** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
Ka-pi96 said:
Wyrdness said:

He bought 11 players it's one of the reasons cited in his sacking the manager did all the buying then his rotation tactics didn't allow the team to gel it's essentially a repeat of what happened in his last season at Chelsea.

But he's done plenty of complaining about not getting the players he wants. So somebody is lying about something and I certainly wouldn't trust the Utd board's version of events either.

Two of the players he bought total 140m or so by themselves so imagine how much all 11 cost, when you're spending money like that obviously the board aren't going to let you buy everyone you want, notice how when the days of a blank cheque ended at Chelsea he started having the same problems as he did at United.

Around the Network

Many talented players have failed miserably in United in recent years. Di Maria, Falcao, Depay, Alexis, Pogba & Lukaku for example. Rashford, Martial and De Gea aren't really stepping up their boom at the moment. Neither LVG or Mou didn't seem to get things going and they're experienced managers. Imo them finishing 2nd last season didn't reflect their performances.

And that Chevrolet logo looks awful.

Noooo, I wanted him to stay and get humiliated further. Always complaining about City spendings as if it was the only team that he was lagging behind

It's been fairly obvious that Mourinho has been wanting to be fired since the season started and he didn't get the transfer targets he wanted in the Summer.

kirby007 said:
I smell a fat contract for zidane

Zidane would be taking a huge risk going to the current Manchester United. The squad is complete trash, a far cry from the Madrid side he inherited and nourished.

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
kirby007 said:

I'll be surprised if Zidane wants anything to do with United atm. There's something rotten going on there. Henry should take the job after he's finished with Monaco heh.

Any coach would kill to have the talents Mourinho was in charge of. It's easy to say that City has the better team now, but it wasn't the case until MAN U trailed behind. Pogba is better than Debruyne, Mata is as good as Silva, Martial for Sane, De Gea is the best in the world, Alexis Snaches was wonderful until he played for Jose so on and so forth. 

If I were in Zidane shoes I wouldn't blink!

I was hoping Pogba would move back to Juve or go to Barca before Mou gets sacked! Now I am hoping Juventus gets Messi in a similarly shocking fashion next season and we'd get to see CR7 and Messi playing together!

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 18 December 2018

And the red bull money pays the salary proves that the highest wages teams tend to win everything

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Carl said:
kirby007 said:

Zidane would be taking a huge risk going to the current Manchester United. The squad is complete trash, a far cry from the Madrid side he inherited and nourished.

Trash according to whom? They have a strong squad to the point that they've taken wins of Liverpool, Chelsea and City in fact United even under the odd tactics of Mourinho and Mourinho lite (Van Gaal) actually have a good record against these teams they even clipped Juventus away and have still won 2 trophies non the less. The managers employed some odd tactics that would suit the Serie A more than the EPL, Zidane recognized months ago which is why he began chasing the position and publicly declared that it's his goal to take over.

Wyrdness said:

Trash according to whom? They have a strong squad to the point that they've taken wins of Liverpool, Chelsea and City in fact United even under the odd tactics of Mourinho and Mourinho lite (Van Gaal) actually have a good record against these teams they even clipped Juventus away and have still won 2 trophies non the less. The managers employed some odd tactics that would suit the Serie A more than the EPL, Zidane recognized months ago which is why he began chasing the position and publicly declared that it's his goal to take over.

He had to use those tactics because his players weren't good enough.

Lukaku has the touch of a donkey. Sanchez has been a complete flop. Rashford is overrated

Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Lindelof and Bailly aren't Champions League standard. Young, Darmian and Shaw are mediocre at best. The defence has conceded more goals in the Premier League than Huddersfield Town.

His best, go to game changer this season has been Fellaini.

You could really argue that they won those trophies down to Mourinho's shithouse tactics. Ajax dominated that Europa League final.
____

Compare the squad of Man United to the squads of Liverpool and Man City, as the perfect example. Outside of de Gea and potentially Pogba, would you say any of United's prime starting 11 would push out one of City or Liverpool's starting 11?

Carl said:
Wyrdness said:

He had to use those tactics because his players weren't good enough.

Lukaku has the touch of a donkey. Sanchez has been a complete flop. Rashford is overrated

Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Lindelof and Bailly aren't Champions League standard. Young, Darmian and Shaw are mediocre at best. The defence has conceded more goals in the Premier League than Huddersfield Town.

His best, go to game changer this season has been Fellaini.

You could really argue that they won those trophies down to Mourinho's shithouse tactics. Ajax dominated that Europa League final.
____

Compare the squad of Man United to the squads of Liverpool and Man City, as the perfect example. Outside of de Gea and potentially Pogba, would you say any of United's prime starting 11 would push out one of City or Liverpool's starting 11?

No he had those tactics because it's all he knows he's been using them since his Porto days every team he's managed he's used the exact same tactic even when he was at Real Madrid so you going to argue that these teams were trash as well?

Ajax got dismantled in that final they were never in the game at any point and when it comes to comparing squads considering the so called trash squad has a better record against the two teams you're naming it speaks volumes on the reality of the situation, I know it's popular to hate United but you're talking bullocks mate the squad is far from what you're trying to paint it as because end of the day they're still 6th and still with in range of top 4 which contradicts your view, I remember when Ronaldo was at United people were saying the same non sense you're spouting now about him and his team mates.