By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What are your thoughts on death? To be honest, it scares the shit out of me. The thought that my mind will cease to function is something that I have never truly been able to come to terms with. I probably value my mind more than anything else, and well, when that is gone, I'm essentially nothing. I don't really care about what happens to my material body once I'm dead: when I no longer have control over it it is no longer mine. Those who are still living ultimately should decide how they make use of corpses.

However, I guess there is a bright side to death. Once you're dead, you have no worries. No more pain, no more suffering, no more work, no more conflict. Just eternal peace. All of your problems come to an end, and you don't have to do anything else. I guess that's what makes death appealing for some. As for me, the fact that I won't even be able to be conscience of this peace is a bit of a turn-off, so I guess I decide to continue to live, with the ups and downs that come with it.

Around the Network

I'm immortal, so I don't have to worry about it.

But no, after I had my daughter I stopped thinking about my own death in selfish ways and can only think about what would become of my daughter. I'm not religious, but I don't believe our consciousness just ceases. I don't want to experience an after life in which I know my daughter is stuck with my actually-crazy-and-should-be-taking-her-anti-psychotics ex.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Do not fear death. We all have to go through it one day.

Also, I imagine death is like what life was like before birth: a state of nothingness. It's weird to think about it: there's nothing there... I find it quite eerie but from nothing we arose and to nothing we return. Just make sure to live life to its fullest.

Ka-pi96 said:
Can't wait

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/suicide/

I've already feel like I've been alive for a long time. I'm actually more worried about the art from our time period like video games and movies becoming completely obscure in the future. The average young person knows almost nothing about 1940s movies today, so will 1990s video games be completely forgotten in 50 years?

Around the Network

i've thought about suicide. but only because of losing my job.

Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen.

- Mark Twain  

I accept/acknowledge that death is a part of life, it's unavoidable and will happen to everyone. We all know our time in this world is limited and that eventually it will end. I think the sooner it is to come to terms with that the better honestly since it allows you to focus more on living your life to the best while you still can rather than worrying about how it must end someday.

I mean, I think most people would hope to live a long life, and I hope I do, but at the same time I acknowledge that death can happen at any moment. All we can really do is just live our lives while we can and hopefully enjoy it. Make some great memories, friendships, do the things we love, or maybe even make a positive impact. It's about what we choose to do with our time in this world. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 29 June 2018

I've never been afraid of dying If i die before my time then there is nothing i can do about that.

Didnt you do this like a few months ago aswell? Rehash everything each couple of months

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I'm not afraid of what death will do to me, but I'm petrified thinking of all the loved ones it has taken and will still take. The thought of someone dear to me dying is a lot more scary than my own death, it's not like you're going to mourn your own passing. Both of my best friends lost their dad to cancer before they turned 20 and my mom has had cancer two times before, now it's back and incurable this time around. I think about death quite a bit, but not my own.