By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nomura: FFVII Remake Development Moving Faster Than Expected.

So maybe a 2020-2021 release??

That's only 5-6 years of development.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

After 15 i dont have any faith in Square. Finished it on PC and it was really bad. I mean the combat! And this remake will have almost the same combat again. Square is good at makeing turnbased combat not action. For this they should hire platinum Studio or Team Ninja.

Huh, we'll see. You'd think they would want the FF7R to be shown at E3 of all places. Even though myself and others were hoping we'd see the FF7R at E3, I am actually glad they didn't show much new stuff like say new humongous, big, 5 plus years away projects. I guess either they're learning from announcing things too soon, or they just wanted to give KH3 and their other games the full spotlight.   Nomura or somebody else  has said before about having the avalanche members being developed more, so no new tidbits there unfortunately.

Last edited by LMU Uncle Alfred - on 20 June 2018

Lube Me Up

So 2025, instead of 2026? Good news.

Hmm, pie.

Translation error?

Around the Network

hope we can see something at tokio game show, maybe with release window

I hope they flesh out Jenova more this time. She could have easily had her own game

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Talk is cheap.

Naum said:
So maybe a 2020-2021 release??

That's only 5-6 years of development.

Yeah...for Part 1. Remember, they're treating each section of the game as its own full release. So if part 2 and 3 each take a year riding off the engine's takeoff, it's still a 8-9 years development.

KLAMarine said:
Talk is cheap.

Exactly, we've been through this before with Square Enix. I don't listen to a single word they say now, just show us. I just can't ride a 10 year development cycle for 1 game.

Until it releases I won't consider this announcements with great relevance.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."