By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi Switch “making really good progress”, some updates on it later in 2018.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah Good Feel are useless when it comes to productivity, games like this and Woolly World should've taken 2 years to make, not 4-5.

Woolly World was made in 2.5-3 years not 4-5 years, also they had some other projects in same time period.

But what is far more important than deadline is actual product at end, and past 2D platforms they devolped like Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Woolly World were very good games (personaly for me they are one of best 2D platformers last 10 years), and I dont have any doubt that this new Yoshi will also be very good game.

Woolly World looked pretty but gameplay wise it was mediocre as room temperature milk. There were one or two cleverly designed levels but most of it was bland levels padded out with boring collectibles.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 June 2018

Around the Network

I'm honestly shocked they've been having so much trouble with this game, considering Nintendo is the master of platformers. They're just re-using assets from Woolly World so you'd figure this would be easy to ''pop out'' xD

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
I'm honestly shocked they've been having so much trouble with this game, considering Nintendo is the master of platformers. They're just re-using assets from Woolly World so you'd figure this would be easy to ''pop out'' xD

Not even the Yoshi model is the exact same so not sure what you are talking about?  It's all entirely new assets from what I can tell.  It's not even the same aesthetic theme.  It's not even the same engine.  

Also, this is Good Feel, not Nintendo propper.

LipeJJ said:

So... info will come in later 2018, which means it will show up on the event focused on 2019 games that Nintendo mentioned right before E3. I mean, I saw this coming, but it’s good to see even more confirmation. It should be an amazing Direct, probably better than the one at E3.

Well its epected they will talk about some early 2019. games in second half of 2018. so this probably means that Yoshi will be Q1 2019. game.

curl-6 said: 
Miyamotoo said: 

Woolly World was made in 2.5-3 years not 4-5 years, also they had some other projects in same time period.

But what is far more important than deadline is actual product at end, and past 2D platforms they devolped like Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Woolly World were very good games (personaly for me they are one of best 2D platformers last 10 years), and I dont have any doubt that this new Yoshi will also be very good game.

Woolly World looked pretty but gameplay wise it was mediocre as room temperature milk. There were one or two cleverly designed levels but most of it was bland levels padded out with boring collectibles.

Disagree, its very good game in any case and second best Yoshi game after SNES Yoshi Island.

Nuvendil said: 
PwerlvlAmy said: 
I'm honestly shocked they've been having so much trouble with this game, considering Nintendo is the master of platformers. They're just re-using assets from Woolly World so you'd figure this would be easy to ''pop out'' xD

Not even the Yoshi model is the exact same so not sure what you are talking about?  It's all entirely new assets from what I can tell.  It's not even the same aesthetic theme.  It's not even the same engine.  

Yeah, I mean its still 2D Yoshi game but they not reusing anything from last game if we talk about those matters.

Miyamotoo said: 
curl-6 said: 

Disagree, its very good game in any case and second best Yoshi game after SNES Yoshi Island.

That's not saying much, Yoshi's Island is the only good Yoshi game.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Yeah you could've fooled me. The game looks exactly to the same to me. I'm still bummed it didnt make it to 2018. 

PwerlvlAmy said:
Nuvendil said:

Yeah you could've fooled me. The game looks exactly to the same to me. I'm still bummed it didnt make it to 2018. 

In what way do the two look the same?  One is entirely centered on paper craft and cardboard, the other on yarn.  

In what way does this:

Look exactly like this:

Not only are the assets completely different, the rendering is entirely different (and immensely better I might add since it is using UE4).

As pretty as it looks, I kinda wish they didn't use that really heavy depth of field effect on the background, it kinda gives me a headache just looking at screenshots cos my eyes instinctively want to bring the background into focus.

Nuvendil said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

In what way do the two look the same?  One is entirely centered on paper craft and cardboard, the other on yarn.  

In what way does this:

Look exactly like this:

Not only are the assets completely different, the rendering is entirely different (and immensely better I might add since it is using UE4).

Basically the view is panned out farther in the new yoshi game than in woolly world. Graphically there's really not that much difference at all.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said: 

That's not saying much, Yoshi's Island is the only good Yoshi game.

Again disagree, Yoshi Woolly World is very good game

PwerlvlAmy said: 
Nuvendil said: 

In what way does this:

Basically the view is panned out farther in the new yoshi game than in woolly world. Graphically there's really not that much difference at all.

It very obvous that graphically there is huge difrence, fact is that they looking different, they using different assets, difrent aesthetic theme, and difrent engines, so saying they're just re-using assets is completely wrong. It still 2D colorful Yoshi game, but that dont makes it look same.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 25 June 2018