By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:

Congrats, those are some hefty challenging platinums.

Honestly? Dark Souls III was by far the most challenging, followed by Dark Souls I and II. Demon's Souls wasn't too bad (It's easily the shortest of the games), but Bloodborne and Sekiro were both pretty damn easy, all things considered. 

You are used to the gameplay, so possibly your hardest time on the platinums were stuff that doesn't come through natural game progression.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:

Honestly? Dark Souls III was by far the most challenging, followed by Dark Souls I and II. Demon's Souls wasn't too bad (It's easily the shortest of the games), but Bloodborne and Sekiro were both pretty damn easy, all things considered. 

You are used to the gameplay, so possibly your hardest time on the platinums were stuff that doesn't come through natural game progression.

Oh yeah, some of the trophies were maddening to get for many reasons. Mostly just the spells, miracles, pyromancies, and rings. 

With rings, you HAD to get to the end of the game on NG+2 because many of the rings only spawned in NG+2 and one of those rings could only be found after the Nameless King boss fight (So basically, you gotta fight the toughest boss in the main game on NG+2). Most of the rings were fine, but this forces you to go through the game nearly 3 times without exception. 

With the spells, miracles, and pyromancies, there were some insane requirements for time and dedication. I think you can get either the Spells or Pyromances just on your first playthrough, but so many of the other magic-related collectibles put you on quest lines that locked other questlines out or made it impossible to get all the spells. Like, for example, if you did the Rosasia's Fingers covenant...you locked yourself out of some healer's questline that gives you miracles...but you need to do Rosasia's Fingers to get a spell. 

Likewise, you have to do a bunch of shit for the 13 covenants, and some of them take forever. Each covenant has a special item you use to raise your allegiance to that covenant, and some covenants you have to get 10 items, other covenants you need 30 (Again, each one of these is a single spell out of like 30 or 40 needed for ONE trophy). Each of these items has 2 methods to get it, either do PVP/PVE online stuff, or grind. A lot. Like just getting Pale Fingers took me like 12-15 hours. That's The time it took me to get ONE spell, for ONE covenant, for ONE trophy. I probably spent 12-15 hours just going on a loop in Anor Londo, farming the silver knights will ALL the discovery-raising spells and equipment. 

So yeah, it wasn't HARD, persay, but it was definitely time consuming and required a whole lot of prep time and planning to not lock yourself out of missable trophies and spells. 

Bristow9091 said:

I'm pretty close to the Dark Souls Remastered and Dark Souls 2 platinum trophies. For the first I just need to get all the unique items and upgrade all the elemental weapons, which can be gotten by drop trading online anyway, and for the second I just need a couple more spells, which I can do by rushing through NG+ and halfway into NG++ for an NPC to sell them to me... I just can't be arsed doing either lol.

I honestly wouldn't bother with Dark Souls II unless you plan on farming The Rotten 12 times with bonfire ascetics. You can skip like 75% of the game and jump right to drangleic if you make it to The Rotten and just farm like 3 million souls. My NG+2 run took me about three hours to get that final spell, which like in Dark Souls III can only be accomplished on NG+2. I didn't like Dark Souls II, so take my opinion on it with a grain of salt. 

Dark Souls I is funny because I found it a lot of work, but I pretty much did all that stuff naturally as I was exploring and trying new things. Took a lot of work but shockingly I already had like 90% of the required items when I started seeking out the details. I think Dark Souls Remastered would have been more of a challenge or time consuming had I not accidentally did most of that trophy in particular before hunting for it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Hey guys, if you´re playing Demons Souls Remake with the latest patch 1.004 and you have the ring that increases item discovery, can you check something?...before this latest patch, I clearly remember this ring gave +20 to item discovery , but now if i select the ring before equipping it, it shows my item discovery stat increasing by 20 points like it was, but AFTER equipping it, it shows a +40 increase....so, for example, if my item discovery is 68, selecting the ring but not equipping it shows the stat increasing to 88, but it actually goes to 108 after equipping the ring, and I´m sure it wasn´t like that before this latest patch.

Can you see if the same happens in your game?....don´t know whether it´s a bug or not.

BraLoD said:
Runa216 said:

To be clear, I thought Bloodborne and Sekiro were far and away the hardest games to play, but the easiest ones to get platinum on. Those are two different metrics.

Did you play Demon's Souls on PS3?

The pure bladestone grind was surreal xD

I did not, but I heard absolute nightmares. That and some of the NG+ stuff in that trophy list made me decide to never finish it even before the remake came out. I'd likely have done it anyway (I did farm all the items for all the covenants in III), but I'd not be happy about it. I did play it, but never finished it. Interestingly, Demon's Souls was the game I ended up putting down when I started writing reviews for this very site! I no longer work for the site (I can't even discuss a certain game company without getting banned, imagine how quickly I'd be booted if I gave a low score to something like Fallout 76 and got crusader kings on the internet arguing with me over it again), but it's still an interesting bit of trivia. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

BraLoD said:
Runa216 said:

To be clear, I thought Bloodborne and Sekiro were far and away the hardest games to play, but the easiest ones to get platinum on. Those are two different metrics.

Did you play Demon's Souls on PS3?

The pure bladestone grind was surreal xD

Worst part of the game by far. My grind was pretty bad, but there were people with much worse luck, and much longer grinds. One of those trophies that made me ask: "why am I doing this thing?"

Nice to see the grindy trophies aren't in the remake.

This is pulled from the guide on powerpyx: "The differences are welcome ones since you no longer have to upgrade weapons using all the different materials, which eliminated the hunt for Shining Lizards. In exchange for the tedious grind the remake added a bunch of trophies for specific ways of defeating a boss and a few NPC-related ones, which are basically just a milestone for the Magic/Miracles related trophies."

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
BasilZero said:

How long is it would you say?

It took me over 40hrs on the first run.

I am a very slow player, tho, I tend to search a lot and try to perceive small details in most games, so I definifely take my time with it.

For comparision I think I finished the original under 20hrs (same slowness applied) so it's about double the original length I would say.

Also, TLoU2 has a very long load time to start each session (or skip cutscenes, which you likely won't do in the first run) but it has almost instantaneous loads for respawns, so basically all the time spent on it is purely gameplay/story.

I would say my playthrough was a little faster, but yes 40-60h to platinum is a good average.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

BraLoD said:
Runa216 said:

I did not, but I heard absolute nightmares. That and some of the NG+ stuff in that trophy list made me decide to never finish it even before the remake came out. I'd likely have done it anyway (I did farm all the items for all the covenants in III), but I'd not be happy about it. I did play it, but never finished it. Interestingly, Demon's Souls was the game I ended up putting down when I started writing reviews for this very site! I no longer work for the site (I can't even discuss a certain game company without getting banned, imagine how quickly I'd be booted if I gave a low score to something like Fallout 76 and got crusader kings on the internet arguing with me over it again), but it's still an interesting bit of trivia. 

Are the trophies for PS5 Demon's Souls different?

I actually had quite a bit of lucky with the pure bladestone, but got extremely unlucky with the cloudstone chunks farming on the flying mantas from Storm King, it took me over 10 hours of farming there if I recall it right, opposed to 3 or so hours for the pure bladestone.

One user here (a very nice one) took I think over two weeks or three weeks of grinding for the pure bladestone tho, lol.

yeah, there's a LOT more to do in the original than the remake. Stuff like getting all unique items and doing more stuff with world tendency and upgrading all the variable weapons is an absolute nightmare. yeah, I'm looking at the list and it's vastly different aside from the "Kill X Boss" trophies. The remake is reasonable (took me 97 hours to get everything), the original I hear is 150+ on average. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

You know what I find most annoying about gamer entitlement and/or a complete lack of understanding of the market?

People are constantly bitching EVERYWHERE about not being able to snag a PS5, I can't go on any thread, any subreddit, any youtube video, or any article that even mentions PS5 or PS5 games without the comment sections being FILLED to the brim with whining about how they can't get a PS5 and that's somehow SOny's fault...

...Despite the fact that the PS5 has so far had the best launch of any console ever in terms of sales. It's the highest selling console launch ever and it's still nowhere near meeting the demand that the community has decreed. That's power. That shows just how strong the PS brand is right now.

Also, it shows that people need to be bitchy at scalpers for the scalping, not Sony or even the Retailers. sony did all they reasonably could to get their consoles out any you have the same power as scalpers...that's not gonna change whether they gave you 5 days or 5 hours to prepare. Scalpers are the problem, not Sony (And honestly not even the retailers. They are in business, all they can really do and all they care about is selling consoles.) So any advantage YOU would have, the scalpers would have the same advantage, so the issue is the scalpers, not the retailers.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Anyone else noticing a lot more word of mouth support for PS5 in American media than other consoles? Not like commercials or sponsorships or anything but just being mentioned in passing on nightly shows when talking about hot commodities this holiday. I've noticed maybe a dozen for PS5 compared to maybe one each for Xbox and Switch. We'll see how it's actually reflected in real world sales but it definitely seems to be dominating mind share this season even in the MSM of Microsoft's strongest market.

TallSilhouette said:

Anyone else noticing a lot more word of mouth support for PS5 in American media than other consoles? Not like commercials or sponsorships or anything but just being mentioned in passing on nightly shows when talking about hot commodities this holiday. I've noticed maybe a dozen for PS5 compared to maybe one each for Xbox and Switch. We'll see how it's actually reflected in real world sales but it definitely seems to be dominating mind share this season even in the MSM of Microsoft's strongest market.

Yeah, but be careful mentioning it because that's bias and you'll get banned for it. 

But seriously, I see PS5 being mentioned all the time and almost never Xbox. In fact...now that I think about it...I don't think I've even once heard anything about the Xbox, because nobody wants to call it the Xbox OnePointThreePointOneFour Ex Series S. it's such a stupid, cumbersome name. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX