By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Amy Henning forming her own indie studio

Well I heard MS is building studios these days... Might be a smart move to give her the financial backup she needs to hire the right people and make her games exclusive..

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Good for her. Can't wait to see what she can or cannot do on her own.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

loy310 said:
Missed opportunity for MS and Sony if they dont grab this woman and give her a studio like they did with Kojima.

Agreed. I hope she can enter an agreement with squeenix to be able to continue the legacy of kain series.

It will take some years but maybe something good is born out of this.

Fei-Hung said:
Crystal dynamics should have hired her for future Tomb Raider games as well as other IPs. SE could have rebooted legacy of kain with her, but I think the main problem is having the rest of the staff that make the levels and visuals etc that she hasn't got. She isn't a one man team or a game a leader that she can direct a game on her own. I wouldn't be surprised if she starts making more TTG style of games.

That would have been lovely. Assuming SE didn't mandate it be filled with garbage.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Fei-Hung said:
Crystal dynamics should have hired her for future Tomb Raider games as well as other IPs. SE could have rebooted legacy of kain with her, but I think the main problem is having the rest of the staff that make the levels and visuals etc that she hasn't got. She isn't a one man team or a game a leader that she can direct a game on her own. I wouldn't be surprised if she starts making more TTG style of games.

That would have been lovely. Assuming SE didn't mandate it be filled with garbage.

I think SE would let CD do their thing but I don't think soul reaver is a big enough IP in SE's eyes to be worth investing in  It's a shame as it could be huge. CD have the talent to put together a decent Soul Reaver game. 

Thats nice.In my opinion, for her first project, its very likely that she will team up with a big publishers, one of the big three is the more likely to happen, to make her game, because I cant really see her working with a small budget for what she wants to create, and I dont think he has the money herself.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1