By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK software sales (Week ending 6/30/2018)

Farsala said:
Shaqazooloo0 said:

It comes from the same site the UK chart comes from so I think so.

Sorry for not including the link.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-07-07-check-out-the-impact-the-steam-sale-has-on-the-european-charts

I see. Thanks for the link.

It is still pretty confusing to me, especially this

"Physical data includes all games, but only those sold in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland."

So why not include UK... with the data easily attainable.

So, i've looked into it bit. It's a different tracker that these charts come from, they track all of Europe but exclude the UK because the tracker that provides UK charts has some sort of deal. It expires in 2019, so next year UK will be included with everything else.

Around the Network
Shaqazooloo0 said:
Farsala said:

"Physical data includes all games, but only those sold in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland."

So, i've looked into it bit. It's a different tracker that these charts come from, they track all of Europe but exclude the UK because the tracker that provides UK charts has some sort of deal. It expires in 2019, so next year UK will be included with everything else.

I assume that's the same for Germany and others. Hopefully a fully unified Europe chart comes soon, will be quite interesting.

Seems like the Switch is doing pretty well in Europe!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Kerotan said:
Wow the xbox version of crash outsold the Switch one. Did not expect that.

It's the UK, the toughest market for Nintendo and the best market for the Xbox after US. I'm actually more surprised that the Switch version managed to get up to the second spot.

Europe as a whole loves Crash (and the Switch) it seems considering the Gamesindustry article

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 08 July 2018

Farsala said:
Shaqazooloo0 said:

It comes from the same site the UK chart comes from so I think so.

Sorry for not including the link.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-07-07-check-out-the-impact-the-steam-sale-has-on-the-european-charts

Maybe UK only releases the rankings, but not the exact numbers like the other ones do. Or it's a methodology problem, as they get the numbers from the retailers themselves - but maybe not all british retailers are included and thus left out to not have scewed numbers from there.