By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let me remind you all that Cyberpunk 2077 will be revealed today /

John2290 said:
Chazore said:
The Ghost in the Shell game we deserve.

The hype is real.

If Ghost in the shell moved its setting to Sunny california or Florida and lost all sense off its mood. This is cyberpunk obviously and not ghost in the shell. Anyway, the biggest concern right now is the camera perspective, everything else I'm sure CDPR can pull off, even if it's giving off a Watch dogs 2 fifty years later vibe. 

I meant in the sense of a technological cyberpunk future, where people augment themselves with cyber prosthetics. Also dealing with mind jacking and mech drones. 

The main thing is, is that it is the closed thing we're getting to Ghost in the Shell. The previous Ghost in the Shell counter strike clone has been shut down, which means this game is the closet thing. 

I know it's likely to have a third person perspective, and quite possibly first person as well.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Been all but confirmed for a while that we'd just get a trailer at E3 with an hour of gameplay shown behind closed doors. We'll probably get some of that later this year with some press impression in the meantime. Character customization is highly likely, including old tabletop roles (cop, hacker, etc) and maybe a mix of 3rd and 1st person.

I'm not gonna get overly excited until I see some gameplay, I'm just glad the game's finally officially back. Can't wait for more.

Meh.

The cinematic trailer that aired just hours ago was kinda dumb. I much prefer the feel of intrigue and harrow from it's reveal trailer in 2012. This new one has way too much Hollywood bullshit going on.

Deus Ex Theft Auto

(but... I'm buying it)

Around the Network

Well, more colorful than expected, probably also more humorous in tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2kIfS6fb8

John2290 said:
Chazore said:

I meant in the sense of a technological cyberpunk future, where people augment themselves with cyber prosthetics. Also dealing with mind jacking and mech drones. 

The main thing is, is that it is the closed thing we're getting to Ghost in the Shell. The previous Ghost in the Shell counter strike clone has been shut down, which means this game is the closet thing. 

I know it's likely to have a third person perspective, and quite possibly first person as well.

Man I hope so, dual perspective would be the best and if they truly have cemented on FP it's not to late to work on TP although it'll be much harder than vice versus. 

If it is first person it won't be the worst thing but it'll definitely kill it for a lot of people.

Well we were able to mod W3 to give us a first person perspective, so I was left wondering if they took those hints and desires on board. I always had a feeling that 2077 was going to have a third person perspective, because it'd make sense with it's character creation system (seriously, Dying Light's is shit when only your friend can see the skins you're wearing, and it's only in 1st person mode).

I'd love for the option to play with both perspectives,as I'd prefer going 1st person for in depth conversations with other characters, and third person for moving around the world and possibly switch between both for combat. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

John2290 said:

Totally agreed, both would be the premium experience and get some of that Scrolls/fallout goodness going but I'm talking if they set out with 1st person in mind.  I'd much rather 3rd person faced witht the choice.Try modding a 1st person game to be third person, unless the devs had it it mind or took no short cuts it'd be near impossible even for CDPR to do provided they are far enough into development to show gameplay, fingers crossed for the sony conference.

If it does end up being 1st person might aswell go play Deus EX and imagine it's Cyberpunk.

It's weird, but I cannot think of a time where someone modded a first person game into third person (that is if they even found a 3D model in the game's files to tweak with). With third eprson games, first person mods seem like a common idea to go with for the modding community.

I wouldn't mind if it was 1st person, but it'd have to make the movement pretty free style, and not confined like you're playing CoD MW2 (despite me loving that game, movement was stiff). I'd especially not want to see mouse acceleration within the game. DE:MKD has forced mouse acceleration, and that will forever annoy the shit out of me, due to how wavy the movements feel. 

I don't even know what to expect, but it should be a good game if they live up to their reputation. I just hope excessive hype and wait won't somehow spoil it undeservedly and just for their psychological effect.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!