By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: MvCI update (Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite: Uncanny Edition) to be released early 2019

You entirely sure that the word is coming from Disney and not Marvel? Disney may own Marvel, but Perlmutter is Perlmutter and he was Perlmutter before the mouse and is still that way. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
As long as Disney keeps its weird demands over the game, it's not going to improve, not to mention the artstyle is still leagues below MvsC 2 or 3U.

What were Disney's demands?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Darwinianevolution said:
As long as Disney keeps its weird demands over the game, it's not going to improve, not to mention the artstyle is still leagues below MvsC 2 or 3U.

The lack of Fantastic Four and X-Men is on Disney.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

KrspaceT said:

You entirely sure that the word is coming from Disney and not Marvel? Disney may own Marvel, but Perlmutter is Perlmutter and he was Perlmutter before the mouse and is still that way. 

yes, I think the lack x men n F 4 is more on Perlmutter. It seems like he's been trying to devalue their brands due to fox having their rights at the time. example canceling all f4 n Xmen merchandise some yrs back and giving orders to not create any new Xmen characters because Fox would have the rights to use them in movies etc.

Darwinianevolution said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

But Capcom now has creative control according to the leak, and the X-Men and Doom are being added at THEIR request. Capcom reportedly has creative control over the art style as well, so now more PS3-esque "realistic" visuals IF this is to be believed.

Around the Network
KManX89 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

But Capcom now has creative control according to the leak, and the X-Men and Doom are being added at THEIR request. Capcom reportedly has creative control over the art style as well, so now more PS3-esque "realistic" visuals IF this is to be believed.

Do we believe it though?  I don't, cause the leaker makes mention that Street Fighter V losing money, yet somehow has an extra 100k added to its pot for the Pro Tour (AE did actually push a few hundred thousand copies so it wasn't a failure) despite Sony not funding it anymore.  Darkstalkers is gonna replace this game, and it makes me mad cause I won't be able to enjoy Darkstalkers knowing this.