By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report: QoL Project might be dead - Nintendo stock tumbles

NoirSon said:
Yeah, most investors that don't follow the industry will think it is a failed project and try to sell. Not realizing it was a project that if released would be high cost to manufacture and maintain for a company with little growth benefits . It was mostly a ploy to aim at the casual crowd but at this point Nintendo gets that is a fickle and dangerous market to gamble on.

Where are you getting this from?

Investment firms don’t arbitrarily throw money around without any knowledge of the situation. They run analytics on the market, study the consumer base, tear down business models, and make very informed projections. People don’t gamble arbitrarily with hundreds of millions to billions of dollars.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

The shocking part isn't that it's dead, but that shareholders would ever be so stupid as to believe this would be some major selling point for Switch. It would bomb spectacularly and Nintendo clearly realized this.

collint0101 said:
Xxain said:

Hahahahaha. Back this train up. lol, what?

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-investor-i-do-not-understand-video-games-1599625657

Oh God this is gold XD

I wish I had tons of money to invest on stuff I know nothing about too.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Canceled to make room for more mobile.

Stock is slightly up again. It will be stable for the next couple days I think.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
why would a game console need a sleep tracker though?

For safety! To prevent falling asleep and crashing in driving games! EU jobsworths should make it mandatory in every console!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Can't really be sad about something i never saw, personally. Of course, from a business pov it means that potencial profits got missed, but if the consequence is a 6% drop in stock, it's probably just correcting the gains it had off this promise.

Aka... there's nothing wrong here. Quite honestly, it wasn't that big a hit, in my opinion.

Azelover said:
This is bad news. Nintendo is very reactionary. This will pressure them into ifguring something out. It could lead to another "WiiMusic" type of deal, where they announce something that isn't quite together, just to soften the shareholders..

Terrible news...

Or this could be a carefully coordinated leak to allow insiders to buy in anticipation of E3 ;)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3