By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - From Software 2004 Classic Metal Wolf Chaos Anounced For PS4/Xbox One/PC.

https://mobile.twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1006012882646007809?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231006012882646007809

Announcing Metal Wolf Chaos XD, an updated version of FromSoftware’s legendary 2004 Xbox release previously only available in Japan. Coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. #MechAmericaGreatAgain

Around the Network

XD

Never even knew about this game. Will buy it if it winds up getting good reviews.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Never even knew about this game. Will buy it if it winds up getting good reviews.

The reviews definitely won't be good. It's a game that acquired a cult following but wasn't well received. I imagine by today's standards it will receive worse reviews. 

think-man said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

The reviews definitely won't be good. It's a game that acquired a cult following but wasn't well received. I imagine by today's standards it will receive worse reviews. 

Well to be fair, it was never released in the states. It was Japan only. So not sure how it could have not been well received. Unless you’re talking from a pure Japanese perspective of their opinions on the original game. 

Around the Network
think-man said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Only Japanese review outlet I know of is Famitsu, and they can really miss the mark sometimes. 

Devolver Digital will almost certainly be my favorite conference this year. The way they openly and bluntly mock the latest monetization methods (last year was early access and selling in-game content and this year was lootboxes and crypto) is just so entertaining. I love that they continue to satirize E3 conferences in general as well. The character of Nina Struthers is by far my favorite thing to come out of E3. MWC is silly as hell, look forward to picking it upon Steam along with that Pedro bullet-time shooter game.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
think-man said:

Well to be fair, it was never released in the states. It was Japan only. So not sure how it could have not been well received. Unless you’re talking from a pure Japanese perspective of their opinions on the original game. 

You are acting like Japanese aren't people. I don't think it needs to be stated that where it did release, it wasn't well received. I thought that part was obvious. 

think-man said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

You are acting like Japanese aren't people. I don't think it needs to be stated that where it did release, it wasn't well received. I thought that part was obvious. 

No nothing like that. I just didn’t know it wasn’t well received. And for the record, the Japanese are my favorite ppl on the planet. I wish I lived in Japan. They’re beautiful amazing ppl.