By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Doug Ford is Premier of Ontario -_-

flashfire926 said:
As long as it's anyone that's not the liberals, I'm happy about it.

Thats not healthy.   You can't be so blinded by your hate for one side that you accept another side no matter what.   It is so easy to exploit people who have irrational bias. 

I see value in the ideas of conservatism and liberalism.  I don't understand how people become so militantly polarized.  Its a sickness. 

Around the Network
HomokHarcos said:
Megiddo said:

That's like, what, a governor of a US state? It's not even a national office?

Yes but Ontario is more important to Canada (around 1/3 of Canada's population) than any state.

Only Ontarians and Albertans have that kind of arrogance.

MoHasanie said:
I hoped for an NDP win but conservatives will be best for business and the economy.

Helping business and the economy is going to lead to devastating the environment.

vivster said:
Mar1217 said:

No, I think you were thinking about Rob Ford instead.

Though, same familly name, same addictions,lol.

It's his brother. Fun fact, he was Toronto Mayor before his brother.

Seems like they have some kind of pact to take down all of Canada.

That's what I'm thinking to. Fucking Fords. Be it the politicians or the car maker you can't trust Fords.

CladInShadows said:
HomokHarcos said:

Yes but Ontario is more important to Canada (around 1/3 of Canada's population) than any state.

Only Ontarians and Albertans have that kind of arrogance.

Because people from other provinces know that their province isn't the dominant one. Ontario has the capital Ottawa and the largest city Toronto.

CosmicSex said:
flashfire926 said:
As long as it's anyone that's not the liberals, I'm happy about it.

Thats not healthy.   You can't be so blinded by your hate for one side that you accept another side no matter what.   It is so easy to exploit people who have irrational bias. 

I see value in the ideas of conservatism and liberalism.  I don't understand how people become so militantly polarized.  Its a sickness. 

seriously, who are you to tell me I have irrational bias? I'm not "hating" on the liberals for no reason. And no, I don't have any sickness.

And I mean the liberal party of canada, not liberals in general.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
HomokHarcos said:
EricHiggin said:

Hopefully Ford follows in Trumps footsteps and lets the free economy do it's thing. There is not near enough competition and way to much of a monopoly in Ontario and Canada and it's slowly crushing everything. In the last 15 years working in Ontario, I've seen the quality and progress of work in general decline rapidly. Not only that, but the jobs that require hard work and sacrifice are everywhere and pay amazing but nobody takes them because it means working hard and dedication, something that is in short supply in Ontario at the moment.

I hope Rogers finally gets competition. They have a monopoly despite their very slow internet.

There are some smaller ISP's growing fairly rapidly, but they are still far from Bell or Rogers reign. It's going to be a while yet before anyone forces them to compete. By that time I can see those smaller to medium size ISP's joining together to form one large corp to compete, but then we end up back in a similar boat anyway. I know people around here that still go with Bell even though their service is the same but costs considerably more with a much lesser data cap. Until people themselves smarten up and force the big dogs to play nice, they won't. If people would only use social media to create an uprising like the NFL saw, the problems could be solved much sooner than later. Initially you would only get a cheaper price for the service, but it would lead to the system being upgraded much faster. Over and over the people have a piece of wood and a nail, but use anything but the free market (hammer) to nail it in. Then they complain that the nail is bent and the wood is crooked or falling off and can't figure out why.

seeing the reactions. i like this guy.

The biggest surprise for me here is that Canadian governors are called Premiers.

I'll remember that for bar trivia.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Ontario Conservative Voters

Ontario Liberal & NDP Voters