By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Doug Ford is Premier of Ontario -_-

As long as it's anyone that's not the liberals, I'm happy about it.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

Instead of shitting on conservatives, liberals should try to figure out what pushes people away from them. I mean it should be easy to win when you're the "good guys", right?

I hoped for an NDP win but conservatives will be best for business and the economy.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Kirin_gaming said:

Instead of shitting on conservatives, liberals should try to figure out what pushes people away from them. I mean it should be easy to win when you're the "good guys", right?

And offer promises of "free" goodies. 

You're the type of person who measures success in the amount of money being spent. Can't trust anything you say.
People like you are the reason why people are turning away from the liberal party, you think irrationally. And you say you are the good guys when this is how you speak and think. Conservatives will win in 2019, and the country will prosper once more in the shadow of Alberta's oil.
Get with reality.

Around the Network

LOL! So has the Canadian trump actually been elected or is he just saying that for dramatic effect? The emissions and immigrant relations are at critical levels captain!

He's far from Trump.. Not nearly that Elite! We've now got one more premiere to help attack Justin on a daily basis!

Keep in mind that this is for one province. Not at the federal level. The premiere of one province isn't going to cause Canada to lose what makes it great.

I voted NDP. The Liberals of course were pretty bad and when they realized they were going to lose this election they made some good promises but it was too little too late.

Ontario has a massive debt and not just in comparison to other provinces in Canada. That debt has doubled in just the last 10 years or so, that's insane. Who was in power the entire time and longer? The Liberals. Ontario used to be the sugar daddy and give hand outs to the other less profitable provinces, and now it's the other way around.

Spending money to stop the economy from crashing or stagnating isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when you just simply keep spending money, hiring more government workers, paying those workers more and more, propping up the unions, helping them more and more, propping up the min wage to an unsustainable amount, and racking up debt, your going to either lose or crash the economy eventually. Money isn't free and doesn't grow on tree's, someone has to eventually pay for it, and when it's not you paying for it, it's pretty easy to keep spending.

Hopefully Ford follows in Trumps footsteps and lets the free economy do it's thing. There is not near enough competition and way to much of a monopoly in Ontario and Canada and it's slowly crushing everything. In the last 15 years working in Ontario, I've seen the quality and progress of work in general decline rapidly. Not only that, but the jobs that require hard work and sacrifice are everywhere and pay amazing but nobody takes them because it means working hard and dedication, something that is in short supply in Ontario at the moment.

Now if only we could have Kevin O'Leary as PM we would be all set. Canada and Ontario would become Trumps best friends and we could all become great again.

P.S. I didn't even bother voting. When I saw the media showing polls with the NDP neck and neck with the Conservatives I knew it was B.S. just like Hillary way up on Trump. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump runs again he wins as big as Ford did.