By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Team Sonic Racing gameplay footage

shikamaru317 said:
Looks alot like Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed gameplay wise, which is definitely not a bad thing. I still wish it was a proper 3rd All-Stars game with characters from other Sega games instead of just Sonic characters, but it looks good at least.

+1

Around the Network

I'll probably buy it regardless but I do miss characters from other SEGA IPs

Well... i hope the tracks get better. That one does look to be on the simple side. It has nothing on those Transformed tracks.

Looks better than the screenshots they showed! Don't know why they insist at on using weird angles, when in this case it actually made the game look worse due to being too close to the poor track textures.

Screenshots have the impression the backgrounds looked great but the track itself looked poor.

Definitely picking this one up.

I will get this anyways but a few concerns:
The early build will hopefully be polished a lot; my memory may be wrong but Transformed looked better to me than this.
I hope they don't go too much Mario Kart clone with this one. Mario Kart has pretty much been killed on the arcade racing side, it's just rolling around and using items nowadays. The previous Sonic racing games felt very arcade-y with difficult challenges (the game still was simple but if you wanted to 100% it you had to be among the top 5% and rock all the time trials) and they should stick with it, even if that means lower sales than what they would forecast with a clone.

Around the Network
Sunstrider said:
KLXVER said:
Looks kinda slow imo. Maybe they just played on an easier setting?

Maybe the game's on 50cc.

50cc has to die

Looks good a bit slow. Transformed was my favorite Kart racer of the last gen I loved it. I really hope some Sega characters not from the Sonic franchise are in this.

It looks like a downsized version of the last two games. Less characters/less atmosphere/less original more of a save investment.

HintHRO said:
Sunstrider said:

Maybe the game's on 50cc.

50cc has to die

Not necessarily, just let them add some more difficulty/speed in the game, don't wanna see my daughter getting slaughtered by cpu's all the time .

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Hoping for some transformed style gameplay as well