By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

TallSilhouette said:

Anyone else noticing a lot more word of mouth support for PS5 in American media than other consoles? Not like commercials or sponsorships or anything but just being mentioned in passing on nightly shows when talking about hot commodities this holiday. I've noticed maybe a dozen for PS5 compared to maybe one each for Xbox and Switch. We'll see how it's actually reflected in real world sales but it definitely seems to be dominating mind share this season even in the MSM of Microsoft's strongest market.

Yes, and I've brought this up in a different thread here. And since then I've seen even more mentions of PS5 and it's scarcity. SNL had a full-on skit about it, and has had a few other mentions/jokes. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Real Time with Bill Maher, Late Night With Seth Myers. I think Seth has brought it up 3 or 4 times. This is stuff I caught. Using the google machine, I found an article that shows Jimmy Fallon has mentioned PS5 as well.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:

Yes, and I've brought this up in a different thread here. And since then I've seen even more mentions of PS5 and it's scarcity. SNL had a full-on skit about it, and has had a few other mentions/jokes. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Real Time with Bill Maher, Late Night With Seth Myers. I think Seth has brought it up 3 or 4 times. This is stuff I caught. Using the google machine, I found an article that shows Jimmy Fallon has mentioned PS5 as well.

I remember that SNL skit. That was a nice surprise, as was John Oliver. Seeing yet another mention on Stephen Colbert caused me to post about it.

twintail said:

On a side note to this PS5 discussion (since I am out of the USA), but I just started playing Knack 2 and I have to say what a marked improvement the game is over the first.

Especially in regards to gameplay, which is just a lot better. I am under the impression that ppl generally see Knack 2 as being a better game, which I believe is a sign that Japan Studio is really gearing for bigger and better things.

Don't know why, but I liked the first a lot more, but sure because of plat I had played it a lot more as well. The second one was also quite easier.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I've been diving back into my PS3 a bit. Completed L.A. Noire, and liked it so much I'm planning on buying the DLC, and re-buying it on PS4, along with the VR missions. Playing oddball games I bought ages ago too. World Gone Sour, a surprisingly fun platformer, Shatter, a Breakout-esque arcade game, and Puzzle Dimension, a....puzzle game, that I absolutely suck at.

Finished Shadow Of Mordor, which was great, and still playing EDF 5. Just hit 725 hours on that particular game. I regret not buying Genertion Zero when it was on sale. Despite the reviews. Jonsing for some more co-op.

I shouldn't be posting this, as I have 2 apologies to make. But that sucks and is awkward, so it's put off again.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Sony have been to quiet this month.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Jumped into Demon's Souls (PS5) last night. Haven't been to Boletaria in years. Really impressed with all the work Bluepoint put into it (just buy them already, Sony). Even without RT it feels as next gen as any other current title. Nice use of the haptics, nice physics, modeling, lighting, animation, and great sound design. If games can look, run, and feel this nice already, I can't wait to see how the generation matures.

Bandorr said:
COKTOE said:

I've been diving back into my PS3 a bit. Completed L.A. Noire, and liked it so much I'm planning on buying the DLC, and re-buying it on PS4, along with the VR missions. Playing oddball games I bought ages ago too. World Gone Sour, a surprisingly fun platformer, Shatter, a Breakout-esque arcade game, and Puzzle Dimension, a....puzzle game, that I absolutely suck at.

Finished Shadow Of Mordor, which was great, and still playing EDF 5. Just hit 725 hours on that particular game. I regret not buying Genertion Zero when it was on sale. Despite the reviews. Jonsing for some more co-op.

I shouldn't be posting this, as I have 2 apologies to make. But that sucks and is awkward, so it's put off again.

I finished Plating Spider-man. I downloaded both the shadow of games.  I guess PS gave away Shadow of war at some point? I noticed it in my library So I downloaded it and mordor.

So if you liked Mordor you may check to see if you got War.

Nice job with Spidey. Had a physical copy Shadow Of Mordor Game Of The Year Edition from year ago. A PSN friend tipped me off that the servers were closing at the end of December, making the plat unobtainable, so that moved it ahead in the queue. And yes! Shadow Of War was in fact part of last month's PS+ games. I plan to explore the Nemesis Forge in Shadow Of Mordor sooner than later to help prepare for an eventual Shadow Of War run.

Merry Christmas guys, enjoy :)

Man, my PS5 is getting so, SO much use lately! I played Demon's Souls, my brother and Roommate are playing Red Dead and Spider-Man Remastered, we use it for streaming DisneyPlus and the like, etc. Lots of fun.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

Man, my PS5 is getting so, SO much use lately! I played Demon's Souls, my brother and Roommate are playing Red Dead and Spider-Man Remastered, we use it for streaming DisneyPlus and the like, etc. Lots of fun.

Same! I already finshed and plat Astro Bot and Spider Man Miles Morales, finished Demons Souls and I'm around 40 hours on AC Valhalla. Been thinking about getting Godfall on this sale, but I'm probably waiting a little...anyway, beast console, loving it!