By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft FTP policy is very anti consumer

There's a big hullabaloo going on lately regarding Sony not allowing crossplay with xbox and switch but imo Microsoft are quietly supporting and even more anti consumer practice. 

On PS4 you don't need a ps plus subscription to play free games like Fortnite online. On xbox however you don't and I think this should be changed by Microsoft. 

Around the Network

Do we really need a bazillionth thread on this very topic?

IMO this thread should be locked.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

for those without psn+ it is rather cool that the free to play games like Star Trek Online, Fortnite and Paladins all allow you to play them as actually FREE to play titles, not Free but behind a paywall titles.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

It is bad but every game should be free to play online imo. PS plus/Gold should be about the deals + 'free' games the month.

Yeah MS should change the policy. You shouldn't need to pay to play a f2p game online.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
It is bad but every game should be free to play online imo. PS plus/Gold should be about the deals + 'free' games the month.

Exactly this scenario the OP creates is showing like there are good options. But one lets you drown and  tosses one rock at you and the other option lets you drown and tosses two rocks at you

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I honestly think it's far worse to not support crossplay, defend not having to consider crossplay than it is to pay to play a F2P game, that likely isn't anywhere near as important as being able to play with millions of people across different platforms.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
I honestly think it's far worse to not support crossplay, defend not having to consider crossplay than it is to pay to play a F2P game, that likely isn't anywhere near as important as being able to play with millions of people across different platforms.

To add to that, PlayStation also has cloud saves behind the paywall as well, whereas Xbox doesn't.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Chazore said:

To add to that, PlayStation also has cloud saves behind the paywall as well, whereas Xbox doesn't.

I bet that won't be seen as bad as what MS has done though, which seems to only be the gist of this thread, which was brought up from a post on another thread.

All this thread was built for was to vilify MS and try to take away the negative attention that Sony has rightfully been getting for the lack of crossplay between the other systems. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Kerotan said:

There's a big hullabaloo going on lately regarding Sony not allowing crossplay with xbox and switch but imo Microsoft are quietly supporting and even more anti consumer practice. 

On PS4 you don't need a ps plus subscription to play free games like Fortnite online. On xbox however you don't and I think this should be changed by Microsoft. 

I'll just reply the same way I replied to you in the other thread:

KLAMarine said:
Kerotan said:
-MS locks F2P games behind a paywall while Sony does not

Imo this is a way bigger issue then crossplay. Extremely anti consumer from ms.
iamsomeone said:

i agree

dont understand why there are no complaints about needing gold to play a f2p game. seems to me more anti consumer than not allowing crossplay at all.

Sony are doing themselves no favors holding Fortnite accounts hostage.

They're not the only anti-consumer fish in the pond but they've made themselves the biggest anti-consumer fish in the pond.