5 (Unsure) 3 2.16%

4 (Not Very) 7 5.04%

3 (Meh) 8 5.76%

2 (Not hyped) 7 5.04%

1 (NintenDOOOMED!) 10 7.19%

Total:139
konnichiwa said:

Don't deserve it's own thread:

Nintendo stock down almost 7% after the E3 showcase. Many analysts are doubting if Nintendo can achieve hardware and software sell in targets for Switch after the 2018 lineup was revealed. A lot riding on Smash and Pokemon this year.

Perhaps they are finally going to release the Switch in China. With Fortnite + Paladins + That Moba Game (Valor something) + Pokemon + the other Switch games. Perhaps it will be popular there......... maybe. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Still no Fire Emblem Three Houses then? Guess they ain't showing since it's not a 2018 game.

Dang! But this could be the only time they can show it since it would perhaps miss out on the next e3. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

DreadPirateRoberts said:
Why would they do a value saving bundle when they have two games that will cause people to buy consoles at full price? There's no reason for Nintendo to do that at this point.
To increase sales further, both now and in the longterm. I mean they're not just gonna leave it unbundled at $300 forever, especially when trying to sell to the handheld market. As said, the games I mentioned have made their moneys worth so Nintendo has more to gain by bundling them for free. Then next year they should be able to price cut by $50 while still profiting from each Switch sold. That's what I'd hope they're planning atleast.

While Nintendos E3 presentation was Smash-centric, I find it sad that so many games get overlooked from the presentation. They really should have expanded on some games from the games reel just before the big Smash chunk, especially Dragonball FighterZ and Wasteland 2, which in my opinion are pretty big announcements.

And then come the announcements from the Treehouse, of which we have 2 right now: Freedom Planet (about time that one got ported!) and Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk (What a mouthful)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2JiZAV5BmDXMDJ76kMt8jFMaxOSWRukh

Mar1217 said:
Jranation said:

Perhaps they are finally going to release the Switch in China. With Fortnite + Paladins + That Moba Game (Valor something) + Pokemon + the other Switch games. Perhaps it will be popular there......... maybe. 

I actually expect South Korea numbers like at this point which is still going to crush PS4/Xbone numbers but it's not gonna change the game ... or maybe I'm wrong  ^^

Do we have the latest numbers in Korea? Last time I heard it did 100k? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

While Nintendos E3 presentation was Smash-centric, I find it sad that so many games get overlooked from the presentation. They really should have expanded on some games from the games reel just before the big Smash chunk, especially Dragonball FighterZ and Wasteland 2, which in my opinion are pretty big announcements.

And then come the announcements from the Treehouse, of which we have 2 right now: Freedom Planet (about time that one got ported!) and Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk (What a mouthful)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2JiZAV5BmDXMDJ76kMt8jFMaxOSWRukh

If Etrian Odyssey is capable of doing the jump on the Switch, then I hope they'll take inspiration from Labyrinth of Refrain.

Me too.

The main problem for EO is probably the lack of second screen or even touchscreen in TV play to draw the map. Once they got a good system to replace that I'm sure they will make the jump to the Switch, too.

Reggie speaks clarity about E3 2018 - It looks like E3 it's just a Nintendo direct now. It was the move they started a while ago.

Reggie: Nintendo has more to show in the weeks/months ahead, talks lootboxes, stock dropping, eSports

Posted on June 13, 2018 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News, Switch

This information comes from Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime…

– Nintendo loves to surprise people
– At E3, Nintendo shows content over the next 6-9 months
– Always has more surprises, more in store
– Reggie not sure why analysts acted the way they did regarding stock dropping
– A lot more up Nintendo’s sleeves, more to show over the weeks and months ahead
– The pacing of news and launches will drive business forward
– Nintendo says online will improve
– When Nintendo does a trial event like Mario Tennis Aces, Nintendo learns about the tech infrustructure
– It will work at launch just like Fortnite
– Reggie again says dockless Switch not planned for America
– This is because difference of cultures
– For that market, an additional SKU makes sense
– In December, 3DS was up 27% year-over-year
– This year, 3DS business up 10% in North America
– Reggie says lootboxes have gotten a bit of a bad rap broadly speaking
– The mechanic is as old as baseball cards Reggie says
– For Nintendo, a gameplay mechanic that offers consumers something to buy where you’re not sure what’s inside could be interesting if it’s not the only way to get those items
– For Nintendo, one of many mechanics that can be used to drive engangement
– Reggie says Furukara is a great choice for Nintendo’s next president
– On eSports, Reggie pointed to Splatoon 2 and Smash Bros. E3 tournaments
– Nintendo wants to create content that lets fans come together and go from there
– Reggie says analysts who have gotten things right over the years is very small
– That’s because Nintendo holds things close to the vest, loves to surprise, and surprises big
– Reggie to analysts: don’t worry, Nintendo driving engagement

Link

The article has a video but i forgot how to embed .

Just follow the link to see the interview.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Jranation said:
Barkley said:

Have they said anything about control options for Mario Party?

I'm concerned that you'll only be able to use joycons and I'm not spending £65 on another pair just to play 3-4 player Mario party.

If you can't use other controllers this game would turn from a must-buy to a never-buy for me...

Which is sad because this was probably my favourite announcement this E3.

I bought some preowned ones for less than half the price of the original and it is in good condition. But if you have friends who have a Switch = 4 Joycons. 

And by other controllers you mean? 

Pro Controller's basically, my plan was to buy some "8bitdo" adaptors so my friends can use their PS4 controllers while I use the Joycons, way cheaper (£16 each), and everything works just like a pro controller, even supports motion controls.

I'm hoping Pro Controller will be supported because none of the people I'd be playing Mario Party with will be getting their own Switch any time soon, and I can't buy a set of joycons just for one game.

"Reggie not sure why analysts acted the way they did regarding stock dropping"

Ignorant Nintendo returneth!

Lonely_Dolphin said:
"Reggie not sure why analysts acted the way they did regarding stock dropping"

Ignorant Nintendo returneth!

Hardly. Stock went up after Pokemon announcement but dropped after details were announced. It dropped to a point lower than when NO Pokemon game was announced. Nintendo may have been overvalued but the difference between a core Pokemon versus a Pokemon spinoff + Fortnite + Smash + Mario Party isn't 20% of the stock price.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!