if you want. they're fun experiments (Co-op and tower defense, both fun, neither as good as the main games). 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

There was a new trailer for Tales of Arise with mostly recycled footage at the Tales festival

Dark Horse comics releasing God of War prequel comics on March 10th. Set between the third game and the 2018 release.

Should be interesting! Maybe we'll find out more about his second wife.

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/god-of-war-prequel-comic-fallen-god-arrives-this-march-2849200

Man, the Undertale Platinum trophy was an absolute joke.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Sony could definitely promote this better. Now over 70 PS4 games can be upgraded to the PS5 versionen for free (I've pm'ed the user to get a full list).

At least 20 Sony exclusives can be played in 60fps on PS5 (I know that Resogun, MLB and Journey can as well).

Also good to see the 120fps support.

Around the Network

I'm trying Ratchet & Clank but I'm annoyed I can't play in English without changing my console language for english first, why the hell this game uses mandatory console language?

Should really try more Souls like games (have Nioh 1+2 and BB) but get distracted by so many other games and lack the patience to endure lol.

Playing MK 11 Ultimate rn that I got recently for the PS5, in anticipation for the movie and loving it so far. Tbh not really played much MK games in a long time and only watched a few animated movies and series so I'm not up to date with the latest goings, and a lot has moved on a lot since (think it was maybe MK3). Though I'm really liking the story and single player aspect so far. The gameplay is also very satisfying as are the combos and the roster is pretty nice. not sure who to main yet xP But yeah fighting games have been lacking good SP content for a while and WB has done a great job here.

Last edited by hinch - on 13 March 2021

Bristow9091 said:

So I've been playing Dark Souls 3, and earlier on I finally made it to Irithyll... even took a screenshot of my character cheering lol. So far I'm still conflicted as to where I'd place the game amongst the other Soulsborne games though. I'm still absolutely having fun with it, but I've had a few silly deaths simply because the combat and movement don't really mix well with each other. We've got the faster combat (Enemies especially!) of Bloodborne, but the clunky movement and rolling of Souls, so some bosses and enemies can feel a little unfair at times.

That being said, I've been sticking with my build, which is basically using Sellsword Twinblades, with the Old Wolf Curved Sword on my back and the Pontiff Left Eye ring, so I'm hardly using estus flasks unless it's a boss, since both those items recover health on hit, and if they both proc at the same time, they sort of overlap and shit themselves and it gives you a full heal rather than just healing 30HP (Ring) or 120HP (Sword) and it's just so fucking ridiculous and broken but I love it! The best part? Since I'm dual wielding swords, each hit counts as two, meaning after just pressing L1 four times I'll have had both items proc, and if I time my hits right I'll be "rewarded" with a full heal, lol. The OWCS also increases your damage per hit after so many consecutive hits, so that's helping out too.

I'm just sad that, unless I want to dive into the DLC right now (Not really) I can't upgrade my weapons any higher, currently at +7, but with an AR of 302 on a DEX weapon that attacks as fast as these swords do, and enough stamina that I can do six L1's in a row with enough left over to roll out... yeeeaaah, I'm hitting like a fucking truck and I love it!

Here's the screenshot because why not, Irithyll is really pretty to look at from here, so far it's actually tied for my favourite vista, along with Yharnam.

PS. Yes I'm using the Black Leather armour... it doesn't look as nice on Dark Souls 3 as it does on the original, but in the first game it was always my go-to armour for keeping things light, so I decided to keep the tradition going because let's face it... armour means fuck all when you're not getting hit, lol.

It sounds to me like you might just not be using a good build. I have never felt that Dark Souls III was clunky or obtuse. Then again, I adapt pretty easily. I went from a nimble hoonter ninja in bloodborne to a tankyboi in Dark Souls so what do I know? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

hinch said:

Should really try more Souls like games (have Nioh 1+2 and BB) but get distracted by so many other games and lack the patience to endure lol.

Playing MK 11 Ultimate rn that I got recently for the PS5, in anticipation for the movie and loving it so far. Tbh not really played much MK games in a long time and only watched a few animated movies and series so I'm not up to date with the latest goings, and a lot has moved on a lot since (think it was maybe MK3). Though I'm really liking the story and single player aspect so far. The gameplay is also very satisfying as are the combos and the roster is pretty nice. not sure who to main yet xP But yeah fighting games have been lacking good SP content for a while and WB has done a great job here.

Situations like this actually sound like you need a coop partner. I know it's not a 'pure' way to enjoy the game, but I helped a couple friends through the games (Dark Souls III and Bloodborne), and they ended up loving it. solo? Hated it. coop? Loved it. 

Sometimes you just gotta find your own way to tackle the games. for some it's bashing your head against a wall 'til you see it start to chip away. for others, it involves jolly cooperation. both are equally valid, you just gotta play the game in a way that makes you happy! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Bristow9091 said:
Runa216 said:

It sounds to me like you might just not be using a good build. I have never felt that Dark Souls III was clunky or obtuse. Then again, I adapt pretty easily. I went from a nimble hoonter ninja in bloodborne to a tankyboi in Dark Souls so what do I know? 

I mean, I went with a DEX build to use faster weapons to help adapt to the faster gameplay, but I really miss the dodges of Bloodborne, the rolls just feel like going back to the stone ages lol :P I wouldn't say my build isn't good, it's actually a ridiculously OP PvP build, and that's what I aimed for from the start, but that would also work with PvE. I capped my VIT at 27, DEX at 40, and everything else in END so I've got a ton of stamina for combos and rolls.

Also just sayin', but I too went from a speedy boi hoonter to a slow and steady tank on Dark Souls Remastered, not necessarily a "tank" tank, but heavy armour and shield on my back (Grass Crest for stamina!) with a Black Knight Greatsword held in 2H, lol :P did completely fine with it too. Dark Souls 3 just feels like it's having a bit of an identity crisis... the attacks, enemy movement and attacks scream Bloodborne, whereas the player movement screams Souls... I think if they either slowed enemies down a bit, or allowed players to dodge Bloodborne style, it'd solve my only real issue with the game lol. Don't get me wrong though, other than that the game is actually amazing, lol :P 

How's your weight to strength ratio? Gotta keep it under 70% (As I'm sure you know since you played Dark Souls 1). I had a hard time keeping it balanced but once I did I found it ALMOST as clean as Bloodborne. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX