By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Replicant said:
COKTOE said:
Just wanted to point out that this obfuscating non-feature made it's unwelcome return in December with Just Cause 4. My HD was too full to accommodate the download, so the process ended up being slightly less of an annoyance, as all I did was delete and cancel the download, and it's presence was never felt on my hard drive. It's good to know there's a weapon in the battle against against Playstation's stupidity. Again, that weapon: Full hard drive.

Those assholes. They need to fix that. Will try to remember claiming January's games on PS4 to see if I have a similar problem.

And it's the same for you no matter where you try to claim them? I'm able to simply press "Add to Library" on both PS5, browser based ps store, and ps store in the new app.

I actually didn't check the app or the browser store.....Didn't even think to do so. I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER for the next time, because I have every reason to expect this to happen again. Regardless, it's BS that it's happening anywhere. I used to claim on mobile often, because it would pop in my head to do so late in the month when I was, say, shopping for new socks. I've really gotten in the habit of using the store on the console the last few years though.

BasilZero said:
COKTOE said:

Have I ever gone back and replied to a reply I've already replied to? I don't think so. So congratulations.

Just wanted to point out that this obfuscating non-feature made it's unwelcome return in December with Just Cause 4. My HD was too full to accommodate the download, so the process ended up being slightly less of an annoyance, as all I did was delete and cancel the download, and it's presence was never felt on my hard drive. It's good to know there's a weapon in the battle against against Playstation's stupidity. Again, that weapon: Full hard drive.

The HDD thing is truly annoying.

I had literally 65 GB left in my storage yet I couldnt install a game that was 5 GB unless I deleted something to make up for the 5 GB lol.

That's odd. You basically need twice the amount of space as compared to the file size, so you should have been set to add a file roughly 32.5GB in size. 5GB shouldn't have been an issue.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
COKTOE said:

That's odd. You basically need twice the amount of space as compared to the file size, so you should have been set to add a file roughly 32.5GB in size. 5GB shouldn't have been an issue.

Apparently there's a limitation on how much storage you need on the HDD free before you can continue installing more stuff.

I'm not the only one who mentioned this as on ERA it was mentioned by few people who had the same issue.

Its not much of a issue for me, kind of annoying but nothing too much of a deal breaker.

Interesting. I'll have to look into this some time. I'm usually pretty good about having free space, so I haven't encountered this much.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Replicant said:

Those assholes. They need to fix that. Will try to remember claiming January's games on PS4 to see if I have a similar problem.

And it's the same for you no matter where you try to claim them? I'm able to simply press "Add to Library" on both PS5, browser based ps store, and ps store in the new app.

I actually didn't check the app or the browser store.....Didn't even think to do so. I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER for the next time, because I have every reason to expect this to happen again. 1) Regardless, it's BS that it's happening anywhere. I used to claim on mobile often, because it would pop in my head to do so late in the month when I was, say, shopping for new socks. 2) I've really gotten in the habit of using the store on the console the last few years though.

1) 100% agree.

2) I never used the store on PS4 due to the fact that it's hot garbage. Slowly beginning to use it on PS5 because it actually works without crashing or stop loading pages/images every minute.

Finished Miles Morales. Bit lukewarm in the middle but a nice start and finish. Improvements to details like DualSense utilization, load times, and population density were nice to see. The collection is definitely a lot buggier than I remember the original game being and I hope we can tackle pop-in this generation too. Still a good effort for a launch title and I'm looking forward to how they improve from here. Now to finish Ghost or try Demon's Souls...

Runa216 said:

got my Demon's Souls Platinum trophy this morning, so that feels really good. Bum Rushed NG+2 to get the final boss soul and rescue the sage that taught me the final spell! That's two PS5 platinum trophies so far! Astro's Playroom and Demon's Souls! also worth noting: This means I've completed the set of Fromsoft Soulslike games! Demon's Souls Remastered, Dark Souls Remastered, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First sin, Dark souls III, Bloodborne, and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice! Platinum on all six of those games!

Next up is Spider-Man Remastered, I think. Honestly I have a few games that may be next on my agenda.

1 - Spider Man Remastered/Miles Morales
2 - Ghost of Tsushima
3- Final Fantasy VII Remake
4 - Horizon Zero Dawn
5 - Borderlands 3
6 - Red Dead Redemption Online (already did the singleplayer stuff)
7 - Rayman Legends

There are others, but those are the ones topping my list (I also wanna play Nioh but will wait 'til the PS5 versions come out, same with The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk. There are some more but they're sort of 'on a whim' type games, like Until Dawn and The Last Guardian and Shadow of the Colossus).

Congrats, those are some hefty challenging platinums.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
BasilZero said:

Damn that dedication ;p

Man, I dont have the patience to trophy farm cause I got so many games and get so little time to play games these days.

At the very least I managed to get 3 platinum trophies.

I generally don't trophy hunt either, but there are some games where I wanna do all the game has to offer so I play until I get 100%. 

I have 46 platinum trophies. 

I don't think the above two statements can coexist. Or maybe they can, but only if I REALLY love and am REALLY passionate about games. 

They can certainly coexist. You don't do truphy hunting, but when you love the game you want to do everything in them, that is very normal and was how things worked before trophies and achievements with people unlocking some modes, clothes, etc.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:

got my Demon's Souls Platinum trophy this morning, so that feels really good. Bum Rushed NG+2 to get the final boss soul and rescue the sage that taught me the final spell! That's two PS5 platinum trophies so far! Astro's Playroom and Demon's Souls! also worth noting: This means I've completed the set of Fromsoft Soulslike games! Demon's Souls Remastered, Dark Souls Remastered, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First sin, Dark souls III, Bloodborne, and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice! Platinum on all six of those games!

Next up is Spider-Man Remastered, I think. Honestly I have a few games that may be next on my agenda.

1 - Spider Man Remastered/Miles Morales
2 - Ghost of Tsushima
3- Final Fantasy VII Remake
4 - Horizon Zero Dawn
5 - Borderlands 3
6 - Red Dead Redemption Online (already did the singleplayer stuff)
7 - Rayman Legends

There are others, but those are the ones topping my list (I also wanna play Nioh but will wait 'til the PS5 versions come out, same with The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk. There are some more but they're sort of 'on a whim' type games, like Until Dawn and The Last Guardian and Shadow of the Colossus).

Honestly? Dark Souls III was by far the most challenging, followed by Dark Souls I and II. Demon's Souls wasn't too bad (It's easily the shortest of the games), but Bloodborne and Sekiro were both pretty damn easy, all things considered. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:

Honestly? Dark Souls III was by far the most challenging, followed by Dark Souls I and II. Demon's Souls wasn't too bad (It's easily the shortest of the games), but Bloodborne and Sekiro were both pretty damn easy, all things considered. 

That just goes to show how difficulty can be a bit subjective. For me, from these games, Bloodborne and Sekiro was toe to toe in ''hardness'', followed by Dark Souls 1, then 3 and finally 2.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Runa216 said:

That just goes to show how difficulty can be a bit subjective. For me, from these games, Bloodborne and Sekiro was toe to toe in ''hardness'', followed by Dark Souls 1, then 3 and finally 2.

To be clear, I thought Bloodborne and Sekiro were far and away the hardest games to play, but the easiest ones to get platinum on. Those are two different metrics.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Nautilus said:

To be clear, I thought Bloodborne and Sekiro were far and away the hardest games to play, but the easiest ones to get platinum on. Those are two different metrics.

Oh, nevermind then XD

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1