By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Bristow9091 said:

Ni no Kuni 2 platinum is actually pretty easy, just a little time consuming... I've not got it myself yet but I'm really close. As for the first one I can't really say, since I wasn't really going for trophies while playing it anyway, lol

Right now I'm stuck deciding what game I want to play next... thinking either Shadow of War or Assassin's Creed Odyssey, but also thinking about Dragon Quest XI too. Problem is I'm gonna' feel bad leaving Tales of Vesperia unfinished, started it in September and I've not even finished the first act yet (Game has three acts) because I just got so bored of it, lol. People keep telling me it gets better, but still... I don't know!

That's almost certainly the best way to play it, because the other route is of a kind that makes the player ask what the f*** they're doing. That's kind of how it hit me anyway. I suppose there are other ways to go about the trophy grind, like spreading it out over time while tackling other games, but even then, it's a good example of a bad grind attached to trophies. Not knocking the game in general though. Good stuff.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Bristow9091 said:

Ni no Kuni 2 platinum is actually pretty easy, just a little time consuming... I've not got it myself yet but I'm really close. As for the first one I can't really say, since I wasn't really going for trophies while playing it anyway, lol

Right now I'm stuck deciding what game I want to play next... thinking either Shadow of War or Assassin's Creed Odyssey, but also thinking about Dragon Quest XI too. Problem is I'm gonna' feel bad leaving Tales of Vesperia unfinished, started it in September and I've not even finished the first act yet (Game has three acts) because I just got so bored of it, lol. People keep telling me it gets better, but still... I don't know!

That's almost certainly the best way to play it, because the other route is of a kind that makes the player ask what the f*** they're doing. That's kind of how it hit me anyway. I suppose there are other ways to go about the trophy grind, like spreading it out over time while tackling other games, but even then, it's a good example of a bad grind attached to trophies. Not knocking the game in general though. Good stuff.

yeah, there are some games where going for trophies kinda ruins it, but other games like Spider-Man really encourages you to just...you know, play the game and have fun. like 90% of the trophies come naturally. 

I hear Ghost of Tsushima is like that, too. Just play the game and you'll get everything. I am noticing a pattern with PS exclusives, though. Base game is super easy to get 100% with no difficulty settings, but then DLC comes out, free updates come out with new trophies, and NG+ comes out with new trophies, so now it's actually pretty hard to get 100%. I'm okay with it, I just hope beyond all hope I don't gotta do Ghost of Tsushima 3 times like I did with Spider-Man.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

So I recently binged played through Spiderman and DLC's, and what an absolute screamer of a game. I can't believe I stopped playing after picking it up! I like how they adapted the story so its not a carbon copy of the MCU or the comics. Great stuff. Also gimme more Black Cat dlc's or have more of her in the sequel Insomniac lol.

Now moved onto Miles Morales and at the beginning. Mighty impressive already and looks great. Especially with silky smooth 60FPS and raystracing.. They need to add 60fps as an option for every console game imo. Night and day difference vs 30fps!

Okay so this is news to me there's going to be a TLOU show from HBO.

They've recently starting casting, and Oberyn /Mando is going to be playing as Joel. Good choice!

https://deadline.com/2021/02/pedro-pascal-star-joel-the-last-of-us-hbo-series-video-game-playstation-1234691935/

hinch said:

Okay so this is news to me there's going to be a TLOU show from HBO.

They've recently starting casting, and Oberyn /Mando is going to be playing as Joel. Good choice!

https://deadline.com/2021/02/pedro-pascal-star-joel-the-last-of-us-hbo-series-video-game-playstation-1234691935/

The adaptation is kinda old news at this point, but the casting certainly isn't. I was picturing someone like Josh Brolin or Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (or even Troy Baker himself), but Pedro could be good, too. Wonder who they'll end up casting as Ellie. I know there was some buzz about Kaitlyn Dever.

EDIT: Nvm

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 11 February 2021

Around the Network

Ugh, Spider-Man is doing it to me again! Miles Morales has a trophy called 'Trapped' that requires 50 enemies defeatedwith the remote mines. I got 61 defeated, no trophy.

Alas it's coming up on 4 AM and I really should sleep. Gnight!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

4 PS5 platinums down, 6 to go! I

Astro's Playroom
Demon's Souls
Spider-Man Remastered
Spider-Man Miles Morales

All conquered. Still have to do:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Will do after I finish Origins and Odyssey)
Borderlands 3 (Can get this after my sister gets her controller so we can 3-player it)
Cyber Shadow (Likely lack the skills to get platinum on this one)
Nioh (Gotta be in a mood, but this might be next on my list)
Nioh 2 (Gotta do Nioh first)
Overcooked: all you can Eat (Same as Borderlands, gotta wait for that third controller)

This leaves me with options for what game to play next. I WAS going to do Ratchet: Deadlocked and Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time on my Ps3, but for some reason my PS3 isn't recognizing my PSN login details (which I know are correct because I tested the same credentials on PS4, PS5, PC, and Android and it worked everywhere else), so it'd be a waste to do the platinum work if it won't link to my PSN account.

I want to do Final Fantasy VII Remake but with rumours of a PS5 version I kinda feel like waiing. Same with Ghost of Tsushima. There are smaller indie games, as well as some classics like Jak & Daxter, but I don't know what I wanna do.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Finally got my PS5!

Last edited by Hynad - on 12 February 2021

Hynad said:

Finally got my PS5!

I don't know why but this image makes me VERY happy. It looks like the perfect setup to me. PS4, PS5, Switch, VR, Computer, and what looks to be an arcade stick. I'm not JEALOUS (As my current setup has a perfect blend of my personal consoles and setup so I don't need/want a change), but hoo boy I'm impressed and happy for you. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
Hynad said:

Finally got my PS5!

I don't know why but this image makes me VERY happy. It looks like the perfect setup to me. PS4, PS5, Switch, VR, Computer, and what looks to be an arcade stick. I'm not JEALOUS (As my current setup has a perfect blend of my personal consoles and setup so I don't need/want a change), but hoo boy I'm impressed and happy for you. 

Thanks. ?

It’s actually a temporary setup in my room because I am currently in the process of giving my living room a makeover, re-painting walls, restoring the hardwood floor, and concealing wires which goes hand in hand with setting up smart automation.

I am taking my sweet time to do all of this right. My meticulousness won’t allow for anything else. xD

Anyway, all that is missing from that setup is a XBox Series X. Which will be included in a few months. Then my setup will be perfect for my needs. ?

And yeah, that’s indeed an arcade stick. I grew up playing in the arcades during my high school years, and I had grown to miss the feel of it over the years. I got myself this Qanba Obsidian two or three years ago. And that thing is the genuine deal! Highly recommended for those serious about reliving the arcade feel. That, or either a Hori Fighting Edge or Real Arcade Pro stick.

Last edited by Hynad - on 13 February 2021