By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next Generation Benchmark Report Card Thread

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

My favourite is the creature, the girl looks a little weird , looks like she is covered in gasoline :P but its impressive too. If next gen looks like this quality i will be fucking happy !!!

What do you need to work on this stuff, what is your background, do you need to know a little bit of art and anatomy right?

I really picked the wrong stuff to go to university, modeling stuff like this sounds like a dream job.

It's not. Only the top 0.01% ever get jobs in the industry. 

Around the Network

How large (GB) will this make next gen games and to what extent does it rely on 4K/8K? Would it be wasted on a 1080p display?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
How large (GB) will this make next gen games and to what extent does it rely on 4K/8K? Would it be wasted on a 1080p display?

Resolution has no effect on graphics other than making them clearer. If they make a game with all the textures, lighting, shadows, and polycounts of that forest, you will still be able to see all those things in 1080p. 

Great content as usual CGI!

I really liked the pics you posted the other day in the Navi for PS5 thread. The biggest thing for me about the pics of Macy posted here is the way the dress looks. I really hope next gen we finally reach the point where clothes look like their own thing, and properly fit characters. The dress and bra on Macy look great, and I would love to see this in motion, to see how the cloth physics play out. If they can keep the physics proper, with this level of modeling, I will be very pleased.

I hope you will post some pics without the wet effect. I would love to see the level of detail you are expecting, with a standard character under normal conditions.

Looking at the forest, it again comes down to the physics and interactivity. At this level of detail, each leaf, each blade, each branch, and each rock, need to react properly. I still feel something is missing though in this scence. It doesn't really scream AAA next gen to me. I think we will see even more impressive stuff from 1st party studios even early on.

After seeing the trailers/gameplay demos of a few games at E3, my expectations for next gen are even higher. This gen is still impressing me as it is. Even with current gen, the modeling is looking really great, but the believability of things, once they are in motion is the biggest issue. Like I mentioned in the other thread, solving clipping issues, and making sure everything is interactive, with impeccable collision detection, is going to be a major factor for next gen. If we push the character models even further, but their arms clip when they are crossed, or their hair or weapon goes keeps passing through them, or foiliage passes through them, it is only going to become more and more jarring.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

great stuff here.....

I don't really have a doubt that visually we are in for a treat next gen, what I am really interested in though is the animation. I think thats the real area of focus next gen that would seperate it from this gen. Especially with regard to contextual animations.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
I'm with you, @HoloDust. I want real deformation on stuck like rocks, bark, wood, etc, etc... We're slowly getting there, but I want next gen stuff to really "behave" like next gen.

We need that bump in CPU capability to afford us such levels of simulation quality!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Macy looks great, but I simply do not see a PS5 being able to run a game with her in it. I feel like Macy is something out of the gen after next.

CGI-Quality said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Macy looks great, but I simply do not see a PS5 being able to run a game with her in it. I feel like Macy is something out of the gen after next.

Well, that's the purpose of this topic. To let people know just what's ahead. People often doubt because they just can't believe it. I was once one of those people. I now know better.

So the purposes of this thread isn't to show off what will be done next gen, but rather to show how far tech can possibly be taken, in terms of graphics? 

Ok, yeah. If Uncharted 4 can do that on the Pro then PS5 should have no problem with Macy. This thread is making me excited for next gen again. Something that hasn't happened since 2004.

Thanks for adding more pics. Glad to see what she looks like dry =). I think the idea of characters aging over the course of a game is really cool.

Will this be made easier due to new technology/tools, or just more viable, because it is possible to render minor nuances of aging?

Also, I was wondering if you have done any modeling in VR, and if so what your thoughts on it are? Would love to hear someones take that is not being paid, and shows a great level of skill.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL