By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

hinch said:

PS Plus version not getting the free upgrade. Nor FF7R disc owners on PS4 > PS5 Digital Edition (for obvious reasons).

Still, huge game for Plus!

I fail to see the problem either way. I mean, I just don't get the entitlement. this 'free upgrade' thing is amazing and I love it for so many games we have, but Sony/Microsoft don't HAVE to do that. They do it because they want that sweet, sweet brand loyalty. In reality, any other generation this would be pretty uncommon or unheard of. I mean, I don't recall getting free PS3 versions of games I got on PS2. 

I understand the 'you gotta chose between a free PS4 version of FFVII Remake' and 'You get a free upgrade to PS5 if you paid for it'. I just...I don't see the issue here. it would be pretty damn absurd to give the game away for free AND give everyone free upgrade copies on the new hardware. It is a little crap to not allow disc-users to have the free upgrade like it works on all other games, but again it's one of those things where we're not entitled to it, we SHOULD be happy we get the free upgrades on many things, not upset when we don't. 

It'd be like going to your favourite bakery and getting a free baguette every monday, wednesday, and friday due to some promotion. If the shop keeper decided that promotion wasn't worth it and decided to...stop doing it on Wednesday or something, then that's his choice. And no, multibillion dollar corporations vs home owned businesses shouldn't really make a difference in terms of entitlement. Just becuase Square Enix/Sony can AFFORD to give the handout doesn't mean they're obligated to do so. 

Overall, I do feel gamers as a whole have a weird sense of entitlement that you just don't see in other mediums, and I think that the culture as a collective needs to gain some perspective. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
hinch said:

PS Plus version not getting the free upgrade. Nor FF7R disc owners on PS4 > PS5 Digital Edition (for obvious reasons).

Still, huge game for Plus!

I fail to see the problem either way. I mean, I just don't get the entitlement. this 'free upgrade' thing is amazing and I love it for so many games we have, but Sony/Microsoft don't HAVE to do that. They do it because they want that sweet, sweet brand loyalty. In reality, any other generation this would be pretty uncommon or unheard of. I mean, I don't recall getting free PS3 versions of games I got on PS2. 

I understand the 'you gotta chose between a free PS4 version of FFVII Remake' and 'You get a free upgrade to PS5 if you paid for it'. I just...I don't see the issue here. it would be pretty damn absurd to give the game away for free AND give everyone free upgrade copies on the new hardware. It is a little crap to not allow disc-users to have the free upgrade like it works on all other games, but again it's one of those things where we're not entitled to it, we SHOULD be happy we get the free upgrades on many things, not upset when we don't. 

It'd be like going to your favourite bakery and getting a free baguette every monday, wednesday, and friday due to some promotion. If the shop keeper decided that promotion wasn't worth it and decided to...stop doing it on Wednesday or something, then that's his choice. And no, multibillion dollar corporations vs home owned businesses shouldn't really make a difference in terms of entitlement. Just becuase Square Enix/Sony can AFFORD to give the handout doesn't mean they're obligated to do so. 

Overall, I do feel gamers as a whole have a weird sense of entitlement that you just don't see in other mediums, and I think that the culture as a collective needs to gain some perspective. 

I has half expecting SE to full price the next gen version - this is SE remember. This is a long way from publishers charging gamers for upgrades. Remember the PS3 to PS4 upgraded ports..

I mean they could have pulled a Nintendo/Capcom and charged $60-70 again :P This way they support early adopters and entice others (who haven't played it) by giving the game away for 'free' with their subs. Win/win tbh.

Last edited by hinch - on 26 February 2021

FFVIIR - PS4 / PS5 comparison

Improved visuals great.. but those load times are impressive. 2 sec verses 42! :o

Bristow9091 said:

I see people have already posted the games so I won't do one of my announcement posts, but I will do a reaction post;

... Well fuck, March is an absolute banger of a month! Final Fantasy VII Remake for free?! I see people are complaining because it doesn't qualify for the free PS5 upgrade, but why should it? You got it for free, stop being entitled crybabies! As for the other games, I've always wanted to try Remnant: From The Ashes, keep hearing it's basically a Souls game with guns, which seems interesting enough, and the gameplay does look fun too, so yeah I'll give it a try somewhere down the line. Can't really comment on Farpoint since I've not got VR but I heard it was a decent game, and then we get a FOURTH game this month?! Sony what are you doing you absolute mad lads! Maquette looks really interesting too, definitely something to add to my library for when I get a PS5... I'm really liking how I'm building a PS5 library for free before I even have the console, lol.

So yeah... great fucking month to be honest. Still gonna' link to the PlayStation Blog for anyone interested;
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/26/playstation-plus-games-for-march-final-fantasy-vii-remake-maquette-remnant-from-the-ashes-and-farpoint/

I regularly watch a dude on Youtube called Demodcracy and he actually really liked Remnant: From the Ashes. I personally dislike procedurally generated games (Aside from Minecraft and Terraria), but on his recommendation I'd be happy to give it a shot! 

Also, I agee with you about FFVII Remake. I...am a total schill and already own it both physically and digitally so I win every way, but still! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Okay, is it just me or do you NOT have to pay for the Yuffie expansion? I went to preorder the Intergrade expansion, but it says I already own it. I can't find the DLC expansion or anything, just the ability to buy the Ps5 version - which it ALSO says I already have. Not that I'm complaining (it appears the Intergrade expansion comes with the Ps5 version)

Anyone have any input on this? I'm very excited either way.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

Okay, is it just me or do you NOT have to pay for the Yuffie expansion? I went to preorder the Intergrade expansion, but it says I already own it. I can't find the DLC expansion or anything, just the ability to buy the Ps5 version - which it ALSO says I already have. Not that I'm complaining (it appears the Intergrade expansion comes with the Ps5 version)

In the announcement video, it said that we will get the option to buy it after upgrading to the PS5 version.

There will probably be an in-game link to the store. But they haven’t mentioned anything about how much it will cost.

Hynad said:
Runa216 said:

In the announcement video, it said that we will get the option to buy it after upgrading to the PS5 version.

There will probably be an in-game link to the store. But they haven’t mentioned anything about how much it will cost.

Yeah I remember that but right after the announcement I got an email saying I could preorder it...

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

DF analysis of Guilty Gear Strive (beta). Runs native 4K / 60FPS on PS5.

Arc System Works outdone themselves again. The art looks absolutely gorgeous.. they say this is the best looking fighter ever and I'm inclined to agree. The animation and art even puts a lot of anime companies to shame. I don't know how they do it but their cel-shading tech is god tier.

That Yuffie episode looked...awful.

Worth looking into, if you're into fighters.. plays a little like MvC with fast pace and lots of outlandish abilities and combos. And is a lot of fun. Has a decent story mode too with anime like cliches and nonsense lol.

I love how they've nailed the 2D aesthetics. A lot of 2D fighters have failed to do (looking at you Street Fighter!). But yeah, 60FPS on all consoles is quite a feat and looks great on all 3 platforms. Even with PS4 on sub 1080P.

Reminds me, need to reinstall Xrd while I wait for this

Last edited by hinch - on 28 February 2021