7 (Cautiously Hyped) 18 12.95%

6 (Not quite there yet) 10 7.19%

5 (Unsure) 3 2.16%

4 (Not Very) 7 5.04%

3 (Meh) 8 5.76%

2 (Not hyped) 7 5.04%

1 (NintenDOOOMED!) 10 7.19%

Total:139

Really? People are now in dispute if the new smash is just an enhanced port or a completely new game? As any of these would look different from each other.....

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Nautilus said:

No it dosent, since they havent talked nothing about modes, single player, full roster and so on.You are just jumping the gun.

And I mean, the game was revealed back in March, and it was pretty epic.We KNEW the game was going to be at E3.I really dont know what you are talking about

So far I said. Obviously we can only go off of what is known. However I'd think if they actually had a lot of new content they'd show it instead of spending so much time on small little details. The March direct was a tease not a reveal.

Lets agree to disagree on the tease/reveal definition.But as far as how much they showed or how much they have showed, they will surely present new stuff at the very least at the invitational.Wether that will be new characters, new modes or just new stages is up in the air.Plus, Nintendo will want to apply the Smash 4 marketing tactic here, even if in a smaller degree.In order to keep hyping the game on the months to come, they wont burn through everything they have today, including game modes.So no, i dont think they would show everything off today.Honestly I felt that they have showed alot already.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

RolStoppable said:
Peh said:
Really? People are now in dispute if the new smash is just an enhanced port or a completely new game? As any of these would look different from each other.....

Last year we had discussions if Splatoon 2 is a port, because the title "Splatoon 2" was ambiguous.

-.- .... I know why I keep my distance from these debates. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

flashfire926 said:

Predictions:

Opening video showcases some upcoming switch games, like fifa 19, nba 2k19, paladins, mario tennis, trial rising, starlink, elder scrolls blades, etc. not really

Starts off with all things third party: sort of

Fortnite on Switch, available today correct

Dragonball fighterZ coming to Switch correct

reminder about monster hunter generations coming to Switch correct, sort of

Killer Queen Black coming to switch correct

Overcooked 2 reveal, SWITCH EXCLUSIVE correct, but not exclusive

wolfenstein: youngblood coming to Switch nope

Spyro: reignited trilogy coming to Switch nope

First party:

Yoshi full name reveal (yoshi's flipping island lol), release date given (Late August?) Nope (wtfff)

Fire Emblem reveal, release date given (December) correct, but delayed to 2019

Metroid Prime 4, gameplay trailer, 2019. nope

Ends with Smash Blowout (To spice things up: banjo/kazooie and steve in smash, along with crash bandicoot), releasing September alongside online service.

It ended with a smash blowout, but coming in December, and still no non-japanese characters

A lot the third party stuff will strategically release in october due to there not being a nintendo title in the month.  Nope, Mario Party is coming October 5th

Dissapointing.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

For me, this E3 was the worst in recent memory. Maybe my expectations were too high but I think everybody besides Microsoft and Bethesda had better showings last year.

My personal ratings:

Microsoft: 9/10 - Conference setup and pace were close to perfect. We got a new Halo (even though that's probably a long way off), 3 Gears games and Forza Horizon 4. There were a lot of 3rd party games but I don't mind that when we're talking about games like Cyberpunk, Sekiro, Fallout 76, Metro Exodus, Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry 5, Dying Light 2 and Battlefield 5. Only thing missing was an exciting new IP or megaton revival like Perfect Dark or Fable.

Bethesda: 8/10 - Conference was held back by a dull rock concert and too many awkward pauses. Content was top notch though. Bethesda fans literally got everything. New chapters announced in Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, DOOM, Wolfenstein and Rage as well as an exciting new IP in Starfield. Better conference setup and more gameplay in general would've improved the rating.

Ubisoft: 7.5/10 - Conference was top notch but content was a little lacking. Maybe I'm just being spoiled but Ubisoft usually ends the conference by announcing either a big new IP or a megaton revival. I admire that they show so much gameplay but it mostly felt like updates for already announced or released games. If they hadn't leaked/shown The Division 2, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, The Crew 2 and Mario + Rabbids: Donkey Kong Adventures beforehand and had shown gameplay of Beyond Good & Evil 2, it would've been close to a 9/10 for me. With Splinter Cell or a big new IP on top would've made it a 10/10.

Sony: 7/10 - Conference was held back by weird setup and pace. They had the winning formula in 2015 and 2016 but for some reason decided to focus on very few games and unnecessary talks (without the actual developers). I really liked what I saw from TLOU2, Ghost, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Resident Evil 2, Control and Nioh 2 but what makes me primarily a PlayStation gamer is the variety of the (exclusive) library. Sony has so many varied games coming up but for some reason they only want to focus on their 3rd person action games. What about Spyro, MediEvil Remake, the secret Bluepoint game, Babylon's Fall, FF7 Remake, Shenmue 3, Yakuza 6, Ace Combat 7, Dead or Alive 6, GT Sport's Summer update, Concrete Genie, Blood and Truth, Déraciné, etc. If we had had less talk, more games and that 1 huge surprise (RE2 was already announced), the rating would've been better.

Nintendo: 5/10 - This could've been a Smash Bros. Direct. I liked the extensive look at Smash Bros. Ultimate. It really is shaping up to be the ultimate fighting game with a huge number of characters and details. With that said I'm somewhat disappointed that it's a port of Smash 4 with some extra content and updated graphics. Beside from Super Mario Party, we didn't really get anything new. If we'd seen anything from Pokémon 2019, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Shin Megami Tensei V, Yo-kai Watch 4, Good-Feel's new Yoshi game or Retro's new game, the rating would've easily been better.

Square Enix: 4/10 - My expectations were high for SE's conference because of their broad and varied library of both Japanese and Western games. I thought they would go all in and bring KH3, FF7 Remake, DQ XI, DQ Builders 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Just Cause 4, Life is Stange 2, The Avengers Project, Left Alive, and People Can Fly's AAA shooter but we only got 4 of those. Platinum's Babylon's Fall looked promising but it was the only new announcement. If they hadn't leaked/shown everything else beforehand, the rating would've been better.

EA: 3/10 - At this point, I don't even think EA is trying to cater to gamers. Their conferences feel like reruns with the same boring talk about this year's "revolutionary" sports titles. They sit on so many great IPs (rip C&C) and sometimes they even have the content to make an interesting show but.. they're just not capable of delivering. They're just a bunch of uncreative and investor-driven suits who invite indie developers in the hope of giving the show some kind of pulse and personality. As a huge fan of the Jedi Knight-series, I hope Respawn's Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order will be a worthy spiritual successor but I won't hold my breath. I know there are many fans of the sports titles and Battlefield, Anthem and the indie games could turn out worthwhile. Though in order to go higher than 3/10, EA would have to actually make an effort regarding the setup, pace and content of the conference.

Last edited by Replicant - on 12 June 2018

Around the Network

Curious to hear your thoughts on which was better, Nintendo's 2017 E3 Spotlight or Nintendo's 2018 E3 Direct? Here's the announcements to compare:

2017 Spotlight Announcements

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Official Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2017

Kirby for Nintendo Switch - Official Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2017

Main Series Pokemon For Nintendo Switch  

Metroid Prime 4 - First Look - Nintendo E3 2017

Yoshi for Nintendo Switch - Official Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2017

Fire Emblem Warriors - Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2017

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Expansion Pass - Nintendo E3 2017

Rocket League - Nintendo Switch Trailer - Nintendo E3 2017

Super Mario Odyssey - Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2017

2018 Direct Announcements

Super Mario Party - Official Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country - Announcement Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018

DAEMON X MACHINA - Official Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018

Overcooked 2 - Announcement Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018

Fortnite - Nintendo Switch Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018

Fire Emblem Three Houses - Official Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018

Killer Queen Black - Announcement Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018

Hollow Knight - Launch Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018

Octopath Traveler - Character Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018

DRAGON BALL FighterZ - Nintendo Switch Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018

SNK HEROINES Tag Team Frenzy - Knockout Duo! Luong & Mian! - Nintendo E3 2018

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - E3 2018 - Nintendo Switch

Nintendo Direct: E3 2018

Nautilus said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
So far I said. Obviously we can only go off of what is known. However I'd think if they actually had a lot of new content they'd show it instead of spending so much time on small little details. The March direct was a tease not a reveal.

Lets agree to disagree on the tease/reveal definition.But as far as how much they showed or how much they have showed, they will surely present new stuff at the very least at the invitational.Wether that will be new characters, new modes or just new stages is up in the air.Plus, Nintendo will want to apply the Smash 4 marketing tactic here, even if in a smaller degree.In order to keep hyping the game on the months to come, they wont burn through everything they have today, including game modes.So no, i dont think they would show everything off today.Honestly I felt that they have showed alot already.

I'm curious what your definition of tease is if you think the March direct was anything but. But anywho, worry not that if they show a substantial amount of stuff I've not already played then my tune will change, but not a moment sooner!

Fortnite has built in voice chat through the headphone jack on Switch, interesting.

Hiku said:
Green098 said:

Fortnite has built in voice chat through the headphone jack on Switch, interesting.

Does it have it's own in game party system then? How is that possible?

Idk, I think so. Nintendo probably let them do as they pleased to have parity with all the other versions. It has crossplay right? So it was probably needed to communicate with people on PC/Xbox.

Hiku said:
Marth said:

Yes because it works over an seperate Epic account. You can build teams up to 4 people and apperantly voice chat works as the devs from Epic were talking about it. I guess its a standard headphone jack as smartphones have because they also can have microphone input while having audio output.

Why Nintendo decided to not do this the same way is beyond me

Oh ok, I remember that you can sign in through Xbox Live on Minecraft for Switch, so I was wondering if it may have been something like that.

But that means there should be no big problem for Nintendo to allow this with their service as well. If they want to.
So that's good news for a potential software update later on.

Unfortunately I think they've known they could have done it like this but chose not to, like how they don't let us send messages or invites to friends. Only god knows why.