By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Octopath Traveler (Second Demo Out Today)

Wyrdness said:
Nautilus said:
Thats really nice, thought I dont think it was really necessary.

Nevertheless, Im skipping this one.I already know Im getting the game, and playing the demo would be kind of spoilery to me(at least I feel that way9, so Ill just wait for the game itself to launch.

Progress in the demo is carried over, I think it's the first chapter of the game.

Still, I prefer to play the first chapter of every character when I have the game in my hands.Plus I already played the first demo and I know for certain that I want this game.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Wyrdness said:

Progress in the demo is carried over, I think it's the first chapter of the game.

Still, I prefer to play the first chapter of every character when I have the game in my hands.Plus I already played the first demo and I know for certain that I want this game.

Maybe that will be the demo. You get to play the prologue for every character. That way you have an idea of which of the eight characters you want to begin the "REAL" adventure with.

We essentially got the ch. 1 for 2 of the characters already right? Or whatever that first demo was in relation to the story.

irstupid said:
Nautilus said:

Maybe that will be the demo. You get to play the prologue for every character. That way you have an idea of which of the eight characters you want to begin the "REAL" adventure with.

We essentially got the ch. 1 for 2 of the characters already right? Or whatever that first demo was in relation to the story.

I dont think they would put that much work behind the demo, but I guess it could be.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

For those in the US it's released at 10pm

Just finished my three hour playthrough, got almost through three of the characters before it ended. Been on the fence with the game because i have had issues with turn-based games but this demo really pushed on the buy-side.

Around the Network
melbye said:

Just finished my three hour playthrough, got almost through three of the characters before it ended. Been on the fence with the game because i have had issues with turn-based games but this demo really pushed on the buy-side.

Oh it's a timed demo? Only 3 hours and your done?

irstupid said:
melbye said:

Oh it's a timed demo? Only 3 hours and your done?

Yes, once the savegame reach 3 hours it's over

Marth said:
melbye said:

I am currently at 2 hours so one more to go.

Which character did you chose at the start and what level did you reach after those 3 hours? :)

Olberic. He was Level 11 when it ended.

I thought I might slowly play through all the prologues and have them all done just before the full game arrives, but it only gives you 3 hours?
Seems a bit ridiculous, but oh well, I'll just wait after all.

Almost at the end of my demo. Started with Primrose again, went and got Tressa and Olberic too. This game is incredible. It's exactly what I've been wanting on the Switch. Happy I preordered, can't wait for it to drop next month.