** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
Wyrdness said:
Carl said:

He had to use those tactics because his players weren't good enough.

Lukaku has the touch of a donkey. Sanchez has been a complete flop. Rashford is overrated

Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Lindelof and Bailly aren't Champions League standard. Young, Darmian and Shaw are mediocre at best. The defence has conceded more goals in the Premier League than Huddersfield Town.

His best, go to game changer this season has been Fellaini.

You could really argue that they won those trophies down to Mourinho's shithouse tactics. Ajax dominated that Europa League final.
____

Compare the squad of Man United to the squads of Liverpool and Man City, as the perfect example. Outside of de Gea and potentially Pogba, would you say any of United's prime starting 11 would push out one of City or Liverpool's starting 11?

No he had those tactics because it's all he knows he's been using them since his Porto days every team he's managed he's used the exact same tactic even when he was at Real Madrid so you going to argue that these teams were trash as well?

Exactly! Mou tactics are overused, he doesn't know how to play football any other way!

I remember how tired and useless most Barcelona players looked before Frank Rijkaard handed Pep the torch. Pep turned the ship around got back on top with the same talents he inherited from Frank. I truly believe a good manager can make Man U a frightening team without additional signings. 

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

No he had those tactics because it's all he knows he's been using them since his Porto days every team he's managed he's used the exact same tactic even when he was at Real Madrid so you going to argue that these teams were trash as well?

Ajax got dismantled in that final they were never in the game at any point and when it comes to comparing squads considering the so called trash squad has a better record against the two teams you're naming it speaks volumes on the reality of the situation, I know it's popular to hate United but you're talking bullocks mate the squad is far from what you're trying to paint it as because end of the day they're still 6th and still with in range of top 4 which contradicts your view, I remember when Ronaldo was at United people were saying the same non sense you're spouting now about him and his team mates.

I don't think Mourinho has ever been so defensive. He's known for building a solid foundation at the back and pushing from there, but this United side simply doesn't have that strong foundation. That's why he wanted to buy a big name defender in the Summer in Alderweireld or Maguire.

Ajax had 70% possession, 17 shots to United's 7 and 634 passes to United's 285. United's first goal was a lucky deflection, too. To say that Ajax were never in the game is completely laughable. You either didn't watch the game or you're letting your United bias cloud everything you're saying.

Ronaldo won the Champions League, multiple Premier League titles, multiple other trophies and the Ballon d'Or while he was at United. He played alongside Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Rooney, Carrick, Scholes, Tevez and Giggs to name a select few. Nobody was complaining about Ferguson, Ronaldo and United through those years. What on Earth are you talking about?

Ka-pi96 said:
Wyrdness said:

Ajax got dismantled in that final they were never in the game at any point and when it comes to comparing squads considering the so called trash squad has a better record against the two teams you're naming it speaks volumes on the reality of the situation, I know it's popular to hate United but you're talking bullocks mate the squad is far from what you're trying to paint it as because end of the day they're still 6th and still with in range of top 4 which contradicts your view, I remember when Ronaldo was at United people were saying the same non sense you're spouting now about him and his team mates.

Since Mourinho took over...

3 City wins, 1 draw, 2 Utd wins. 9 City goals, 7 Utd goals.

1 Liverpool win, 3 draws, 1 Utd win. 5 Liverpool goals, 4 Utd goals

How on earth do Utd have the better record in those comparisons?

Too bad for you we're not only talking about from when Mourinho took over.

Carl said:

I don't think Mourinho has ever been so defensive. He's known for building a solid foundation at the back and pushing from there, but this United side simply doesn't have that strong foundation. That's why he wanted to buy a big name defender in the Summer in Alderweireld or Maguire.

Ajax had 70% possession, 17 shots to United's 7 and 634 passes to United's 285. United's first goal was a lucky deflection, too. To say that Ajax were never in the game is completely laughable. You either didn't watch the game or you're letting your United bias cloud everything you're saying.

Ronaldo won the Champions League, multiple Premier League titles, multiple other trophies and the Ballon d'Or while he was at United. He played alongside Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Rooney, Carrick, Scholes, Tevez and Giggs to name a select few. Nobody was complaining about Ferguson, Ronaldo and United through those years. What on Earth are you talking about?

Then you don't have a good memory it's how Porto played, it's how Chelsea played, it's how Inter played it's how he tried to make Madrid play.

Ahh yes the usual stats argument the's a difference between meaningful use of the ball and just passing the ball around in front of your opposition and taking tame shots not troubling them and if you think people weren't knocking Ronaldo during the Fergie days then sort your selective memory out as people for a while were saying Ronaldo was mediocre blah blah then he started scoring goals, people just like you knocked the team saying theyr would never be as good as the team in 98/99 then the team exploded and went on to go to 3 CL finals.

mZuzek said:
Wyrdness said:

end of the day they're still 6th and still with in range of top 4

Makes me remember the days of 2010-11 when we were 8th and "only" 10 points behind top 4 and I used to believe we could still get there. Of course, this went on for a few years, it was always "top 4 is still within reach, only X points gap".

United aren't making top 4 this year my dude.

Maybe but the competition now for top 4 is a lot stronger than back then even with all their woes they've done well to be 6th in this day and age, Liverpool's problems back then were some what different though, they could have won the league at least twice if it weren't for two particular matches in one season and one slip up in another.

Around the Network

Did i see someone dissing frenkies term at barca? Imho he started a very good period every trainer since has profit from

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Things are heating up here so I'd like to point out I don't hate United and I actually liked watching them during SAF days even though they had an habit of kicking our players off the pitch. They're a huge club with a history to respect. I just think there's something wrong going on at the club and it'll be a long process to fix it. I'm surprised if Zidane wants a job like that after his success with Madrid. Even though I don't see United squad as trash. Many players just seem to underperform or get worse.

It's kind a the same thing I'm worried about Emery and Arsenal. There's talent in the squad but it's disjointed also. Despite a solid start Emery seems to struggle creating a distinct style of play. He never gets the starting 11 right for example. Of course he'll need 2-3 transfer windows to do it.

So apparently you are an United supporter Wyrdness. Would you like to see Zidane as your manager and why him? What about the likes of Jardim or Pochettino? Hell, why not even Simeone. Thinking he would be a good fit.

Ka-pi96 said:
Wyrdness said:

Too bad for you we're not only talking about from when Mourinho took over.

You were talking about the current squad and considering Bailly, Pogba, Lukaku & Sanchez among others didn't play for Utd before Mourinho took over...

Although even if you want to go further back, say since Fergie left?

6 City wins, 2 draws, 4 Utd wins. 19 City goals, 13 Utd goals

4 Liverpool wins, 4 draws, 6 Utd wins. 14 Liverpool goals, 15 Utd goals

City's record vs Utd is even better in that period, so you're still wrong in thinking Utd have the better record.

They may have a better record vs Liverpool now, but at the rate it's going that may well swing in Liverpools favour in a few more seasons too.

Mate don't try and tell me which squad I'm talking about because I even mention Van Gaal earlier, I concede the City part as I miscounted two of the wins as for Liverpool the past few seasons have been their best chance to swing things in their favour and it still didn't happen.

KiigelHeart said:
So apparently you are an United supporter Wyrdness. Would you like to see Zidane as your manager and why him? What about the likes of Jardim or Pochettino? Hell, why not even Simeone. Thinking he would be a good fit.

I'm not I'm a neutral so I don't look at things the same way dedicated supporters do as for Zidane his style of management may suit them.