By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. June bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

xl-klaudkil said:
Sony is getting absolutely destroyed by nintendo,how the tables has turned!

I know, it's almost like Sony and Amazon are having a dispute resulting in Amazon not stocking a lot of Sony goods. Such devastation.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
xl-klaudkil said:

I know, it's almost like Sony and Amazon are having a dispute resulting in Amazon not stocking a lot of Sony goods. Such devastation.

Is this a thing? I'm looking for a press release regarding this matter.

Mario Odyssey taking the lead for the year until Smash and pokemon comes out.

xl-klaudkil said:

Sony and AmazonUSA have a dispute for weeks. AmazonUSA no longer sells new PS4 consoles, including PS4 Exclusive Games - produced directly by Sony. So no "pre order" to Spiderman, Days Gone, Last of Us 2 ect. That is the reason = "no sony console-games producs" ect in the bestseller. Its only amazon.com (usa), an editor received the answer on request that no new Sony consoles will be sold on Amazon.com in the future - is that true? Maybe yes, looks like that. But it was not called a reason. A bad situation and strange.

i have a question, @Marth. I honestly do not understand why you support AmazonUSA - by encouraging them and spreading their american bestseller charts every day. Why not AmazonUK, France, Germany ? If Nintendo consoles were no longer sold on AmazonUSA, we would not publish any american bestsellers here - but from other major video game countries(why not the biggest europe-amazon-market?) . At least in your US posts every day, one could insert a sentence that Sony may no longer sell their products (new consoles, Sony Exclusives and Collections) - this information is missing. The situation on amazonUSA is not fair, the "besteller-result" is false.

edit. The USbestseller-charts are not correct if a big publisher is no longer allowed to sell their own games and consoles. Thats a fact -.- Sorry for my opinion, but this view was also shared by other readers here last month. VGChartz is a good page, for me and other people the best. Why is no solution sought or a compromise for this thread?

edit2: What do you think ? Maybe a idea..? But i wish you a great day and E3 :)

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 08 June 2018

I don't see anything wrong with continuing to post Amazon bestsellers. Pretty much everyone but the most obstinate Switch supporters have come to accept that Amazon can't be used as a measuring stick in terms of NPD anymore. Sure, you'll get some people who think that Amazon reflects the current state of the American video game market, but luckily Symbios63 has been doing a phenomenal job grooming together data that has so far done pretty well in terms of NPD rankings/ratio.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235297&page=26

Around the Network

Switch and Nintendo games are doing so well on amazon anyway it's not like they are loosing a market.

KazumaKiryu said: 

i have a question, @Marth. I honestly do not understand why you support AmazonUSA - by encouraging them and spreading their american bestseller charts every day. If Nintendo consoles were no longer sold on AmazonUSA, we would not publish any american bestsellers here - but from other major video game countries(why not the biggest europe-amazon-market?) . The situation on amazonUSA is not fair, the "besteller-result" is false.

is this for real?? Oh my...

KazumaKiryu said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Sony and AmazonUSA have a dispute for weeks. AmazonUSA no longer sells new PS4 consoles, including PS4 Exclusive Games - produced directly by Sony. So no "pre order" to Spiderman, Days Gone, Last of Us 2 ect. That is the reason = "no sony console-games producs" ect in the bestseller. Its only amazon.com (usa), an editor received the answer on request that no new Sony consoles will be sold on Amazon.com in the future - is that true? Maybe yes, looks like that. But it was not called a reason. A bad situation and strange.

i have a question, @Marth. I honestly do not understand why you support AmazonUSA - by encouraging them and spreading their american bestseller charts every day. Why not AmazonUK, France, Germany ? If Nintendo consoles were no longer sold on AmazonUSA, we would not publish any american bestsellers here - but from other major video game countries(why not the biggest europe-amazon-market?) . At least in your US posts every day, one could insert a sentence that Sony may no longer sell their products (new consoles, Sony Exclusives and Collections) - this information is missing. The situation on amazonUSA is not fair, the "besteller-result" is false.

edit. The USbestseller-charts are not correct if a big publisher is no longer allowed to sell their own games and consoles. Thats a fact -.- Sorry for my opinion, but this view was also shared by other readers here last month. VGChartz is a good page, for me and other people the best. Why is no solution sought or a compromise for this thread?

edit2: What do you think ? Maybe a idea..? But i wish you a great day and E3 :)

The Amazon threads have always been US centered. Because it was used to predict sales for NPD. And US is a big market. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

As Nintendo is rising in the US, it actually seems to be falling in other Amazon markets in recent times with a concurrent resurgence of the PS4 in those markets.

Infact Sony has taken over Amazon JP for a while now even if MC has not backed up the resurgence in actual sales.

duduspace1 said:

As Nintendo is rising in the US, it actually seems to be falling in other Amazon markets in recent times with a concurrent resurgence of the PS4 in those markets.

Infact Sony has taken over Amazon JP for a while now even if MC has not backed up the resurgence in actual sales.

Sooo this Nintendo Bias in Amazon are just happening in the US?

Pocky Lover Boy!