By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Capcom force digital cloud rentals in PS5 and Next Xbox if Resident Evil 7 cloud version succeeds?

Will Capcom force digital rentals more if Resident evil cloud succeeds?

Yes 5 14.71%

No 19 55.88%

Maybe 9 26.47%

See Results 1 2.94%

Total:34
Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:

And i bought PC recently in 2015  (building new one) as well after 6 years absent on PC gaming , because my old dual core CPU and mother board will  be compatible with new CPU core. 

I wasn't absent from PC gaming though. I've been using my PC for those 7 years without needing to upgrade. So no, there's no requirement whatsoever to upgrade every year unless you just want to throw money away or something.

Of course there is no requirement for PC to be upgrade it every year, but games on PC are poorly optimize that some of future games require new API to be upgrade it and it requires new hardware like for examples direct X12 required new paschal GPU on Nvidia. You don't need to upgrade every spec every years but to get the benefit from PC gaming u need to updated once in 5 years minimally  or build a new one . Unlike consoles that supported for 10 years for every games. 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I wasn't absent from PC gaming though. I've been using my PC for those 7 years without needing to upgrade. So no, there's no requirement whatsoever to upgrade every year unless you just want to throw money away or something.

Of course there is no requirement for PC to be upgrade it every year, but games on PC are poorly optimize that some of future games require new API to be upgrade it and it requires new hardware like for examples direct X12 required new paschal GPU on Nvidia. You don't need to upgrade every spec every years but to get the benefit from PC gaming u need to updated once in 5 years minimally  or build a new one . Unlike consoles that supported for 10 years for every games. 

No, Direct X12 doesn't require Pascal GPUs on Nvidia. Maxwell and even Kepler GPUs are compatible and can play any DX12 game.

Which DX 12 game doesn't run with a five year old GTX 780 or R9 290X (both older than the PS4 and Xbox One) and a 7.5 year old i7 2600K? Forza Motorsport 7? Sea of Thieves? Gears of War 4? They probably also can handle any multiplatform PS4/XBO/PC game of the future with medium settings and/or 30 fps.

Last edited by Conina - on 02 June 2018

Conina said:

No, Direct X12 doesn't require Pascal GPUs on Nvidia. Maxwell and even Kepler GPUs are compatible and can play any DX12 game.

Which DX 12 game doesn't run with a five year old GTX 780 or R9 290X (both older than the PS4 and Xbox One) and a 7.5 year old i7 2600K? Forza Motorsport 7? Sea of Thieves? Gears of War 4? They probably also can handle any multiplatform PS4/XBO/PC game of the future with medium settings and/or 30 fps.

Forza series on PC doesn't run on Fermi or Intel Gen 7.5/8 GPUs both of which have DX12 support ...

Conina said:
HollyGamer said:

Yes you need Paschal GPU to utilize all the direct X 12 benefit 

fatslob-:O said:
Conina said:

Forza series on PC doesn't run on Fermi or Intel Gen 7.5/8 GPUs both of which have DX12 support ...

Yup , actually this 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:

Yup , actually this 

it's a hardware limitation though since they don't support some bindless resources ... 

Conina said:

Did I say Fermi? Fermi is 2010 - 2011 GPU hardware. It doesn't run Forza Motorsport 7 or Forza Horizon 3? Neither does any console hardware from these years.

Conina said:

Did I say Fermi? Fermi is 2010 - 2011 GPU hardware. It doesn't run Forza Motorsport 7 or Forza Horizon 3? Neither does any console hardware from these years.

Actually, Forza Horizon 2 runs on the 360 and it's a DX12 game on PC (exclusively) so what point are you trying to make ? 

HollyGamer said:

Yes you need Paschal GPU to utilize all the direct X 12 benefit 

Which benefits exactly? Which shaders or other effects aren't possible on a GTX 6x0 or GTX 7x0 or GTX9x0 (or AMD R9 or AMD RX) that are possible on Pascal?

And even more important: Which shaders or other effects aren't possible on a GTX 6x0 or GTX 7x0 or GTX9x0 (or AMD R9 or AMD RX) that are possible on the current consoles?

Conina said:

Actually, Forza Horizon 2 runs on the 360 and it's a DX12 game on PC (exclusively) so what point are you trying to make ? 

Actually, Forza Horizon 2 doesn't exist for PC. So it is neither a DX11 nor a DX12 game on PC. It also ain't a DX12 game on Xbox 360 or Xbox One!

DX12 wasn't available on PC or Xbox One when Forza Horizon 2 was released in September 2014... the first game that used DX12 on Xbox One was Star Wars Battlefront 14 month later: http://www.redgamingtech.com/directx-12-for-xbox-one-is-here-star-wars-battlefront-first-dx12-x1-title/

And the point I'm trying to make: if you don't need every graphic settings maxed out or 60 fps in games which are only 30 fps on the current consoles a good PC of 2013/2014 will carry you through the whole 8th console gen.

You probably have to upgrade for multiplatform games that include PS5 or Xbox Two, but not for the multiplatform games of the next years which are tailored to run on PS4 Slim or Xbox One S.

Last edited by Conina - on 02 June 2018