By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So... Will Nintendo be able to ship those 20 million Switch units?

AlfredoTurkey said:
Wyrdness said:

No Nintendo have said it's a mainline title it's just not aimed solely at core fans they've only said the game next year is more core focused so its like 2d and 3d Mario.

If that's true, then I'm REALLY fucking insulted.  

Why? Were you insulted that the is 2d and 3d Mario as well? Both are mainline games that have different goals same with Pokemon LG and the upcoming traditional game.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
I don't like the game either, but I recognize it is a mainline title, a stripped and watered down entry that doesn't advance the series forward in any substantial ways (besides co-op), but still mainline. The changes to wild encounters isn't a fundamental difference. The end result is still the same, and you've still got your battling, trading and adventuring all intact. Actual spin-offs like Mystery Dungeon, Rumble, Quest, etc. are wholly different games.

...but it's not a mainline title. Even Nintendo (new core title coming in 2019) said so. 

I heard Nintendo said it was still a main series game even if not for the core fans. Well regardless what I said remains.

EDIT: @17:24 in the presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ_qtyOa5Dg

Lonely_Dolphin said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

...but it's not a mainline title. Even Nintendo (new core title coming in 2019) said so. 

I heard Nintendo said it was still a main series game even if not for the core fans. Well regardless what I said remains.

Nintendo can call it what ever they want, but when nintendo says its not for the core fanbase, it's hard to take the game seriously as a mainline pokemon.

Wyrdness said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If that's true, then I'm REALLY fucking insulted.  

Why? Were you insulted that the is 2d and 3d Mario as well? Both are mainline games that have different goals same with Pokemon LG and the upcoming traditional game.

2D and 3D Mario were totally different games and everyone knew it. If Nintendo wants people to buy into this being just another mainline Pokemon Gen, then they're flat out delusional. We all know this isn't "true" Pokemon. This isn't a "true" gen. We all know next year is the year we finally get what we all want. So for Nintendo to try to insinuate that this casual thing is a mainline title... it insults my intelligence and the intelligence of every other gamer waiting for a true next gen Pokemon game. 

quickrick said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Nintendo can call it what ever they want, but when nintendo says its not for the core fanbase, it's hard to take the game seriously as a mainline pokemon.

Then don't, like they said the game isn't for you then.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Wyrdness said:

2D and 3D Mario were totally different games and everyone knew it. If Nintendo wants people to buy into this being just another mainline Pokemon Gen, then they're flat out delusional. We all know this isn't "true" Pokemon. This isn't a "true" gen. We all know next year is the year we finally get what we all want. So for Nintendo to try to insinuate that this casual thing is a mainline title... it insults my intelligence and the intelligence of every other gamer waiting for a true next gen Pokemon game. 

Lets Go and the new Gen are different games as well so? They said it's a mainline game not a new gen, mainline doesn't mean new gen as far as they're concerned, the mainline Pokemon simply has branched into two parallel paths much like NSMB and 3D Mario so claiming it insults your intelligence when it's not even the mainline branch geared towards you is more you insulting your own intelligence as they've already told people the plan here.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
quickrick said:

Then don't, like they said the game isn't for you then.

Well were talking about sales, it will be very interesting how the reception is, especially with how games are selling these days due to hype on the internet, and metracrtic reviews.

Wyrdness said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Lets Go and the new Gen are different games as well so? They said it's a mainline game not a new gen, mainline doesn't mean new gen as far as they're concerned, the mainline Pokemon simply has branched into two parallel paths much like NSMB and 3D Mario so claiming it insults your intelligence when it's not even the mainline branch geared towards you is more you insulting your own intelligence as they've already told people the plan here.

2D and 3D Mario were NEVER the same universe. NSMB Wii and Galaxy were totally different cannons. 

Let's Go will outsell the main game anyways.

The game had the biggest line and the longest wait at e3 bigger than spiderman, smash or any other game at the convention.

Ah, so Pokemon Lets Go was playable at E3. Interesting. Will have to read up on details about it since I heard nothing about the demo from any of the gaming podcasts I listened to that covered E3.