By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict lifetime sales of Octopath Traveler

I think it will sell...

Less than 1 million 14 9.52%

1-2 million 79 53.74%

2-3 million 40 27.21%

Over 3 million 14 9.52%

Total:147

I voted 2-3 million worldwide. The game is excellent and I think it will have legs as long as the Switch has legs. I honestly think it will break a million in Japan only.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:

8 million ?

A bit late to the party, but considering the buzz this game has now i wouldn't be surprised if it manged to surpass 3m. But i will be reservative and vote for 2-3. It will definitely do more than 2 life time, but 3 might be hard to reach, so i will guess around 2.8 or so.

Octopath restock at Yodobashi Camera sells out across all stores within 3 hours

https://gonintendo.com/stories/314141-octopath-traveler-news-stock-replenishment-sells-out-celebrity

Now, we know from Square that the restock was small, but still, there's clear demand for the title.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 21 July 2018

It's bizarre how the Switch is fast becoming a platform for Jrpgs when it's previous successors were known for not even coming close to the genre, the number of entries of the genre would hardly hit double digits.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

It's bizarre how the Switch is fast becoming a platform for Jrpgs when it's previous successors were known for not even coming close to the genre, the number of entries of the genre would hardly hit double digits.

The Switch is inheriting Nintendo's home and handheld market. The DS and 3DS are JRPG powerhouses. Th Switch is just continuing that trend. Nintendo's home consoles didn't get many JRPGs after the SNES because of budget and competition.  So the Switch being such a JRPG powerhouse it to be expected.  

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

FW: 500,000 LT: 2-3 Million (depending on legs, it could be even more)

Right now I'm saying 2m - 3m, but I'd like to see a couple weeks of data to get a better guess.

killeryoshis said:
Wyrdness said:

The Switch is inheriting Nintendo's home and handheld market. The DS and 3DS are JRPG powerhouses. Th Switch is just continuing that trend. Nintendo's home consoles didn't get many JRPGs after the SNES because of budget and competition.  So the Switch being such a JRPG powerhouse it to be expected.  

Yeah, the HD era makes doing graphics a much more expensive and complicated undertaking so for many JRPG developers instead of going to home consoles they went to portable systems which over time developed graphics on par with previous generations. The Switch is poised to inherit those developers, especially since despite it having the power to do more in the current climate they do not necessarily have to.

RIP to those that said less than 1million! xD
Did that in less than 1 month!!!

Pocky Lover Boy!