By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ys VIII is unplayable for me on the switch.

Last week i decides against my better will that i would get a physical copy of ys VIII on switch instesd of the ps4.

Biggest points where some revieuws that said the game plays great and ofc the handheld mode

But 90%of the time i will play it on my big screen and jesus....the textures are crap(that gras looks horrible)

Framerate goes below 30 quit a lot and it just feels slow to play,a action game like that should always be 60fps.

On the handheld mode it looks s loot better and the fr seems to be a bit better overall.

Its just my opinion but this really put me on a table again for the future,dont buy multiplats on the switch when there is a much better version on ps4.

So glad it only cost me 28bucks.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

Hmmmm okay? The game doesn't look that good on the PS4 either. And seriously, are you playing an Ys game for the graphics? I can understand the drop to 30fps cause this is an action RPG, but you're getting so much more on the Switch. This game basically screams portable play.

PS: PS4 also has the advantage of price.

Last edited by routsounmanman - on 01 July 2018

routsounmanman said:
Hmmmm okay? The game doesn't look that good on the PS4 either. And seriously, are you playing an Ys game for the graphics? I can understand the drop to 30fps cause this is an action RPG, but you're getting so much more on the Switch. This game basically screams portable play.

Why is that?

pokoko said:
routsounmanman said:

Why is that?

Basically it's a JRPG with a heavy grid element. That generally suits portability. Short bursts of play.

Got Ys VIII, I personally don't see any of what you mentioned as issues. Enjoying the game by a lot. Dock aswell as handheld mode.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:

PS: PS4 also has the advantage of price.

I played all the ys games on ps2/psp one on vita and now on ps4/switch, the gras textures/shadows are just horrible painfull to my eyes, and soo is thr drop to 30fps and even below where ps4 is smooth 60fps.

As i mentioned i play 90-95% of the time on a tv screen.

I gave the game a shot on the switch but its just not that good,which i find verry weird this game could 100%be 1080p 60fps on switch.

My youtube gaming page.

Peh said:
Got Ys VIII, I personally don't see any of what you mentioned as issues. Enjoying the game by a lot. Dock aswell as handheld mode.

You dont see the fields of gras painfull to watch? Looks verry blury when on ps4(playing it now) non of those issues

My youtube gaming page.

xl-klaudkil said:
Peh said:

You dont see the fields of gras painfull to watch? Looks verry blury when on ps4(playing it now) non of those issues

No. What I noticed is that the textures are really sharp. A bit too sharp, but that doesn't make it unplayable. So far, the game looks good on the Switch. 30fps are not bothering me, still a fast paced game.

I'm in the forest section now and looking for the nineth survivor.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
xl-klaudkil said:

No. What I noticed is that the textures are really sharp. A bit too sharp, but that doesn't make it unplayable. So far, the game looks good on the Switch. 30fps are not bothering me, still a fast paced game.

I'm in the forest section now and looking for the nineth survivor.

Hmz..well happy your enjoying it(you ever playrd the ps4/pc version?). Really bumped out myself tbh i expected more.

Maybe iam to spoiled after gow.

My youtube gaming page.

Grass textures make it unplayable LMAO