By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Capcom force digital cloud rentals in PS5 and Next Xbox if Resident Evil 7 cloud version succeeds?

Will Capcom force digital rentals more if Resident evil cloud succeeds?

Yes 5 14.71%

No 19 55.88%

Maybe 9 26.47%

See Results 1 2.94%

Total:34
Medisti said:
HollyGamer said:

The problem is , it's not just consoles, all gaming platform including PC , Arcade, Mobile phones , handled will be a cloud service in the future (probably in 20 to 30 years from now) 

Well, get me my cane, suspenders and old-man pants because the moment that happens is the moment I start calling you all whippersnappers and talking about the good ol' days. ;)

This isn't the first time the industry tried to push technology to limited success. Ultimately, the market decides if these things will become standard. There are people like me who dislike the idea of not owning your games (I avoid digital when possible for that reason), and that's a portion of the market who wouldn't go for a cloud/digital-only system if there's an alternative. How much of an impact that would have, if any, remains to be seen. PSP-GO was a long time ago, so it's not really a good frame of reference anymore. But, considering the backlash to Xbone's no used-games policy (which would effectively happen with a digital-only system), it would be a hard fight to win.

Yeah, probably we all will be gone or busy with all our grand children or another problem. But for sure the era will changes we might have something better for the exchanges like flying car or a trip to the moon :P 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Medisti said:

Well, get me my cane, suspenders and old-man pants because the moment that happens is the moment I start calling you all whippersnappers and talking about the good ol' days. ;)

This isn't the first time the industry tried to push technology to limited success. Ultimately, the market decides if these things will become standard. There are people like me who dislike the idea of not owning your games (I avoid digital when possible for that reason), and that's a portion of the market who wouldn't go for a cloud/digital-only system if there's an alternative. How much of an impact that would have, if any, remains to be seen. PSP-GO was a long time ago, so it's not really a good frame of reference anymore. But, considering the backlash to Xbone's no used-games policy (which would effectively happen with a digital-only system), it would be a hard fight to win.

Yeah, probably we all will be gone or busy with all our grand children or another problem. But for sure the era will changes we might have something better for the exchanges like flying car or a trip to the moon :P 

It depends on ease of use, reliability, price and if the majority of buyers like the concept. Don't forget that Beta was superior to VHS in quality and not even that more expensive. But the market made its choice.

Cloud gaming is still giving its first steps and won't be a thing soon, maybe in 20 years from now. If they do it will probably be for a limited region.

They would, and others would soon follow. I for one, will not support it.

I have Resident Evil 7 on PS4. I will double dip on Switch if it ever gets a physical release just to support the fact that it is what I want.

I will NOT be aupporting any of this streaming crap. Hell I would even be ok with digital only, but not streaming.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

CuCabeludo said:

Cloud gaming is still giving its first steps and won't be a thing soon, maybe in 20 years from now. If they do it will probably be for a limited region.

Look at PSNow.  Cloud gaming works, and works well.

The only thing holding it back is that the world's network connections are not on par yet.  Once higher speeds become a worldwide standard, all they need is our support.  Deny them now before it even has a chance to become a thing I say.

The threat is a lot closer than you think.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:

The problem is , it's not just consoles, all gaming platform including PC , Arcade, Mobile phones , handled will be a cloud service in the future (probably in 20 to 30 years from now) 

Won't happen.

There will always be actual hardware being made and as long as it's being made there will be people using it.

It will happen, but i agree with what you are saying. So there will be still normal hardware to sell but it will be limited and the price will be super ultra expensive. And majority will be just streaming.  just like how CD and arcade today. 

Shiken said:
CuCabeludo said:

Look at PSNow.  Cloud gaming works, and works well.

The only thing holding it back is that the world's network connections are not on par yet.  Once higher speeds become a worldwide standard, all they need is our support.  Deny them now before it even has a chance to become a thing I say.

The threat is a lot closer than you think.

Yeah  agree, it works really well. It's just that some country need a good bandwidth and higher speed. But it's a not a threat like u think , it's just market diversities and innovation. The answer is how long will it take for market to adapt and accept, just like how spotifiy and streaming music  nowadays. 

Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:

It will happen, but i agree with what you are saying. So there will be still normal hardware to sell but it will be limited and the price will be super ultra expensive. And majority will be just streaming.  just like how CD and arcade today. 

The hardware won't be super ultra expensive. And if it were... well that hardware would be needed to run those streaming servers so that would be super ultra expensive too...

Plus, CDs these days are far from expensive. They're about the same price they always were. There's itunes too for permanent downloads. As for arcades that's not quite the same since they're really on a country by country basis. Here in the UK I've never known a time where arcades were popular. Never even saw one when I was a kid, so can't really say they died out here when they weren't really alive in the first place. When I lived in Japan however, arcades were still cheap and plentiful.

The hardware will be super mega ultra expensive (LOL) and it wont affecting server because one server to rule them all, it means one gaming server can coup with many ip address at a millisecond .

It's very expensive if you want to compare to streaming, and also you need to considered the cost of memory to save all of your terabyte data. Just look how Netflix  and spotify now are really popular. 

Consoles and PC require you to upgrade every year (PC) or every 5 years (console) , but streaming it's up to the server provider and service provider. 

The future concept of business will be about service (from food, labor, game etc).  But the normal offline gaming will still be there and only small people that can afford it, but it's just you and i will not playing game anymore, or we will learned to accept the reality,  and all the future children and teens will enjoy playing streaming rather then playing it on the actual hardware (just like how kid enjoying  iOS and Android nowadays ). 

Overall  it will  not be a  threat for future generation but it's a problem for our generation (considered on the condition the majority of Internet bandwidth  and speed is very slow and the price of consoles gaming is till cheaper).

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 02 June 2018

Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:

The hardware will be super mega ultra expensive (LOL) and it wont affecting server because one server to rule them all, it means one gaming server can coup with many ip address at a millisecond .

It's very expensive if you want to compare to streaming, and also you need to considered the cost of memory to save all of your terabyte data. Just look how Netflix  and spotify now are really popular. 

Consoles and PC require you to upgrade every year (PC) or every 5 years (console) , but streaming it's up to the server provider and service provider. 

The future concept of business will be about service (from food, labor, game etc).  But the normal offline gaming will still be there and only small people that can afford it, but it's just you and i will not playing game anymore, or we will learned to accept the reality,  and all the future children and teens will enjoy playing streaming rather then playing it on the actual hardware (just like how kid enjoying  iOS and Android nowadays ). 

Overall  it will  not be a  threat for future generation but it's a problem for our generation (considered on the condition the majority of Internet bandwidth  and speed is very slow and the price of consoles gaming is till cheaper).

Funny, I could swear that I've only upgraded my PC once (this year) in the 7 years that I've had it...

And i bought PC recently in 2015  (building new one) as well after 6 years absent on PC gaming , because my old dual core CPU and mother board will  be compatible with new CPU core. 

You needn't worry about this because as soon as people try it and realize how awful it is, they'll never purchase another streaming rental again.