By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4...which system(s) do you think the game will be released on?

royalcaribcruiser123 said:
I Believe that Star Ocean 4 is going to be on the PS3. I could be quite possible that Tri Ace and Square Enix are holding up the announcement for the system until it is further along in development. Also staring in August of this year the PS3 will start to get the RPG's that I have at least been waiting for to pluck down money For. Among the games are Disgaea 3, Valkyrie Chronicles, White Knight Chronicles, Final Fantasy XIII, White Knight Chronicles, Fallout 3, and The Last Remnant. These games will be a big test to see how well the PS3 will fare this Generation

Around the Network

The game so good we named it twice

so there! :)

@royalcaribcruiser123

I think you mean test how well JRPGs will do on the PS3

Riachu said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Riachu said:

I meant Tri-ace wanted to put the game on a very high tech system such as the PS3 and Xbox 360. I am a little skepical about SO4 being on the Wii since I am afraid that the wiimote controls will be poor and the game would be no fun at all

You need some actual proof that having HD graphics is what they prefer.

Plus just because you are afraid the controlswon't be good doesn't mean they actually won't be. How do you know they wouldn't screw it up with gamepad controls? Not likely, but the point is that we don't know yet. So you need a better reason to not want it on the Wii than a probability.

When SO4 was announced, Tri-Ace said that they were making this game to have HD(which is what they mean when they say beautiful) level graphics. I did not say I did not want it on the Wii. I just said I was merely skepical about the idea of SO4 being on the Wii. If SO4 is for the Wii, I will just hope Tri-ace can pull the control scheme off

Okay about the controls, but if they said beautiful, that could just mean art direction, unless you have proof they actually stated HD, not just a word you interpret to be HD. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@LordTheNightKnight

they are going for the same anime art direction the series has been using since it started back in 1996. I have no problem with the art style. In fact, watching anime is one of my hobbies. Star Ocean 3 was one of the better examples of the anime style done right. The only actual problem which was easily overlooked was the stonefaced facial expressions. Hopefully, Tri-ace can improve on that.

Around the Network
Riachu said:

@LordTheNightKnight

they are going for the same anime art direction the series has been using since it started back in 1996. I have no problem with the art style. In fact, watching anime is one of my hobbies. Star Ocean 3 was one of the better examples of the anime style done right. The only actual problem which was easily overlooked was the stonefaced facial expressions. Hopefully, Tri-ace can improve on that.

Well that just rules out the PSP and DS. The Wii could still do that. Although the PS3 might happen if they feel there is no other way to do it, but it's still up in the air until there is something official. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Riachu said:

@LordTheNightKnight

and crap voice acting, though it had an excellent script

Munkeh111 said:
Riachu said:

@LordTheNightKnight

and crap voice acting, though it had an excellent script

voice acting is not part of art direction.  IMO the vioce acting was pretty good for the main cast but some of the minor character's voices(ie. Farleen sounded like an annoying child) were indeed crap

PS3.
x360 can`t hold such graphics.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

i have just cheked out the trailers and i think it is safe to rule out the wii on this one lol. Does anyone know what engine this game is being built with beacuse that should have some indication as to what console(s) it will be on.

and i think a good reason for Sony not to anounce the gamce as an exclusive would be that Sony have been done over when it comes to keeping the games exclusive eg, assassins creed, Devil may cry 4