By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Make me buy Yakuza 0!!!

Yakuza 0???

Yes. 17 80.95%

No. 2 9.52%

Do it for the catfights. 1 4.76%

Do it for the what...? ^^^^^ 1 4.76%

Total:21

Stop buying games. Whats the point of buying and then not playing? Games are not going away suddenly. Unless you just want to collect something. then go ahead.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
Bristow9091 said:

How? We don't even have confirmation of western releases yet, and know nothing of 4-5 yet, right? o.O

They're all confirmed for PS4 JP if you check the wiki. 3-5 aren't confirmed for the west yet, but it'll help if people keep buying the games.

I assumed with you being from NZ you'd buy English copies of the game and not preorder Japanese copies, lol 

Bristow9091 said:
Shaunodon said:

They're all confirmed for PS4 JP if you check the wiki. 3-5 aren't confirmed for the west yet, but it'll help if people keep buying the games.

I assumed with you being from NZ you'd buy English copies of the game and not preorder Japanese copies, lol 

I haven't pre-ordered any of them, but maybe the other guy is fluent in Japanese?

Just saying it'll help if people keep buying the new ones that get localised, like Yakuza 2 in August

Ultr said:
Stop buying games. Whats the point of buying and then not playing? Games are not going away suddenly. Unless you just want to collect something. then go ahead.

Variety, choice, some people don't want to walk out to the game store every time they have a different urge. You may try a game, like it so much that you binge it for the next week/month, then immediately want to play or order other games for the series. Plenty of reasons.

I tried Persona 5 when it came out a couple weeks after Breath of the Wild, figured I'd give it a go then be back to Zelda within a week tops, it pretty much consumed me for the next month. Breath of the Wild still a better game, but I've played more Persona 5 because I love it so much.

Shaunodon said:
Ultr said:

Variety, choice, some people don't want to walk out to the game store every time they have a different urge. You may try a game, like it so much that you binge it for the next week/month, then immediately want to play or order other games for the series. Plenty of reasons.

I tried Persona 5 when it came out a couple weeks after Breath of the Wild, figured I'd give it a go then be back to Zelda within a week tops, it pretty much consumed me for the next month. Breath of the Wild still a better game, but I've played more Persona 5 because I love it so much.

Well you talk about 2 games that you choose from. But if you have a backlog of 40+ games and are still buying...It just gets bigger. If you buy a game and after one year you did not even start it or just played 5min... thats when you should stop buying games

Around the Network
Ultr said:
Shaunodon said:

Well you talk about 2 games that you choose from. But if you have a backlog of 40+ games and are still buying...It just gets bigger. If you buy a game and after one year you did not even start it or just played 5min... thats when you should stop buying games

He's not talking about buying 10 brand new games at once, it's a bunch of games on sale, and adding one more for $20. He'll live doctor.

Shaunodon said:
Ultr said:

He's not talking about buying 10 brand new games at once, it's a bunch of games on sale, and adding one more for $20. He'll live doctor.

he can do whatever he wants and I am just bringing another opinion to the table. Sales come and go.

Shaunodon said:
Bristow9091 said:

I haven't pre-ordered any of them, but maybe the other guy is fluent in Japanese?

Just saying it'll help if people keep buying the new ones that get localised, like Yakuza 2 in August

... I forgot who I was replying to, my bad lol :P 

I can't see why they wouldn't bring them west though, they don't need to sell gangbusters and they seem to be doing "decent", although there has been a decline per game released it seems, and Yakuza 6 did release at a bad time, lol. But I mean they're even bringing Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise over here AND with English voice acting to boot, so anything is possible! :P 

LivingMetal said:

I've got way too many games. I'm sure all of you know by now that Yakuza 0 just dropped to $20 in price.  I've been wanting this game.  I really do, But I just purchased Dark Souls II, Dark Souls III, Tales of Berseria, Attack of Titan, Atelier Firis, Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth & Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception.  And I've not played any of them, yet.  I'm currently playing Wolfenstein: The New Order and plan to play Wizardry next.  So how can I justify Yakuza 0 at this moment?  Please convince me to buy this game.  Or convince me not to.  So validate me.  I might need an intervention...

I linked someone else on the forum to this video of someone playing Yakuza 0 as their first Yakuza game, and he bought the game and started to play it after watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxh9EVV6J1s&feature=youtu.be

See if it convinces you to buy it, because I think it's a series most videogame fans should experience because of how unique it is.

Last edited by Hiku - on 28 June 2018

Sure thing. Where do you live?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.