By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GXT 11 Series Not Coming Soon

Slimebeast said:
JEMC said:

Well, first of all, of course Huang had to say that the cards were still a long time away! They still have 10xx cards to sell, now that the mining craze is taking a break. And there's also the fact that "it's a long time" is a very subjective statement. Now that E3 is coming, I'm sure you've noticed how some people are so excited about it that even having to wait 1 or 2 days is too far away for them.

That's why I said that a September (or thereabout) release could be possible.

Also, with a new architecture, 12nm and GDDR6, we could still see a nice jump in performance.

Now I feel relieved. Great analysis about time and how it's very contextual and subjective hehe.

And also that Huang has to say like he did so the sales of the 1000-series don't hault. It wouldn't be very smart to say "it's a short time from now" lol

Btw JEMC it says in your profile that you own a 1070. I member that you bought a 970 only about 1.5-2 years ago, and a bit later we had a discussion in the PC thread about how you lacked money because of your mom and you needing to go to the dentist.

How come you decided to upgrade from 970 to a 1070 in a gaming lull (meaning that games aren't very demanding to run in 1080p) and when did you do it?

Well, I didn't get a 970. I thought about upgrading my trusty 5850 to meet (and exceed) the min. specs of most games this gen, and the 970 looked to be a great choice, but then the 3.5+0.5GB VRAM thing was discovered. I wasn't pleased at all with that and decided to wait for something better, a decision that also gave me the opportunity to save a bit more cash.

Then, in 2016, the fan of my 5850 started to fail, making so much noise that it was unbearable, so I couldn't delay the purchase anymore. Thankfully, Black Friday was just a few days away, so I waited a little bit and was able to get my actual 1070 for something around 300 €. A bargain given what happened later with the mining craze.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Slimebeast said:

Now I feel relieved. Great analysis about time and how it's very contextual and subjective hehe.

And also that Huang has to say like he did so the sales of the 1000-series don't hault. It wouldn't be very smart to say "it's a short time from now" lol

Btw JEMC it says in your profile that you own a 1070. I member that you bought a 970 only about 1.5-2 years ago, and a bit later we had a discussion in the PC thread about how you lacked money because of your mom and you needing to go to the dentist.

How come you decided to upgrade from 970 to a 1070 in a gaming lull (meaning that games aren't very demanding to run in 1080p) and when did you do it?

Well, I didn't get a 970. I thought about upgrading my trusty 5850 to meet (and exceed) the min. specs of most games this gen, and the 970 looked to be a great choice, but then the 3.5+0.5GB VRAM thing was discovered. I wasn't pleased at all with that and decided to wait for something better, a decision that also gave me the opportunity to save a bit more cash.

Then, in 2016, the fan of my 5850 started to fail, making so much noise that it was unbearable, so I couldn't delay the purchase anymore. Thankfully, Black Friday was just a few days away, so I waited a little bit and was able to get my actual 1070 for something around 300 €. A bargain given what happened later with the mining craze.

Oh, what a lucky fan failure.

I'm still stuck with a 290 because of the miners (and AMD disappointments forcing me to jump ship). An 1180 would be perfect, but only if there's no competition from miners.

Slimebeast said:
JEMC said:

I'm still stuck with a 290 because of the miners (and AMD disappointments forcing me to jump ship). An 1180 would be perfect, but only if there's no competition from miners.

It was indeed. And being able to grab a 1070, where the rest of the year I could have only gone with a RX 480 or a 1060 was great.

AMD's situation when it comes to their GPUs is quite sad. Unless you're very brand loyal, Nvidia has become the go to route, and the mining craze didn't help either .

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

they should change the branding line of their cards

JEMC said:
Slimebeast said:

It was indeed. And being able to grab a 1070, where the rest of the year I could have only gone with a RX 480 or a 1060 was great.

AMD's situation when it comes to their GPUs is quite sad. Unless you're very brand loyal, Nvidia has become the go to route, and the mining craze didn't help either .

I was lucky when I jumped on the RX580. Mining kicked in and the price went from $380 AUD to $800 AUD at one point. Even now that GPU is still at $500.
Picked up a second RX 580 for Crossfire from a swap-meet for $250.

Vega 56 and Vega 64 is coming down in price here... And Vega refresh isn't far away, so might have a reason to upgrade my GPU's soon.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Fine by me. Just means I can get more mileage out of my old card while I am broke.

Pemalite said:
JEMC said:

I was lucky when I jumped on the RX580. Mining kicked in and the price went from $380 AUD to $800 AUD at one point. Even now that GPU is still at $500.
Picked up a second RX 580 for Crossfire from a swap-meet for $250.

Vega 56 and Vega 64 is coming down in price here... And Vega refresh isn't far away, so might have a reason to upgrade my GPU's soon.

Between Vega 56 and Vega 64, only the former is worth it. Vega 64 is slower, more power hungry and more expensive than a GTX 1080.

Vega 7nm is coming, but it will first launch for professional products, so we may have to wait until the very end of the year if not next year to have them in gaming cards.

JEMC said:

Between Vega 56 and Vega 64, only the former is worth it. Vega 64 is slower, more power hungry and more expensive than a GTX 1080.

Vega 7nm is coming, but it will first launch for professional products, so we may have to wait until the very end of the year if not next year to have them in gaming cards.

Well. Vega 64 doesn't really fetch much of a price premium over Vega 56 here. Plus I get a sprinkling of discount.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I'm not sure if anyone still interested in this upcoming gpu series but just wanna give a quick summary of all the rumors:

The 11 series will be announced/released july 30 according to hardware unboxed/gamers meld. We also had an very early rumor by tomshardware saying the same month.

There has been some recent talk about inventory issues for Nvidia that might delay the launch, I believe there is some truth to it but probably a non-issue as the information from hardware unboxed and gamers meld is still very recent.

As for the architecture, I expect geforce 1180 to be 40% more energy efficient than pascal and have 10% more performance than 1080 ti. Price will be between 650-700$ and 8GB of ram.

Last edited by Trumpstyle - on 25 June 2018

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Trumpstyle said:

I'm not sure if anyone still interested in this upcoming gpu series but just wanna give a quick summary of all the rumors:

The 11 series will be announced/released july 30 according to hardware unboxed/gamers meld. We also had an very early rumor by tomshardware saying the same month.

There has been some recent talk about inventory issues for Nvidia, I believe there is some truth to it but probably a non-issue as hardware unboxed and gamers meld information is still very recent.

As for the architecture, I expect geforce 1180 to be 40% more energy efficient than pascal and have 10% more performance than 1080 ti. Price will be between 650-700$ and 8GB of ram.

I really hope that the rumors regarding release date are true. I want to upgrade asap.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3