By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

BraLoD said:
axumblade said:

Just got the Demons Souls remake for Christmas. So far it looks so good. Yet another solid remake from Bluepoint Games

Now LoD is next, Demon's Souls is just a demo for the actual masterpiece that is coming!

You beat The Last Guardian yet BraLoD?

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Zombie9ers said:

You beat The Last Guardian yet BraLoD?

I did, platined it some time ago.

Nice! How’d  you like the story/ending?

coolbeans said:
COKTOE said:

Had to look up Greedfall....OH! Thaaaat game! I considered buying it a couple times, but didn't pull the trigger. My hero Jim Sterling liked it. I think it looks good. SOLID month.

I liked it too, COKTOE!  I liked it too!

Good news coming from a man of discriminating taste.

I'll add this here too:

It looks as though Sony is giving refunds to PS5 owning Plus subscribers who purchased Maneater when it was discounted during a November sale.

https://twistedvoxel.com/sony-is-refunding-those-who-bought-maneater-recently-ahead-of-ps-plus-announcement/

It's not likely anyone here will be able to take advantage of this, but it's mildly interesting. This has happened to me a couple times over the years, where a game was purchased on PSN, and shortly thereafter made a Plus offering.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 31 December 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
coolbeans said:

I liked it too, COKTOE!  I liked it too!

I'll add this here too:

It looks as though Sony is giving refunds to PS5 owning Plus subscribers who purchased Maneater when it was discounted during a November sale.

https://twistedvoxel.com/sony-is-refunding-those-who-bought-maneater-recently-ahead-of-ps-plus-announcement/

It's not likely anyone here will be able to take advantage of this, but it's mildly interesting. This has happened to me a couple times over the years, where a game was purchased on PSN, and shortly thereafter made a Plus offering.

I wouldn't take this offer up tbh, if you think about it the sale price was so low that it got people to buy in, I would probably chose to keep the game permanently in my library just in case I ever unsubbed from psn+ then I wouldn't be able to play it (unless the title is MP only at which point it's about as useful as a chocolate fireguard without psn+)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
COKTOE said:

I'll add this here too:

I wouldn't take this offer up tbh, if you think about it the sale price was so low that it got people to buy in, I would probably chose to keep the game permanently in my library just in case I ever unsubbed from psn+ then I wouldn't be able to play it (unless the title is MP only at which point it's about as useful as a chocolate fireguard without psn+)

That's a good point. It might be a better fit or some people to hold onto their purchase. Since I am perpetually subbed to Plus, and will continue to be subbed until such time as I abandon Playstation completely, I would probably get the refund. Especially for a game like this, that for my money, looks like a "one-and-done" type game that I wouldn't return to upon completion.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Anybody have any thoughts on the casting in the Uncharted movie? I have, right off the hop, thought that Tom Holland was at best an OK choice, if the film is going for a younger Nathan, telling a story from his early years, all the way to a crap choice if he's supposed to be representing the Nathan Drake that appeared in any of the games, Nathan was 31 in the first Uncharted, around 33 in Uncharted 2, 35 in Uncharted 3, and 38 in Uncharted 4. Tom Holland looks like kid....He's 24, but could pass for 18, no problem. His face has no "seasoning". He looks like he couldn't grow a beard/stubble if the fate of the world depended on it, and he doesn't have the physique and stature of Nathan either.

I have no idea if any accurate information is even out there, but I have found vague stuff like "the movie's plot will draw inspiration from the game" all the way to " "The film will take inspiration from the fourth game in the series, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End." So it doesn't sound like 'The Adventures Of Young Nathan Drake" to me, which isn't what I really want anyway.

COKTOE said:

Anybody have any thoughts on the casting in the Uncharted movie? I have, right off the hop, thought that Tom Holland was at best an OK choice, if the film is going for a younger Nathan, telling a story from his early years, all the way to a crap choice if he's supposed to be representing the Nathan Drake that appeared in any of the games, Nathan was 31 in the first Uncharted, around 33 in Uncharted 2, 35 in Uncharted 3, and 38 in Uncharted 4. Tom Holland looks like kid....He's 24, but could pass for 18, no problem. His face has no "seasoning". He looks like he couldn't grow a beard/stubble if the fate of the world depended on it, and he doesn't have the physique and stature of Nathan either.

I have no idea if any accurate information is even out there, but I have found vague stuff like "the movie's plot will draw inspiration from the game" all the way to " "The film will take inspiration from the fourth game in the series, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End." So it doesn't sound like 'The Adventures Of Young Nathan Drake" to me, which isn't what I really want anyway.

From what I heard the film is supposed to chronicle Nate's early treasure hunting days before the events of the first game (though they probably exist in different universes and will mix and borrow where they feel like). If that's the case, I'm fine with Tom, though he definitely wasn't my first or even third choice. The best casting would have been a young Nathan Fillion but I think he's a bit old and out of shape to carry a potential adventure movie series at this point. If I had to cast a Drake today I would probably go with Ryan Reynolds; he's got both the action and comedy chops. We'll see how Holland turns out, though. Shouldn't be much longer before the first trailer.

BraLoD said:
Zombie9ers said:

Nice! How’d  you like the story/ending?

I liked the story and the ending too, quite a bit, but my favorite was definitely Trico and the boy relationship and how much Trico resembles some animals behaviour (specially cats, which I love to no end).

The controls are definitely, by far, the worst I ever had contact on a PS4 game, probably going back to the PS3 days too, they are simply awful and extremely irritating.

Sadly greatly affected my overall opinion about the game, specially having played it like 4 times in a row to platinum it.

Oh, I liked some of the "puzzles" too, tho.

I hated the controls as well until I really clicked with the game then the controls became somewhat natural to me.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:

I hated the controls as well until I really clicked with the game then the controls became somewhat natural to me.

You learn to deal with them but they are definitely very bad.

I know they like to make controls to feel somewhat heavy and for you to feel like doing the stuff you are doing is not easy at all for a human, but for even you to start running from enemies, or make normal turns while running, or for the game to detect you want to jump back instead of up, or for it to stop grabbing places where you can't climb Trick properly even as you definitely should be able to... it's honestly just bad design.

Could very well be the case, from memory I can't say if it was bad but I got used or if it was just different. For me for example the combat system and inputs used on Souls like are very bad (I do hate the stamina count and the gameplay around it), but others will say it is unique system =p but are they used to it so they don't notice or is the system really good but I'm the one that can't get used to it?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

COKTOE said:
Replicant said:

Those assholes. They need to fix that. Will try to remember claiming January's games on PS4 to see if I have a similar problem.

And it's the same for you no matter where you try to claim them? I'm able to simply press "Add to Library" on both PS5, browser based ps store, and ps store in the new app.

I actually didn't check the app or the browser store.....Didn't even think to do so. I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER for the next time, because I have every reason to expect this to happen again. Regardless, it's BS that it's happening anywhere. I used to claim on mobile often, because it would pop in my head to do so late in the month when I was, say, shopping for new socks. I've really gotten in the habit of using the store on the console the last few years though.

Screw me, you're right! As promised, I claimed this month's PS+ games on PS4 and while it was possible to simply add GreedFall to library, I had to start a download in order to claim Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I wonder if it comes down to specific publishers being assholes (Square Enix in this case and Activision in June and August) but no matter what the reason is, I agree with you that it's dumb. Use the store in the app or browser (or on PS5 when/if you get that) instead as you'll always just be able to add to library there.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider on PS4 (can only be claimed by downloading).

GreedFall on PS4 (can be claimed without downloading – "Tilføj til bibliotek" means add to library).

Maneater (and all other games so far) can be claimed without downloading in the store in browser and app.

Regarding the issue where you have to write your password each time you want to claim a game, you just need to disable that feature.

Last edited by Replicant - on 05 January 2021