By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

zealen said:
Runa216 said:

Man, my PS5 is getting so, SO much use lately! I played Demon's Souls, my brother and Roommate are playing Red Dead and Spider-Man Remastered, we use it for streaming DisneyPlus and the like, etc. Lots of fun.

Same! I already finshed and plat Astro Bot and Spider Man Miles Morales, finished Demons Souls and I'm around 40 hours on AC Valhalla. Been thinking about getting Godfall on this sale, but I'm probably waiting a little...anyway, beast console, loving it!

Thinking the same. I'm really interested in Godfall for my gaming fast-food.

Around the Network

Last edited by Zombie9ers - on 26 December 2020

Zombie9ers said:

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I need a new State of Play for the next month

zealen said:
Runa216 said:

Man, my PS5 is getting so, SO much use lately! I played Demon's Souls, my brother and Roommate are playing Red Dead and Spider-Man Remastered, we use it for streaming DisneyPlus and the like, etc. Lots of fun.

Same! I already finshed and plat Astro Bot and Spider Man Miles Morales, finished Demons Souls and I'm around 40 hours on AC Valhalla. Been thinking about getting Godfall on this sale, but I'm probably waiting a little...anyway, beast console, loving it!

is Valhalla any good? I heard good things of it and Odyssey...but like...honestly I sorta drifted away from Assassin's Creed after Black Flag. I did play Syndicate and liked it, and I played a bit of Origins but honestly found it tedious. I'm willing to give it another shot, though, especially with how much love Odyssey got.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Who here has played Assassin's Creed: Valhalla? I just got it as a late Christmas present and I'm curious to see how it is on PS5. I loved the franchise up to 4 (Black Flag is still the best pirate game I've ever played), hated Unity, thought Syndicate was fine but nothing special, then sorta gave up when Origins came out. Liked that game but found it very confusing (The change from 'traditional' Assassin's Creed to the more RPG style was jarring).

I hear Odyssey and Valhalla are actually both pretty goddamn good, but after failing to finish Origins I never got into them. However, both were cheap on Amazon so I was able to get both Odyssey and Valhalla for like 50 bucks CAD total. any advice going into these games? Especially now that Odyssey has most of the glitches and performance issues cleaned up?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

axumblade said:

Just got the Demons Souls remake for Christmas. So far it looks so good. Yet another solid remake from Bluepoint Games

Might actually be their best work in terms of polish and general performance. Loved that game (like all soulslikes, it has its moments of frustration but reflecting on it is almost entirely positive). 

Bristow9091 said:

Odyssey went even further in the RPG direction, and it seems Valhalla is pretty much more of the same there too, except it looks SUPER pretty on a PS5/XSX/PC and the combat looks pretty crunchy too, lol. It'll be one of my first game purchases when I get a PS5 for sure :P

I love RPG style games and the satisfaction of Assassin's Creed gameplay has always been enjoyable for me. I think once I have the mindset to tackle it, I should. The more I hear about it the clearer it is I just missed the point in my first attempt at Origins. That's on me. Ubisoft can be shitty, but I still tend to like their games.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Had to look up Greedfall....OH! Thaaaat game! I considered buying it a couple times, but didn't pull the trigger. My hero Jim Sterling liked it. I think it looks good. SOLID month.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

A bit of poison on my blade, AND LET'S GO!

Runa216 said:
zealen said:

is Valhalla any good? I heard good things of it and Odyssey...but like...honestly I sorta drifted away from Assassin's Creed after Black Flag. I did play Syndicate and liked it, and I played a bit of Origins but honestly found it tedious. I'm willing to give it another shot, though, especially with how much love Odyssey got.

I'm really enjoying it. It looks and plays fantastic on PS5, but there are some minor issues (small movement/npc bugs) and at one point I had to restart the game because the quest wouldn't trigger its next phase. I think Ubisoft did an amazing job on Valhalla's writing. The sidequests (more like events) are fast, diverse and most times funny. The world is enormous and can get a little overwhelming (not as much as Odyssey) if you want to 100% it. I get the feeling that sometimes it feels more like a game from Witcher series than a Assassins Creed sequel, specially if you skipped Odyssey.

I totally recommend getting it, specially now with big discounts. Hope you enjoy it! Let me know!