By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Post E3: Microsoft's First-Party/Exclusives Problem Isn't Solved

jason1637 said:
quickrick said:

I think people overhype exclusives in terms of selling hardware, before GOW was huge hit, what sony exlusive has sold over 10 million, other then uncharted 4. sony brand is just much stronger WW, and they nailed with the hardware, compared to Microsoft,  as well as advertisement. 

Gran Turismo and TLOU come to find

last of us was a ps3 port on a install base of 80 million, so i doubt people were buying ps4 for it, it was mostly bundled anyway. GT sport hasn't even sold 4 million. all you have to do is look at us sales PS4 has a small 3 million lead in 4 years, probably cause its best place to play mulitplats, especially with the hype of how the hardware was so much better then xbone.

Around the Network

I think their first party problem will never change even in the future u know why because it's microsoft.kinda impressed how they just steer the focus away from actual excusives games to most powerful hardware,online subscription and services, backward compatibility etc etc.and now all the fanboys bragging about the same thing .they don't care about games they just want dozen of online services.when Phil Spencer said that they are going to fix their hardware problem first instead of software and the SP games doesn't matter statement then it was clear that they are done with xbon1.xbox doesn't have any generation going forward so it will be interesting what Xbox does next.but gotta hand it to their pr department they are like the spin master of this gen.

LordLichtenstein said:
Nautilus said:
Well, while I do agree with you, they just showed what their game plan is (the acquisition of 5 new studios) and it does look promising.So while I agree on the premise, I dont agree 100% with the conclusion.Plus, we will get a new Battletoads man.BATTLETOADS!

Sure acquiring 4 new studios is a step in the right direction, but two out of the four were already making Microsoft exclusive titles, Forza Horizon and State of Decay respectively, so them being acquired won't amount to more exclusives. Compulsion Games' track record is far from interesting, and I'm not expecting great things from them. With that being said, I applaud Microsoft for acquiring Ninja Theory, that studio is so talented and unique.

I never really played Battletoads, my friend. :)

Acquiring them most likely means that MS is going to invest more aggressively on them, which in turn means that their team will grow in size, and they will probably be able to tackle at least one big project and start another at once, or maybe two at once.Plus wasnt Playground tackling another project already, that isnt Forza?

What i meant is, I think we can expect more st the very least from the studios that have already been making MS games for a while.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
LordLichtenstein said:

Sure acquiring 4 new studios is a step in the right direction, but two out of the four were already making Microsoft exclusive titles, Forza Horizon and State of Decay respectively, so them being acquired won't amount to more exclusives. Compulsion Games' track record is far from interesting, and I'm not expecting great things from them. With that being said, I applaud Microsoft for acquiring Ninja Theory, that studio is so talented and unique.

I never really played Battletoads, my friend. :)

Acquiring them most likely means that MS is going to invest more aggressively on them, which in turn means that their team will grow in size, and they will probably be able to tackle at least one big project and start another at once, or maybe two at once.Plus wasnt Playground tackling another project already, that isnt Forza?

What i meant is, I think we can expect more st the very least from the studios that have already been making MS games for a while.

After watching the New Forza Horizon game, I would love for Playground Games to turn that into a Fable game which was the rumor of their new project.  Tech wise I would say Ninja Theory is right there with the best.  Maybe having a bigger budget and larger team, we can see something truly special from them.  I am thinking some along the lines of a Uncharted or GOD of War type of action adventure.  Maybe next year E3 could be interesting seeing the new Halo engine in play, Playground comes out with Fable and a brand new AAA from Ninja Theory.

uh it just happened and games take a few years.

its not a mobile game or CoD. not everything works on a yearly schedule.

looks at OP avatar... rolls eyes. exhibit A on it doesn't fucking matter.