By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shenmue 3 Minimum PC Requirements

I'm currently taking the Shenmue 3 survey and in it I spot the minimum PC specs. I haven't seen any recommended specs tho.

click to enlarge image: https://i.imgur.com/G9lamSD.png

PC system requirements

Minimum:
OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband internet connection
Storage: 100 GB available space
Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.

*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 29 June 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Ah crap, I'm still on a 3770k. I hope there isn't some CPU feature that requires Haswell, or I guess it's time to upgrade.

Zach808 said:
Ah crap, I'm still on a 3770k. I hope there isn't some CPU feature that requires Haswell, or I guess it's time to upgrade.

no need to panic, you got a year or so to upgrade.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Crap, now I need to buy a sound card.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Zach808 said:

I was still playing modern games like 2016 Doom on my i2770k. I doubt you will have issues with the CPU. Its more your GPU which by the way, what are you running?

Around the Network

100 GB is just disgusting. Why would it be larger than GTA 5? Are they dumping 8K textures with every install? Thankfully it's just a placeholder in all likehood.

Zach808 said:

You'll be fine with a 3770k.

Zach808 said:

Of course is up to you whether to upgrade or not, but you're still fine with that chip. I have an overclocked i5 3570k and I still don't find the need to upgrade.
I think processors have been developing rather slowly, for the past few years Intel has had no real competition, but thankfully AMD is back on the game (and this comes from an Intel enthusiast). 
Maybe on the next couple of years we will see real improvement (I have some hope for INTEL's 10nm process and for next gen AMD processors), but until then I'm sticking with my current processor.

My i5-4570 will destroy that game! but you will have to pay me to play it lol

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Zach808 said:

Your CPU is fine. Performance wise they are almost identical, with possibly your CPU having a slight edge in heavily threaded scenario's.
The performance difference at the same clock between Sandy/Ivy/Haswell is pretty insignificant all things considered, especially if you pair up Sandy/Ivy with good Ram.

haxxiy said:
100 GB is just disgusting. Why would it be larger than GTA 5? Are they dumping 8K textures with every install? Thankfully it's just a placeholder in all likehood.

Plenty of games today have 8k textures.
Texture resolution =/= display resolution.

Diogo said:

Of course is up to you whether to upgrade or not, but you're still fine with that chip. I have an overclocked i5 3570k and I still don't find the need to upgrade.
I think processors have been developing rather slowly, for the past few years Intel has had no real competition, but thankfully AMD is back on the game (and this comes from an Intel enthusiast). 
Maybe on the next couple of years we will see real improvement (I have some hope for INTEL's 10nm process and for next gen AMD processors), but until then I'm sticking with my current processor.

The biggest increase in performance since the second gen Core ix series was with Coffee Lake... And ONLY because Intel upped the core counts finally.
Pair up any Sandy-Bridge or newer chip with super fast Ram and they are still competitive.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--