By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Won May NPD ( PS4 > NSW > XBOx)

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

ok you are right the bet was switch. my memory is real bad lately, so far switch is behind 108k, thats a huge mountain to climb with nothing special.

Glad you remembered, we will see, from May Switch lineup is quite stronger compared to previous months, for instance this month Switch has Paladins, Fortnite, Mario Tennis Aces, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Lego The Incredibles..

Fantastic PS4 sales figures in usa again. Interesting is... Game of the Year 2018.. God of War, Spiderman or maybe Red Dead Redemption 2 - its very exciting. And for JRPG-Fans Ni No Kuni 2 or Dragon Quest XI. The funny is: The switch has old games-ports and casuals in focus, that's really very boring. And in this time, while the PS4 has the biggest flood of quality games. one big game after another - a wonderful time for gamer. In June - the PS4 will win again, I think. Actually, the PS4 would have to win every month - so many new games have appeared and will come in the next months. It will continue in 2019, the first 2019 quarter looks already strong (january/february: Days Gone, Kingdom Hearts 3, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Anthem ect) and there is much more to come.

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 21 June 2018

Around the Network
KazumaKiryu said:
Miyamotoo said:

Glad you remembered, we will see, from May Switch lineup is quite stronger compared to previous months, for instance this month Switch has Paladins, Fortnite, Mario Tennis Aces, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Lego The Incredibles..

Fantastic PS4 sales figures in usa again. Interesting is... Game of the Year 2018.. God of War, Spiderman or maybe Red Dead Redemption 2 - its very exciting. And for JRPG-Fans Ni No Kuni 2 or Dragon Quest XI. The funny is: The switch has old games-ports and casuals in focus, that's really very boring. And in this time, while the PS4 has the biggest flood of quality games. one big game after another - a wonderful time for gamer. In June - the PS4 will win again, I think. Actually, the PS4 would have to win every month - so many new games have appeared and will come in the next months. It will continue in 2019, the first 2019 quarter looks already strong (january/february: Days Gone, Kingdom Hearts 3, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Anthem ect) and there is much more to come.

I dont talk about Switch vs PS4 sales, but Switch sales for June of this years compared to Switch sales of June last year.

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

ok you are right the bet was switch. my memory is real bad lately, so far switch is behind 108k, thats a huge mountain to climb with nothing special.

Glad you remembered, we will see, from May Switch lineup is quite stronger compared to previous months, for instance this month Switch has Paladins, Fortnite, Mario Tennis Aces, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Lego The Incredibles..

I'm still waiting for the day a third party game will move nintendo systems, let alone old ports which have been on systems for months, aside from mario of course.

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Glad you remembered, we will see, from May Switch lineup is quite stronger compared to previous months, for instance this month Switch has Paladins, Fortnite, Mario Tennis Aces, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Lego The Incredibles..

I'm still waiting for the day a third party game will move nintendo systems, let alone old ports which have been on systems for months, aside from mario of course.

Well they are definitely moving system and keep momentum in some degree.

PS4 2nd year (2015) x Switch 2nd year (2018)

Jan - 190k / 270k
Feb - 340k / 280k
Mar - 330k / 310k
Apr - 175k / 170k
May - 155k / 165k
Jun - 370k
Jul - 220k
Aug - 210k
Sep - 355k
Oct - 275k
Nov - 1540k
Dec - 1580k

Switch is ahead by 5k.
From Resetera.

Switch will probably win Nov and Dec.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

probably to a very small insignificant  disagree, all i see is nintedo games in all the charts for switch. 

Miyamotoo said:

Jan - 190k / 270k
Feb - 340k / 280k
Mar - 330k / 310k
Apr - 175k / 170k
May - 155k / 165k
Jun - 370k
Jul - 220k
Aug - 210k
Sep - 355k
Oct - 275k
Nov - 1540k
Dec - 1580k

Switch is ahead by 5k.
From Resetera.

Switch is ahead only because it extra week in jan, lets not forget that, otherwise we are looking at it being 45k behind, i see june it falling behind by 150-170k, for December/nov i see 2.5 million combined, it wont beat ps4. 

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

probably to a very small insignificant  disagree, all i see is nintedo games in all the charts for switch. 

Miyamotoo said:

Jan - 190k / 270k
Feb - 340k / 280k
Mar - 330k / 310k
Apr - 175k / 170k
May - 155k / 165k
Jun - 370k
Jul - 220k
Aug - 210k
Sep - 355k
Oct - 275k
Nov - 1540k
Dec - 1580k

Switch is ahead by 5k.
From Resetera.

Switch is ahead only because it extra week in jan, lets not forget that, otherwise we are looking at it being 45k behind, i see june it falling behind by 150-170k, for December/nov i see 2.5 million combined, it wont beat ps4. 

Point is that some people are buying Switch in order to play some great 3rd party games in full handheld mode also, games like Skyrim, Doom, Fifa, NBA, Rocket League, Darks Souls, Dragon Ball...definatly are pushing some people to buy Switch, best selling Switch games are Nintendo games but 3rd party games are selling quite good also, quite better than they were selling on Wii U and even on Wii.

One week dont change nothing really, and it's not point if Switch is little ahead or PS4 is little ahead, point is that sales are very comparible. June will be win for PS4 most likely, but rest of months will be interesting. If I recall Switch last year sold around 2.5m in Nov-Dec period combined whitout single deal or bundle, this years with Pokemon and Smash Bros and with potential some deals and bundles, hardly that Switch will sell less than 3m combined in Nov/Dec period, so we probably talking around 3.5m combined for Nov+Dec not 2.5m.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 21 June 2018

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

Point is that some people are buying Switch in order to play some great 3rd party games in full handheld mode also, games like Skyrim, Doom, Fifa, NBA, Rocket League, Darks Souls, Dragon Ball...definatly are pushing some people to buy Switch, best selling Switch games are Nintendo games but 3rd party games are selling quite good also, quite better than they were selling on Wii U and even on Wii.

One week dont change nothing really, and it's not point if Switch is little ahead or PS4 is little ahead, point is that sales are very comparible. June will be win for PS4 most likely, but rest of months will be interesting. If I recall Switch last year sold around 2.5m in Nov-Dec period combined whitout single deal or bundle, this years with Pokemon and Smash Bros with potential some deals and bundles, hardly that Switch will sell less than 3m combined in Nov/Dec period, so we probably talking around 3.5m combined for Nov+Dec.

switch Sold 2.3 million last year for both months. i rememeber people saying the samething when pokemon came out on 3ds in october 2013, holidays sales were down for that year. by yea 3.5 million lets continue the hyperbole just like switch was suppose to destroy ps4 this year. last year switch a huge advantage in pent up demand.

Megiddo said:
I'd be impressed as hell if X1 won June. It has no games this month, didn't offer anything first party beyond Forza/Gears/Halo for E3, and this is the first time I believe that the PS4 pro has been discounted this year. Seriously, Microsoft has a giant mountain to climb to even get 2nd place and I'd give them full applause if they can top NPD for June. The cards are very much stacked against them.

Not all cards though.

It's gonna be a full $100 cheaper than the PS4. That's gonna move some units for sure.

It has begun. The biggest demand for the Switch has been fulfilled and the sales are going south slowly.