By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

RaptorChrist said:

Admittedly, there aren't a ton of launch games that I've super interested in. I'm very curious about existing PS4 games that might be playable now in 4K or better optimized. Does TLOU2 or Red Dead have any such optimizations.About the current launch games, my wife enjoys the Assassin's Creed games but I could never get into them very much. I've been playing a lot of Bugsnax already, and may get the Spiderman game as well.

TLOU2 and RDR2 don't have any bespoke PS5 patches that I'm aware of. Ghost of Tsushima and Days Gone do iirc. I fully expect a PS5 'remaster' of TLOU2 some time next year that is hopefully a free or cheap upgrade for PS4 owners.

Around the Network

@TallSilhouette: Makes sense, since that's what they did with the first game. Hey, if they decide to go that route, maybe the remaster will have a better ending :P

And by "better" I mean less sad. :(

RaptorChrist said:

Admittedly, there aren't a ton of launch games that I've super interested in. I'm very curious about existing PS4 games that might be playable now in 4K or better optimized. Does TLOU2 or Red Dead have any such optimizations.About the current launch games, my wife enjoys the Assassin's Creed games but I could never get into them very much. I've been playing a lot of Bugsnax already, and may get the Spiderman game as well.

Edit: Thanks for the kind words, Don. :)

(Seems to be an issue with posting new lines in my messages. I imagine devs are aware of this.)

I have seem more than one person report the problem with "enter'.

tlou2 and rdr2 nothing have been informed as far as i know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9BtdltzMaQ

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Everything is hooked up. Demon's Souls is downloaded. Just waiting for my wife to get home from work because I can't play while watching a 16 month old. I have really been out of the loop with things. I had no idea games cost $69.99 now for the base version. Hot damn. I thought the influx of indie games in recent years was going to drive that price down.Other than that, my PS Camera doesn't connect (different plug), but I found a webpage where you can put in your serial number and request a new one:https://global.support.playstation.com/s/pscamera-adaptorProbably old news, but worth knowing about I suppose. New OS will take some getting used to, but it's very snappy and it doesn't feel like I'm launching an app everytime I view my trophies or visit the store; everything more or less pops up right away.Other cool thing is that I have two PS4s in my house, and if I'm understanding correctly, I can use those as streaming points to play my PS5 in other rooms.

RaptorChrist said:
Everything is hooked up. Demon's Souls is downloaded. Just waiting for my wife to get home from work because I can't play while watching a 16 month old. I have really been out of the loop with things. I had no idea games cost $69.99 now for the base version. Hot damn. I thought the influx of indie games in recent years was going to drive that price down.Other than that, my PS Camera doesn't connect (different plug), but I found a webpage where you can put in your serial number and request a new one:https://global.support.playstation.com/s/pscamera-adaptorProbably old news, but worth knowing about I suppose. New OS will take some getting used to, but it's very snappy and it doesn't feel like I'm launching an app everytime I view my trophies or visit the store; everything more or less pops up right away.Other cool thing is that I have two PS4s in my house, and if I'm understanding correctly, I can use those as streaming points to play my PS5 in other rooms.

The souls games are great.

So it turns out there's this internet-wide easter-egg hunt going on in Demon's Souls Remake that was solved just last night that was an homage to a recently-passed game dev.

In world 1-3, there's this hidden door behind an illusory wall that's locked. Nobody knew how to open it, but if you went into photo-mode near it, you could see that there was an item on a corpse just behind it.

So, through the internet's insane resources, they discovered that in order to open the door, you needed to:

1 - Complete the game once

2 - Start up NG+ and change the mode to 'fractured' mode (this game's mirror mode)

3 - Get your world tendency to pure white (Beat all the bosses without dying in human form or defeat invaders) or Pure black (Die a lot while in human form or invade other players)

4 - While in either pure black or pure white, explore every nook and cranny to find an item that only exists in NG+ Fractured mode called a ceramic coin.

5 - Find all ceramic coins (so far 11 have been found, some only in pure white, some only in pure black)

6 - Collect 26 of them total, which needs to be accomplished by repeating NG+ cycles. 26 is presumably the age of the deceased (Unsure) These are the only items in the game that cannot be traded or duplicated with a glitch (They break as soon as they are tossed, as they are ceramic)

7 - Trade all 26 of these coins to a hidden NPC crow for shinies in exchange for a key to that door.

8 - Once the door is opened with the key, the item is a full set of Penetrator armor, the armour of a boss in the game, allowing you to essentially play as that boss.

All of this had the community up in a fuss all week, and it's one of the most fun things I've observed in the gaming landscape. This was also not in the original 2009 game.

The obscure nature of the souls series and this easter egg stuff is just so cool. To this day I'm sure there are places in Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and Bloodborne I've not explored, and that's one of the many things that keeps me coming back.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
RaptorChrist said:

Edit: Thanks for the kind words, Don. :)

(Seems to be an issue with posting new lines in my messages. I imagine devs are aware of this.)

Have you played Astro's Playroom and if so what's your impression of the dualsense ?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Runa216 said:
Bristow9091 said:
Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:
axumblade said:
I've only played Spider-Man: Miles Morales but it's insane just how fast the load times are.

Right? I opened it to get my copy of Spider-Man Remastered (That's not how you get it, I was misinformed) and was practically playing the game before I realized what was happening. 

Did you managed to get your remastered copy working?

yeah, but I had to find my downloads list on the browser store and remotely start the download from there. that was the only way it worked

Might sound weird but honestly I wish I was in your position right now... at least I'd have a PS5 lol :P 

Not weird at all! I mean, I scrounged and scraped to make it happen so it's not like I didn't earn it...but at the same time, man I wish I wasn't worried about everything all the time

What's the current status of your PS5 Runa?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:

What's the current status of your PS5 Runa?

I think I've more or less figured out what happens, when it happens, and how to avoid it. It is NOT ideal and I do hope Sony fixes it, but it's a patchwork solution.

Basically, the system hard reboots/crashes any time an automatic update goes through and I'm playing a PS5 game. Then, after that happens, I have to repair the database, restore the hard drive, and wait for the external to be read again. Fully. From top to bottom (Can take 20-30 minutes, since it's a 4TB drive). If I try to access the external at all during this, it freezes my PS5 and either boots me out/restarts, or just won't allow me access to anything and the speed is tanked (Takes up to 5 minutes to open Demon's Souls). 

Because of this, and my recklessness in trying to 'brute force' my way back in (hard restart on the console because it froze and pressing the power button didn't work so I had to unplug the console), I corrupted my Demon's Souls save data; I couldn't even reload from the cloud. 

Now that I've got a patchwork solution...all I gotta do is not automatically update my games and it seems to be fine. I'll risk it again if and when fix comes out. I can still USE the external without issue, and I can use all the console's other features, but if that happens it takes forever to let the console re-read the drive so it's not slowing everything down. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

@Runa: That's what I love about the Souls games so much. They reward exploration to an extent that has never really been done before. Entire areas of the game that are 100% optional or well hidden. So many different weapons and armours that finding new items feels like a great payoff.

I've finished Demon's Souls a couple times already, and I've always regarded it as one of the best games ever made. Maybe because it was the first Souls game I played -- and for a lot of people, I imagine their first will be their favorite. I have the game downloaded now, but I haven't played it yet.

I have avoided almost all information about this remake, but the one thing I'm hoping is in the game, and I can't imagine they would do away with, is the dialogue that the Lady in Black repeats in the Nexus. "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended...". Such a powerful level up phrase that has stuck with me for a very long time.

I actually just finished Astro's Playroom with my daughter (Yes, I let her stay up until midnight to play with me :X), which is why I haven't played Demon's yet.

My thoughts on Astro's Playroom: Extremely well-polished. Very responsive controls with fun and simple gameplay. It's a simple game, with a lot of unique and clever utilization of the DualSense.

Soooo much fan service in this game. In all areas of the game there are little robot people doing various things (they put a lot of effort into making this charming world come to life), and occasionally you'll find them playing out scenarios from previous PS games. I spotted: Bloodborne, MediEvil, Horizon, Death Stranding, Pyramid Head from Silent Hill, PAIN (that slingshot launch title pack-in for PS3), Uncharted, Crash, Monster Hunter, Parappa, The Last Guardian, Spiderman, Final Fantasy 7, LittleBigPlanet, TLOU (at least I think that was Joel and Ellie hiding from a clicker), and many more than seemed familiar but I could not identify. I'm betting I missed over half of these little easter eggs, so a more thorough exploration might be in order.

There's also collectibles in the form of PS hardware from over the years (the PSeye, the multitap, the boomerang controller, and all consoles, portables, etc). Very much an homage to the history of PlayStation.

I have been so out of the loop that this freebie came as a surprise, and was the perfect intro to the PS5. The use of rumble, trigger resistance, and controller audio was done so well that I truly hope this is taken advantage of in other games in the same way. I am so profoundly impressed with the DualSense, that even though I can't necessarily see a worthy generational leap in terms of the visual quality of the next-gen consoles, the DualSense is a clear generation ahead of any controller I've used.

I tend to ramble when I post late at night, but I can't help myself, as I'm still high on excitement over getting a PS5. I spent so much time refreshing store listings and following any lead I could find about when new stock was being released that I was losing hope that I would find one at all this year. Days like this don't come very often, but that's what makes them so special.

"The Last of Us 2" has the most nominations at Game Awards 2020. Ghost of Tsushima and Final Fantasy 7 Remake are also well represented.

You can vote here: https://thegameawards.com/nominees

Sony Interactive Entertainment tops the lists with a total of 22 nominations, the top representative of the company is The Last of Us Part II with ten nominations. The impressive Demon Souls and the new Spiderman could no longer be nominated because of the release time.

News: PS4-Spiderman has sold over 20m units. And God of War for PS4 nearing 20M sold, the franchise cross 50M :)

edit: How can I change my profile-picture on VGChartz? I can't find anything - since the last update. Or my English is not good enough to understand the words. I see my Ghost of Tsushima-Picture, but no possibility of change.

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 21 November 2020