By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Replicant said:
COKTOE said:

I actually didn't check the app or the browser store.....Didn't even think to do so. I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER for the next time, because I have every reason to expect this to happen again. Regardless, it's BS that it's happening anywhere. I used to claim on mobile often, because it would pop in my head to do so late in the month when I was, say, shopping for new socks. I've really gotten in the habit of using the store on the console the last few years though.

Screw me, you're right! As promised, I claimed this month's PS+ games on PS4 and while it was possible to simply add GreedFall to library, I had to start a download in order to claim Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I wonder if it comes down to specific publishers being assholes (Square Enix in this case and Activision in June and August) but no matter what the reason is, I agree with you that it's dumb. Use the store in the app or browser (or on PS5 when/if you get that) instead as you'll always just be able to add to library there.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider on PS4 (can only be claimed by downloading).

Greedfall on PS4 (can be claimed without downloading – "Tilføj til bibliotek" means add to library).

Maneater (and all other games so far) can be claimed without downloading in the store in browser and app.

Regarding the issue where you have to write your password each time you want to claim a game, you just need to disable that feature.

And if you have children or anyone that use the console better to keep it active to prevent unwanted purchases.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

And if you have children or anyone that use the console better to keep it active to prevent unwanted purchases.

Exactly but then it's your own choice and you shouldn't really be confused as to why it requires password at checkout.

Coktoe mentioned that it was a hassle to write the password each time he wanted to claim a game. Simply disable it then.

Replicant said:
DonFerrari said:

Exactly but then it's your own choice and you shouldn't really be confused as to why it requires password at checkout.

Coktoe mentioned that it was a hassle to write the password each time he wanted to claim a game. Simply disable it then.

I didn't had it nor 2 step verification, until my son using PSVita bought couple games because he was to young to understand the difference between free, download and purchase. He was used with iPad where he would just download whatever since we never put credit card info there so if the content was paid he wouldn't be able to go ahead.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Replicant said:
COKTOE said:

I actually didn't check the app or the browser store.....Didn't even think to do so. I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER for the next time, because I have every reason to expect this to happen again. Regardless, it's BS that it's happening anywhere. I used to claim on mobile often, because it would pop in my head to do so late in the month when I was, say, shopping for new socks. I've really gotten in the habit of using the store on the console the last few years though.

Screw me, you're right! As promised, I claimed this month's PS+ games on PS4 and while it was possible to simply add GreedFall to library, I had to start a download in order to claim Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I wonder if it comes down to specific publishers being assholes (Square Enix in this case and Activision in June and August) but no matter what the reason is, I agree with you that it's dumb. Use the store in the app or browser (or on PS5 when/if you get that) instead as you'll always just be able to add to library there.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider on PS4 (can only be claimed by downloading).

GreedFall on PS4 (can be claimed without downloading – "Tilføj til bibliotek" means add to library).

Maneater (and all other games so far) can be claimed without downloading in the store in browser and app.

Regarding the issue where you have to write your password each time you want to claim a game, you just need to disable that feature.

Thank you for the tip. And yes, this issue, this dumb, dumb, DUMB issue is confined to the big publishers (EA, Activision, Ubisoft, SE), but Sony is complicit in bending the knee to their skittering overlords and allowing it. I'm GUESSING it's part of a GIVE MONEY NOW! initiative, and is being done so that people will ENGAGE in these games sooner, and thus be more likely to buy the DLC's and season passes in the games they are ENGAGING in, allowing these companies to please their gargoyle shareholders.

What a surprise that the loyal, paying customer would have a service intentionally made objectively worse. Especially in an age of such indoctrinated consumerism, where so many just roll over and continue to eat the slop they're fed and be happy to get it.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go play Shadow Of War, which I got on Playstation Plus in November. S'great.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Thank you for the tip. And yes, this issue, this dumb, dumb, DUMB issue is confined to the big publishers (EA, Activision, Ubisoft, SE), but Sony is complicit in bending the knee to their skittering overlords and allowing it. I'm GUESSING it's part of a GIVE MONEY NOW! initiative, and is being done so that people will ENGAGE in these games sooner, and thus be more likely to buy the DLC's and season passes in the games they are ENGAGING in, allowing these companies to please their gargoyle shareholders.

Bold: That's the reason. No doubt. Just really weird that it's only on PS4 and not on PS5, app, and browser.

COKTOE said:
I actually didn't check the app or the browser store.....Didn't even think to do so. I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER for the next time

So did you remember claiming through the app or browser this time?

Also, about password at checkout? You mentioned it was a hassle. Then disable it Cok!

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Replicant said:

I didn't had it nor 2 step verification, until my son using PSVita bought couple games because he was to young to understand the difference between free, download and purchase. He was used with iPad where he would just download whatever since we never put credit card info there so if the content was paid he wouldn't be able to go ahead.

Haha, were the games any good?

PSV continues to be a solid machine for stuff like Minecraft, Stardew Valley, Binding of Isaac, Spelunky, and Terraria. I prefer to play my Uncharteds, Killzones, Assassin's Creeds, and Wipeouts on the big screen so I haven't spent much time on its "AAA" titles.

Replicant said:
DonFerrari said:

Haha, were the games any good?

PSV continues to be a solid machine for stuff like Minecraft, Stardew Valley, Binding of Isaac, Spelunky, and Terraria. I prefer to play my Uncharteds, Killzones, Assassin's Creeds, and Wipeouts on the big screen so I haven't spent much time on its "AAA" titles.

Don't remember, but I can tell you they weren't to my taste to I miraculously got an reimbursement from Sony since by luck I think I got it before my son downloaded.

Hi,all. It's been a long while , since I posted on the site. I was lucky enough to get a ps5 disk system on Dec 30th.
If anyone wants too add me on ps5, animerealm is my psn is.
Hope everyone is doing good.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

Hi,all. It's been a long while , since I posted on the site. I was lucky enough to get a ps5 disk system on Dec 30th.
If anyone wants too add me on ps5, animerealm is my psn is.
Hope everyone is doing good.

One of Us! One of Us! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Replicant said:
COKTOE said:

Bold: That's the reason. No doubt. Just really weird that it's only on PS4 and not on PS5, app, and browser.

COKTOE said:
I actually didn't check the app or the browser store.....Didn't even think to do so. I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER for the next time

So did you remember claiming through the app or browser this time?

Also, about password at checkout? You mentioned it was a hassle. Then disable it Cok!

Yes, I saw in your post that the password thing could be disabled, which is why I lead with "Thanks for the tip". :)

Didn't claim on the console this month, I was on the app. Clicked "PS Plus" in the app, and it took me to the web store. Interestingly enough, I didn't have to disable the password, and claimed the games relatively hassle-free.

Just want to mention that on the web-store the way Shadow Of The Tomb Raider is presented is pathetic. While claiming, the top, screen-filling option is to purchase the game. Yes, YES, that's why I'm here. To buy Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. It's why I clicked came to the PS Plus section. It's actually why subbed to plus almost a decade ago. To buy Shadow Of The Tomb Raider today.

Scrolling down, the next option is to try the demo. That's awesome, because it's actually something I wanted as well, but not as much to buy a digital copy!

Finally, at the bottom of the page, represented with smaller graphical icons, is my option to claim the game on Plus.

This is being done to trick people into accidentally buying the game. Kids. Idiots. The careless. Whatever. And just to clarify, this method was only used for Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. I've mentioned this tactic being used is similar ways on the console storefront. Again, only by the big publishers.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."