By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie is aware of fans’ interest in Mother 3 and Animal Crossing for Switch

Many fans hope to see the announcement of games like Animal Crossing for Switch or the western release of Mother 3. There still wasn’t news on either of these last week, but Nintendo is definitely aware of the interest.

IGN spoke with Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime at E3. As a blanket statement regarding announcements for the company’s franchises, Reggie reiterated that information will be shared “close to its launch date versus teasing people for years on end.”

Reggie:

“When we have something to announce, we will. Fill in the blank of your favorite franchise. Our mentality will be we’ll announce information close to its launch date versus teasing people for years on end.”

In terms of Mother 3 in the west specifically, Reggie mentioned:

“Again, we know, I know there’s a fan base for that title. All I could say is we’re aware. It’s something that we always think about in terms of where there are opportunities to reintroduce IP to fans, to do it in a way that builds new fans, we’re certainly aware. No promises, no commitments one way or the other, but we’re aware.”

“It’s interesting. I show up at the Belasco [theater] and one fan is saying ‘Hi, Reggie!’ and another is saying ‘where’s Mother 3?'”

Reggie also addressed Animal Crossing as well. Though he doesn’t have anything to announce, Nintendo is aware of the interest there, and says the response to Pocket Camp “bodes well for whenever the next Animal Crossing might come.”

According to Reggie:

“I did see a lot of internet memes with sad faces from the Animal Crossing group. We see tremendous opportunity in using the mobile platform to introduce IP to consumers who may not be as familiar. Animal Crossing is a great example. Tremendous interaction with Pocket Camp. Fans are really enjoying that experience. We’re introducing it to new consumers. That bodes well for whenever the next Animal Crossing might come.”

Source 1 and Source 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Wish people would stop calling it Mother 3 in the West (which we are). It's Earthbound. Also, the fact that Reggie is commenting on this tells me they know they screwed up at E3. Nintendo doesn't acknowledge things otherwise.

Animal Crossing will come out on the Switch. Y'all need to stop worrying. It is made by the same team as the Splatoon team. They should be done with the game by 2019 to early 2020. So we should be seeing it NEXT E3. 

Also, Mother 3 being released is a meme at this point. Even Reggie attacked the subject in question.  I am surprised Nintendo hasn't just released the darn game so people would stop complaining about it. It has been what? 12 years of begging now?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Bristow9091 said:
I'm surprised there hasn't been a new Animal Crossing announced for Switch yet to be honest...

nintendo haven't expanding their EAD ever and games take longer to make now. its expected

also "aware" is being overused a lot

ofcourse they are aware. I can ask him on twitter for a port of bible adventures from NES and he will be aware

Last edited by MasterThief - on 20 June 2018

They have been "aware" of interest in Mother 3 ever since the Gameboy Advance days. It's the eternal carrot that they will keep waving in front of fans' faces.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
MasterThief said:

nintendo haven't expanding their EAD ever and games take longer to make now. its expected

also "aware" is being overused a lot

ofcourse they are aware. I can ask him on twitter for a port of bible adventures from NES and he will be aware

... Early Announcement Division?

No idea what EAD means but I like my definition of it, no need to announce games early if they're not ready yet, right? :P 

EAD stands for entertainment analaysis and development. its basically a lot of small internal development teams

most first party IPs are made by them

No new information to see here, move along.

The fact that he thinks fans are really enjoying Pocket Camp is proof positive he's not aware of reality at all.

Nintendo is a mystery.

I expecting Animal Crossing next year, and Mother 3 maybe even this year after paid online is launched.