By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 19 May 2018

That 80m announcement at E3 is gonna be a close call.... hopefully they make it.

Around the Network

62k 49k 37k usa

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

JRPGfan said:
That 80m announcement at E3 is gonna be a close call.... hopefully they make it.

They will even if they wont

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

JRPGfan said:

If they use shipped numbers they're comfortably over 80 million.

Signature goes here!

JRPGfan said:

And hopefully when they inevitably beat the PS3 numbers this year they clarify just how much the PS3 has sold.

Around the Network

Ps4 cruising to 80m

Looks like the PS4 is going to be super close to the 80M mark by E3 as was discussed previously in some thread.
I say there are at least 80% chances of the PS4 passing the 100M mark by the end of its cycle and If I must venture a guess I'd go with 110M lifetime.

Now PS4 can use the "stock issues" card, even though it doesn't need to.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

CrazyGamer2017 said:
Looks like the PS4 is going to be super close to the 80M mark by E3 as was discussed previously in some thread.
I say there are at least 80% chances of the PS4 passing the 100M mark by the end of its cycle and If I must venture a guess I'd go with 110M lifetime.

Assuming a November 2020 PS5 release, the PS4 should have sold well over 100 million by the time it launches. I expect 90-95 million sold through by the beginning of 2019. Then it will sell another 15 million at least in 2019, then there's 10 months of 2020 before PS5 releases. Keep in mind the PS3 sold 8 million in 2013, expecting 10-12 million for PS4 in 2020 isn't too crazy.

We could be looking at 120 million PS4's sold by the time the PS5 releases (being optimistic), but at least 105 million (being conservative). Then don't be suprised if it sells another 15-20 million after that before it's off the market. 130 million is my lifetime estimate, but I'm not disregarding the possibility of it selling more than that.

Will Nintendo ever disclose the full sold through numbers of the Switch, or will it always be shipments?