By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Won May NPD ( PS4 > NSW > XBOx)

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

This is funny coming from you, just get ready to have my pic on your avatar when you lose the bet. All we heard from you last year and early this year is how switch would demolish 2017 sales because of stock issues, now this year sales are down, sales are good but are closer to xbox great year then ps4 great year so far, even with the extra week switch got.

Quite bold post because come from that wrote that "Switch sales will fall of a cliff after Holiday season". :D

If you recall our bet is from April until August, April was down, May is slightly up, and Switch lineup is getting stronger from May and June.

This years Switch sales are currently very comparable to PS4 second year, and that with fact Switch still didnt had big game this year.

ok you are right the bet was switch. my memory is real bad lately, so far switch is behind 108k, thats a huge mountain to climb with nothing special.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Probably worth mentioning, Switch has now sold over 6 million in the US.

about the 20% down in NPD people were saying at on resetera and nobody corrected it, as for the spain numbers

I don't remember having posted here these Spanish Q1-2018 hardware sales data, things have probably changed notably since then but I think you might find them interesting.

Hardware:

Week 13, 2018

YTD vs Last YTD

PlayStation 4 (-12% YoY)
Nintendo Switch (-20% YoY)
Xbox One (+18% YoY)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pal-charts-week-24-2018.49847/page-3

As expected.

Megiddo said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Though I think Smash Bros + Pokemon Let's Go is going to make Nintendo take December and defintely Q1 of 2019.

I definitely agree that Nintendo will easily take December, but have you seen the Q1 slate for PS4? It's pretty stacked.

I haven't looked at it, but I'm assuming it doesn't include The Last of Us 2.  It would need to have a game at least that big to have a chance against the Pokemon + Smash momentum that is going to be coming from the holidays.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Megiddo said:

I definitely agree that Nintendo will easily take December, but have you seen the Q1 slate for PS4? It's pretty stacked.

I haven't looked at it, but I'm assuming it doesn't include The Last of Us 2.  It would need to have a game at least that big to have a chance against the Pokemon + Smash momentum that is going to be coming from the holidays.

I look forward to when pokemon and smash  releases so hyperbole can end. people like to ignore the fact that  3ds was having a great run for the first 2 years at 179$, then third year mainline pokemon came out, and guess what sales during the holidays didn't explode it was weaker then the last 2 years in fact, this was a machine at 179$ very affordable for parent to buy for the kids, but lets ignore that and continue the hyperbole.

Around the Network

Good to see the XB1 up YOY, but still needs to put up better numbers overall.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Having a blast here in Russia but don't have much access to Internet. Just arrived in Nizhny Novgorod and this news is a great start to my day. Easy win for the ps4 and gow on top. This crossplay fiasco bs won't change a thing. All I see on twitter is people pretending they are life long playstation fans going to switch to xbox. Sales will prove absolutely otherwise.

Kerotan said:
Having a blast here in Russia but don't have much access to Internet. Just arrived in Nizhny Novgorod and this news is a great start to my day. Easy win for the ps4 and gow on top. This crossplay fiasco bs won't change a thing. All I see on twitter is people pretending they are life long playstation fans going to switch to xbox. Sales will prove absolutely otherwise.

I can already see the narrative for June forming.  XBO will probably win because of the $199 deal, but PS4 will still post good numbers.  Still, you will hear, "See, the PS4 lost because of the controversy.  It's hurting sales."

I'd be impressed as hell if X1 won June. It has no games this month, didn't offer anything first party beyond Forza/Gears/Halo for E3, and this is the first time I believe that the PS4 pro has been discounted this year. Seriously, Microsoft has a giant mountain to climb to even get 2nd place and I'd give them full applause if they can top NPD for June. The cards are very much stacked against them.

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Quite bold post because come from that wrote that "Switch sales will fall of a cliff after Holiday season". :D

If you recall our bet is from April until August, April was down, May is slightly up, and Switch lineup is getting stronger from May and June.

This years Switch sales are currently very comparable to PS4 second year, and that with fact Switch still didnt had big game this year.

ok you are right the bet was switch. my memory is real bad lately, so far switch is behind 108k, thats a huge mountain to climb with nothing special.

Glad you remembered, we will see, from May Switch lineup is quite stronger compared to previous months, for instance this month Switch has Paladins, Fortnite, Mario Tennis Aces, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Lego The Incredibles..

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 21 June 2018